Let's hear it - describe situations where you would use your spare battery and I'll tell you how I'd handle it with a non-removable device.

Let's see just how many legitimate situations you'd be in where you'd be able to keep using your phone and I'd be out of luck because I don't have a spare with me.

#Q10 #Gold #LimitedEdition #CB10
    09-09-14 02:56 PM
    Let's hear it - describe situations where you would use your spare battery and I'll tell you how I'd handle it with a non-removable device.

Let's see just how many legitimate situations you'd be in where you'd be able to keep using your phone and I'd be out of luck because I don't have a spare with me.

Forget to charge my phone over the night, have to go to some meetings(ca. 3h) in the morning- swap the battery during breakfast..boom 100%

Posted via Q10Bold
    Mr4aces and VR6 like this.
    09-09-14 03:02 PM

Another one: been on a business trip with a car without charger and not as a driver. Dont have the chance to charge but have to take calls every 5min + emails + BBM. No way I can handle a batterypack and a Q10 on my ear all the time...you got it, after 5h the battery is low...swap batteries- boom 100%

Ohh the 2 stories happen all the time in my life!

Posted via Q10Bold
    Mr4aces, Mack Gans and VR6 like this.
    09-09-14 03:06 PM

3rd one- have to go out with friends. Its friday night- after a busy day my battery is 20%, what to do?! Take a powerbank to a bar??! Hehehe NO! Swap batteries - boom 100 %

Posted via Q10Bold
    Mr4aces, VR6 and AllanQuatermain like this.
    09-09-14 03:08 PM

Not sure exactly who the arbiter of what a "legitimate" situation is, exactly. However, perhaps I would like to be able to be assured that the phone is 100% powered down. A lot of people believe their phone is "off" when it's "off." It is not. A pulled battery and SIM will assure that.

Yeah, I'm probably just paranoid.
    09-09-14 03:18 PM

1. forgot to charge my phone - or even worse - my charger doesn't work --> swapable battery at 100 % problem. Non removable battery would mean no phone till I've bought the new one

2. Battery drains faster as it get's older (or even worse stops working) --> replace it with a new one. Non removable battery << find a retailer (which for me means drive 600 km) be without the phone for a few days, not an option.

3. camping

4. also making sure my phone off, in most cases if the phones shuts down it isn't really down so I prefer to remove the battery to make sure it's off
    Mr4aces, allwi and moyah8 like this.
    09-09-14 03:42 PM
    Dear Blackberry,

HAVE MERCY ON THIS MIDDLE AGED Q10 USER PLEASE!!!

I adore my Q10. Scratch that: I worship my Q10.
    But I have been anxiously waiting for the Classic because I really do miss the tool belt.
    Now I see pics of the Classic and... Oooooooooooh baby.
    I got jello knees, tingly boobs and the mother of all hot flashes just looking at it. I want it NOW.
    No removable battery? Who cares. If you make the battery life as good as on the Q10, I'll never need to swap batteries anyway.
    No HDMI? Who cares. I don't use it either.
    No glass weave? LOL. Being as fiercely protective of my Q10 as a she-wolf with her pups, I have it safely in a case, so I never look or touch the glass weave.
    Micro SD and SIM in punch trays? No problem: I'm a woman who wears wire earrings, and I have never, ever seen any piece of hardware resist the mighty wire clasp.

From what I see, the Classic has everything I want, nothing I don't. That bigger screen and tool belt are so freaking sexy I'm getting symptoms not fit to post on a public forum just looking at it.
    Just make the battery life a super ballsy monster. Make sure the OS is everything you say it will be.
    And no double typing issues (which I never had, btw so thank you) or I will hunt you down and use the Classic to stab your Passport.
    Because those hot flashes can quickly turn evil, ya know.
    09-09-14 08:58 PM
    Most these scenarios can be resolved by either having a charger with you or a power bank.

If you forgot to charge your phone overnight that is your problem. Solution - charge your phone in the morning while you get ready on airplane mode. Phone will be at 40-50% by the time you have to use it. Bring your charger to work.

Car phone charger.

Hopefully if you are out with friends you won't need your phone that much. Put it in your pocket and last the night on 20% battery. Or it dies and you go home later. Oh no!

Most these scenarios sound like battery anxiety rather than real issues.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 09:35 PM
    Exactly.
    Power banks + Charger will solve these situations, which happens rarely anyway.
    More practically, a non-removable batter helps to achieve unibody design which allows more capacity for the battery itself and better quality control of the phone's internal (no lose back, lose battery/bad battery connection etc.)And plus the device can be slimmer, lighter and thus be more portable.
    09-09-14 10:16 PM
    Most these scenarios can be resolved by either having a charger with you or a power bank.

If you forgot to charge your phone overnight that is your problem. Solution - charge your phone in the morning while you get ready on airplane mode. Phone will be at 40-50% by the time you have to use it. Bring your charger to work.

Car phone charger.

Hopefully if you are out with friends you won't need your phone that much. Put it in your pocket and last the night on 20% battery. Or it dies and you go home later. Oh no!

Most these scenarios sound like battery anxiety rather than real issues.

Posted via CB10
    Do you think I want to walk around, always being on the lookout for the outlet? Or having the cumbersome battery pack hanging off the device as I type an email?

I can charge my device to 100% in two minutes...because I can swap the battery out. No charger or battery pack can do that.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 11:58 PM
    Why all the bickering? It's pretty obvious that removable battery > fixed battery. -1 for the Classic in this regard but there are positives too

MINUS
    non-removable battery
    no charging pads for a dock
    no convenience buttons
    backing is not made of "premium materials"

PLUS
    charging port is on the bottom
    runs OS10
    biggest screen with highest resolution compared to BBOS phones
    biggest battery compared to BBOS phones

I call that a wash. Bring it on BBRY!!
    09-10-14 01:42 AM
    Why all the bickering? It's pretty obvious that removable battery > fixed battery. -1 for the Classic in this regard but there are positives too

MINUS
    non-removable battery
    no convenience buttons

PLUS
    runs OS10

You are right- but dont forget there is a Q10 with premium glasswave back, removable battery and hdmi port and also the biggest screen and battery compared to BBOS
    I like the USB Port on the side- thats why I can use my old 9900 charging dock for my Q10. It wont charge it, but after I plug the USB Cable everything is like in old days Even the Clock . Here is an old pic.

Posted via Q10Bold
    Attachment 296876
    09-10-14 01:52 AM
    No watermark pictures!

BlackBerry Classic leaked pic-1.jpg

BlackBerry Classic leaked pic-2.jpg

BlackBerry Classic leaked pic-71678a14jw1ek75yryro0j21kw11xdq1.jpg
    moyah8 likes this.
    09-10-14 02:00 AM
    Do you think I want to walk around, always being on the lookout for the outlet? Or having the cumbersome battery pack hanging off the device as I type an email?
    I can charge my device to 100% in two minutes...because I can swap the battery out. No charger or battery pack can do that.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly some people believe so. I fully agree with you here having that charger hanging over the phone looks gay. A removable battery is comfort for for me and not something I am willing to compromise on if others do more power to them.
    09-10-14 04:51 AM
    Sadly some people believe so. I fully agree with you here having that charger hanging over the phone looks gay. A removable battery is comfort for for me and not something I am willing to compromise on if others do more power to them.
    The whole point of the Classic was to appease

a) physical keyboard users
    b) corporate/government users
    c) diehard BlackBerry fans who want the keyboard/trackpad/removable battery experience

There's no point in trying to win on style points. Those user groups don't care about style, they want function.
    moyah8 likes this.
    09-10-14 07:11 AM
    Can't actually respect or listen to anything you say anymore after this comment.

I guess other people will have to start looking into other solutions because BlackBerry is moving away from removable battery's on their upcoming phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 07:31 AM
    I think the reason BlackBerry is going with non - removable battery is because of the cost and the fact that more people these days are buying external battery packs to charge their devices on the go.

Let's not be too quick to judge guys. Lay down the pitchforks.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 07:32 AM
    Hey guys!, had to sign up to post about this...

I've been a LONG TIME Android user... but ever since i saw this BB Classic, i knew i had to return to the world of BB... i last had a BOLD many years ago, but i am a little disappointed of the 'None-Removable' Battery... what on earth are they doing???

Still i will get this classic... it's about god damn time they bring back the 'Belt style' ... !!!!!

- Lith
    09-10-14 07:59 AM
    ...having that charger hanging over the phone looks gay.
    No I don't think this looks hip or cool or will be the latest craze... or should that be a derogatory comment!?
    09-10-14 08:04 AM
    No I don't think this looks hip or cool or will be the latest craze... or should that be a derogatory comment!?
    It's a normal term if you don't like the look of something nor think it
    it's convenient. Also if you do it in a hurry it can lead to broken charging contact

These charger packs are usually used for stuff like notebooks (cause the spare batteries are huge and expensive) , mp3 players so I don't know who decided that smartphones should be the same way..

Hey guys!, had to sign up to post about this...

I've been a LONG TIME Android user... but ever since i saw this BB Classic, i knew i had to return to the world of BB... i last had a BOLD many years ago, but i am a little disappointed of the 'None-Removable' Battery... what on earth are they doing???

Still i will get this classic... it's about god damn time they bring back the 'Belt style' ... !!!!!

- Lith
    Just like Sony every 6 months a new device and no removable battery
    09-10-14 09:14 AM
    You are right- but dont forget there is a Q10 with premium glasswave back, removable battery and hdmi port and also the biggest screen and battery compared to BBOS
    I like the USB Port on the side- thats why I can use my old 9900 charging dock for my Q10. It wont charge it, but after I plug the USB Cable everything is like in old days Even the Clock . Here is an old pic.

Posted via Q10Bold
    Attachment 296876
    I was just comparing the Classic to BBOS features so HDMI isn't relevant. Some people will not upgrade to Q10 because of the missing toolbelt so the Q10 isn't being considered. Basically Classic vs 9900.

BTW, attachment isn't working for me.
    09-10-14 09:15 AM

MINUS
    non-removable battery
    no convenience buttons

PLUS
    runs OS10

That's hardly a wash.

All we wanted was a q10 with a belt and slightly bigger screen... Instead blackberry go and create a shame of a device in the classic removing the good points of the q10 and making a poorly though classic. Madness.. What is sooooo frustratingly difficult in just putting on the belt onto a q10 vs removing hdmi, vs removing the removable battery vs. just making the screen slightly bigger vs. using the same nice materials... Man alive... I'm seriously thinking of giving up on blackberry and going blackberry... If the classic is anything less then premium feeling, functions well ... I'm done.
    allwi, Mr4aces and spork141 like this.
    09-10-14 09:44 AM
    That's hardly a wash.

All we wanted was a q10 with a belt and slightly bigger screen... Instead blackberry go and create a shame of a device in the classic removing the good points of the q10 and making a poorly though classic. Madness.. What is sooooo frustratingly difficult in just putting on the belt onto a q10 vs removing hdmi, vs removing the removable battery vs. just making the screen slightly bigger vs. using the same nice materials... Man alive... I'm seriously thinking of giving up on blackberry and going blackberry... If the classic is anything less then premium feeling, functions well ... I'm done.
    I don't think that was the intent of the Classic. The Q10 was the QWERTY flagship until Passport comes out. Classic is a different product line, not a Q10 successor so it's not a premium device. It needs to be lower cost to make it appealing for businesses to upgrade to when buying thousands of units.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 10:13 AM
    I don't think that was the intent of the Classic. The Q10 was the QWERTY flagship until Passport comes out. Classic is a different product line, not a Q10 successor so it's not a premium device. It needs to be lower cost to make it appealing for businesses to upgrade to when buying thousands of units.

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure? i was under the impression... the 'CLASSIC' is a premium device.... hence 2GB of ram, the 'term' classic and trackpad, etc...

since when was it 'dubbed' a 'none-premium' device? (so are you saying a Q10 is better than a Classic?)
    09-10-14 11:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    From my understanding the classic should have been the Bold 9900 successor, since the Q10 flopped. The passport is a smart pad which is a different category. Bold is a premium phone so I expected the classic to become one too maybe that was a mistake...

But why did BB name it classic then? It looks like a q10 without a removable battery and a slapped on toolbelt
    Mr4aces and AllanQuatermain like this.
    09-10-14 11:13 AM
347 ... 678910 ...