Why do BlackBerry always fail!
    Still rocking my 9790 (and know so many of my friends that do) - just baseline the Bold 9790 and Bold 9900 (their highest selling most successful devices) and keep refining and making them better and better....
    Why is it so hard?!
    ps. so what is the logical upgrade for Bold 9790 (and Curve for that matter) users?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-10-14 12:00 PM
    Why do BlackBerry always fail!
    Still rocking my 9790 (and know so many of my friends that do) - just baseline the Bold 9790 and Bold 9900 (their highest selling most successful devices) and keep refining and making them better and better....
    Why is it so hard?!
    ps. so what is the logical upgrade for Bold 9790 (and Curve for that matter) users?
    mann.... i agree with you totally.. i love my 9900 and also expected the "classic" to be 9900(part 2) hehe... and yeah i am using a bit better 1400 mah battery and it last for atleast atleast 1.5 days... man non remove able horror not battery

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900(Old is Gold) using Tapatalk
    09-10-14 12:10 PM
    The funny thing is other companies (no I don't need to name them), are upgrading their best selling phones almost every year. Did I expect BB to upgrade the Bolds every year ? no but seriously it's been a long time since this beauty has been released why not upgrade it ?

Instead they've opted to add a toolbelt to a phone that flopped I just don't get it.

Hopefully the passport is unique enough to make them some good money.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-10-14 01:58 PM
    I like the look a lot! Imagine the classic with no tool belt but with a virtual tool belt like swipe up with both your thumbs at the edge of the glass and when done swipe down! No yes maybe?
    09-10-14 02:09 PM
    I like the look a lot! Imagine the classic with no tool belt but with a virtual tool belt like swipe up with both your thumbs at the edge of the glass and when done swipe down! No yes maybe?
    The whole idea in a toolbelt is to feel the keys and the press.
    This would be a good idea if the glass would go down with a press in this area.
    Trackpad could be wirtual. There is a great app in BBW and its OK.

Posted via Q10Bold
    09-10-14 02:14 PM
    The whole idea in a toolbelt is to feel the keys and the press.
    This would be a good idea if the glass would go down with a press in this area.
    Trackpad could be wirtual. There is a great app in BBW and its OK.

Posted via Q10Bold
    Assigning hot keys to "send" and "end" would have kept us in Q10. Preferably Q for send and P for end?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-10-14 02:24 PM
    This is actually a brilliant idea for full touchscreen phones. I happen to agree with Q10Bold the next Smartphone revolution will not be 64 bit it will be flexble = pressable glass so that you can feel the button pressure.

I've experienced it myself lately on the hardware side, always thought mechanical keyboards were overhyped and overpriced but after receiving my new keyboard (cherry MX black switches) I simply can't go back to non mechanical ones. After the glass pressure revolution hits it will be the same on touchscreens but I think we are a few years away from that (sadly)
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-10-14 02:32 PM
    Assigning hot keys to "send" and "end" would have kept us in Q10. Preferably Q for send and P for end?
    Yes. Or even the spacebar or something. Thats not a big deal to develope.
    Send a messages is on enter but answer a phonecall should be on Q or W, E Or R. End call on U, I, O, P

Posted via Q10Bold
    idssteve and Mr4aces like this.
    09-10-14 02:33 PM
    BB has long had an uncanny knack for self sabotage. It's gotten almost pathological at times. I, for one, think calling the Q20 a "classic" and building expectations of a 9900 replacement was a mistake. You just can't look at the new Q and see where they were aiming anywhere near legacy. When was the last legacy device without replaceable battery? Just looking at Q20 one can't help but see it as a logical upgrade for the Q10. Arguably the Q that SHOULD have been. And THAT is a GOOD thing in itself! Not as good as the full featured 9900 fitted with mature BB10 (my dream machine), but possibly marginally tolerable for those of us craving a modern toolbelt device.

All that said, i think we need to start being mindful that this is a Q20 forum. Lack of info has promoted justifiably vigorous debate about what SHOULD be. But as what we know about the new20 solidifies into "stone", that debate will hopefully mature into collaboration aimed at optimizing Q20 user experience.

Several here in the breakroom are pushing the idea of starting a "9900 BB10" petition to send to Chen... ???

The Q20 is no 9900 but taken on it's own terms, it should be a pretty capable device in it's own right, depending on individual needs & preferences. I, for one, will grit my teeth and buy one. Might even be last chance for getting a BB10 toolbelt in hand. ??
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-10-14 03:22 PM
    The whole point is for keys you can press without looking and would not ever go away whether the screen is on or not. So that (which has been brought up multiple times already) would totally defeat the purpose...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces and idssteve like this.
    09-10-14 04:42 PM
    It's a normal term if you don't like the look of something nor think it
    it's convenient.
    Ah okay, so it?s simply a derogatory, insulting term which you use reflection.
    09-10-14 05:26 PM
    Ok, since the leaked pics and the discussion seems to confirm that the "Classic" is not a high-end premium device as many hoped and expected, I assume the outer frame will only be plastic with a metal look and not real brushed steel...

I really like the Q10 and was eagerly waiting for the Classic=Q10 with toolbelt, updated specs and lightly larger.
    But after the leaked info's, I'm pretty disappointed
    09-10-14 05:31 PM
    Ok, since the leaked pics and the discussion seems to confirm that the "Classic" is not a high-end premium device as many hoped and expected, I assume the outer frame will only be plastic with a metal look and not real brushed steel...

I really like the Q10 and was eagerly waiting for the Classic=Q10 with toolbelt, updated specs and lightly larger.
    But after the leaked info's, I'm pretty disappointed
    Maybe the bright side is this phone will be affordable!

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-10-14 06:28 PM
    Affordable.. Lol. Get a q5. Until a further leak and definitive hands on.. I'm gonna reserve judgement and hope blackberry doesn't do everything mentioned here.. If so. I will probably jump ship to Apple as well my gf and so will a couple colleagues.. At least will still be able to use bbm lol for free lol lol lol.
    09-10-14 08:55 PM
    Are you sure? i was under the impression... the 'CLASSIC' is a premium device.... hence 2GB of ram, the 'term' classic and trackpad, etc...

since when was it 'dubbed' a 'none-premium' device? (so are you saying a Q10 is better than a Classic?)
    Read around the forums and you'll see that ppl didn't expect the Classic to be premium. To each his own but I'd pick the hard send/end buttons over no buttons any day. I'm not saying which ones better but the Q10 is premium as it was the first QWERTY flagship. The Classic isn't the Q10 successor.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 02:17 AM
    This actually looks better than the passport

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    09-11-14 02:55 AM
    Read around the forums and you'll see that ppl didn't expect the Classic to be premium. To each his own but I'd pick the hard send/end buttons over no buttons any day. I'm not saying which ones better but the Q10 is premium as it was the first QWERTY flagship. The Classic isn't the Q10 successor.

Posted via CB10
    So, we will expect a 'Q20' then? seeing as the Classic was a Q20, but renamed to 'Classic' right? lol confusing man!
    09-11-14 07:47 AM
    Affordable.. Lol. Get a q5. Until a further leak and definitive hands on.. I'm gonna reserve judgement and hope blackberry doesn't do everything mentioned here.. If so. I will probably jump ship to Apple as well my gf and so will a couple colleagues.. At least will still be able to use bbm lol for free lol lol lol.
    I hate when something doesn't cost 650 dollars. Buy whatever phone is best for you.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 08:08 AM
    I've been with Samsung/Android... for years... and i just miss the 'sleek look/design/security' of a Blackberry.... when the hell BlackBerry will return the 'BOLD' i do not know.... but this classic has got my eye since i first saw images of it!,

I currently have a Samsung S4.... but we all know the Specs of the S4 kill the Classic... but i'll be getting this classic along with a 128GB SDXC card, it's enough for me.

How i miss the Blackberry.... hopefully they will Release Z4 Z50 and return the Curve & Bold Series in the future.... they shouldn't forget what they are 'KNOWN/FAMOUS' for..... Bring back a new Bold Series? Something like a BlackBerry Bold 9900P <--- P for Plus with BB10.3 or 10.4 etc... 3GB of ram blah blah you get the idea..... they need to bring back the BOLD SERIES.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-11-14 08:34 AM
    id be happy if this was just the 9900 with update OS and a better battery. God i miss the 9900.
    09-11-14 09:35 AM
    id be happy if this was just the 9900 with update OS and a better battery. God i miss the 9900.
    Who knows... Hopefully 'Chen' Will listen to us... and bring back a modern 2015/16? BB Bold....
    idssteve and Mr4aces like this.
    09-11-14 09:48 AM
    Who knows... Hopefully 'Chen' Will listen to us... and bring back a modern 2015/16? BB Bold....
    Yup. It's called the classic

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    09-11-14 10:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nope, the Classic is just a Bold Wannabee !!!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-11-14 10:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nope it 's a Q20 or Q 15

A Classic would be a Bold 9900 mit updates specs
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-11-14 10:44 AM
    Nope it 's a Q20 or Q 15

A Classic would be a Bold 9900 mit updates specs
    Exactly.... i'll be getting this classic no doubt... i just hope it doesn't feel 'tacky/cheap' But how i do miss the Legendary BOLD lol.... all they have to do is either make a BOLD 9900+ ? or BOLD10000 ? loooool
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-11-14 11:04 AM
347 ... 7891011 ...