What's wrong with the back? It looks z10 or playbookish . Much better than that hard plasticky feeling stuff on the Q10.
    09-08-14 05:31 PM
    Lol

Quick question...is the classic a perfect square. Can't tell from the pics.
    Yes. The display is still 1:1 like the Q10. It is larger though.
    09-08-14 05:35 PM
    What's wrong with the back? It looks z10 or playbookish . Much better than that hard plasticky feeling stuff on the Q10.
    Yes, cheap plastic is so much better than a material that's probably stronger or as strong as steel of the same weight...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Carrtman likes this.
    09-08-14 09:45 PM
    Wow, the Classic is so much better looking than I realized. This is the phone I want. I wish the specs were better. Just beautiful. Weird camera bar, however.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 10:12 PM
    Would've been nice if they made the back like the glass-weave soft touch as the Q10 and Z30 - but understandably they want to differentiate the progression from an older to a newer device.

That being said, would've been just as sweet if they used the same soft hard-rubber material from the Bold 9900 or the PlayBook - that would've been classy.

The Z10 rubber - is alright but doesn't hold a flame to the Q10 or Z30 feel.

But who knows, if the Classic is thinner than the bold and Q, it might feel quite nice in the hand.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    09-08-14 10:34 PM
    IMO RIMs decision making minimal features on the Classic will be a great business strategy. Less specs, non removable batt & shortcut keys. All these are factors in production cost. By making the phone cheap they're making it would be suitable for mass corporate service phones. BlackBerry is trying to move those stubborn legacy users to use BB10. And yes this also good way to entice non BB10 users to try the OS.

Lets give BlackBerry credit for addressing important concerns. 1st was the android port apps (some are good & some are not) & now toolbelt & larger display. As a former Bold user I miss a lot of nifty stuff from the my legacy phone. Too bad it doesn't run on BB10.

Z10 ME Dubai
    UrbanGlowCam and spork141 like this.
    09-09-14 12:33 AM
    Looks a beauty, I'm really liking this...

Still wish screen was portrait to make the best use but I like it.

And the rear of it is simple and not unlike rear of the Z10, i.e. easy to grip.

Posted via Z10, UK based (Good luck Bla1ze as EiC!)
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    09-09-14 12:42 AM
    Would've been nice if they made the back like the glass-weave soft touch as the Q10 and Z30 - but understandably they want to differentiate the progression from an older to a newer device.

That being said, would've been just as sweet if they used the same soft hard-rubber material from the Bold 9900 or the PlayBook - that would've been classy.

The Z10 rubber - is alright but doesn't hold a flame to the Q10 or Z30 feel.

But who knows, if the Classic is thinner than the bold and Q, it might feel quite nice in the hand.
    100% agree on everything you said.
    09-09-14 12:58 AM
    Q10 back is not hard or plasticy. Looks like you've never held one but I have no issue with the back of it if it's like the black Z10 material. Still very grippy.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 03:57 AM
    Q10 back is not hard or plasticy. Looks like you've never held one but I have no issue with the back of it if it's like the black Z10 material. Still very grippy.

Posted via CB10
    I've messed around with it in shops. I seem to remember it feeling hard like the back of one of the low end Samsung devices. It certainly LOOKS like the back of one of the low end Samsung devices!

http://www.google.com/search?q=samsu...CAYQ_AUoAQ#i=2
    09-09-14 05:01 AM
    It was mentioned before, but this seems to be good confirmation that the sim tray is located on the outside now. I believe that is an SD card slot below too.

Attachment 296154

One more picture uploaded on Weibo too. Now I'm trying to see if the display is an IPS or AMOLED. I'm starting to think IPS since I don't see a lot of blue hue, especially in the picture next to the Q10.

Attachment 296153
    I am so upset by the card slots on the side. That means the battery is non-removable, which defeats the purpose of calling it the "Classic".

Classic users want 3 things:
    -Physical keyboard
    -Trackpad
    -Removable battery

Is that too much to ask for?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 05:55 AM
    I've messed around with it in shops. I seem to remember it feeling hard like the back of one of the low end Samsung devices. It certainly LOOKS like the back of one of the low end Samsung devices!

http://www.google.com/search?q=samsu...CAYQ_AUoAQ#i=2
    Lol!!!
    Glasswave is something complete different.

Posted via Q10Bold
    09-09-14 06:25 AM
    Lol!!!
    Glasswave is something complete different.

Posted via Q10Bold
    Never said it wasn't. But, to me, it looks a bit like those dimpled plastic back ends
    09-09-14 07:23 AM
    Never said it wasn't. But, to me, it looks a bit like those dimpled plastic back ends
    goes to show that you've never touched a Z30 or Q10

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:38 AM
    So many years and they still haven't figured out the plasticky toolbelt.. looks so cheap.

pin:2B7CAF06
    If you took a 9900 apart you will see why it is plastic. Although the track belt is separate, when replacing the key board it can be ordered with a new track belt that is attached. They also need the thinner plastic.
    09-09-14 09:20 AM
    I disagree.

Assuming that a charging dock will be available for the Classic, constant plugging and unplugging from the dock via the USB Port is likely to produce high wear of the port, something that Charging Contacts would completely alleviate.

Nothing is simpler than dropping the Bold into and picking it up out of its charging dock and there is nothing to wear and or break.

Imagine what damage could be caused to the phone if it was accidentally knocked off your desk whist physically connected to a charging dock via the USB Port.

As for wireless charging, great if it is available on the Classic, but unlikely IMO as it seems that not even all models of the Passport will have it and the Passport is supposed to be the highest spec BB10 device to date.
    Hello Legal,
    I agree with you, but looks like we are just plain stuck with this design. They "just don't get it", but if the Q20/Classic is built like the 9900 it will be easy to change that port out especially since it is on the bottom. Should take 10-15 minutes.
    09-09-14 09:38 AM
    For those complaining about non-removable battery.

https://www.google.com/search?q=port...el=sb&tbm=shop

External Battery Charger Bank. Cheap, small, portable, can be used for almost any device.
    09-09-14 09:49 AM
    Hello Legal,
    I agree with you, but looks like we are just plain stuck with this design. They "just don't get it", but if the Q20/Classic is built like the 9900 it will be easy to change that port out especially since it is on the bottom. Should take 10-15 minutes.
    Appreciate what you are saying, and whilst a swap out may be relatively easy it's still something that we shouldn't have to worry about.

You are so right when you say that they just don't get it.

Tool Belt apart, the so called "Classic" seemingly has little in common with the Bold that we know and love.

I was hoping for so much more in common with the 9900 than the "look" to give me the incentive to upgrade.

If I do, it will only be because the interface between BIS and my email service seems to be slowly collapsing and emails that used to arrive via BIS quicker than on my Lap Top now are taking anything up to an hour to arrive on my phone which is no good for my business.

I am kind of leaning towards the Passport on the basis that If I have to learn something new it would be better to do so without the form factor of the 9900/Classic as I can see myself automatically trying to perform tasks on the Classic in the same way I have done on the Bold for the past 3 years through force of habit and getting frustrated whereas with the Passport I would have to consciously think about what I was doing.

Time will tell !!!
    09-09-14 10:40 AM
    For those complaining about non-removable battery.

https://www.google.com/search?q=port...el=sb&tbm=shop
    External Battery Charger Bank. Cheap, small, portable, can be used for almost any device.
    There are many threads discussing this feature: non removable battery is not acceptable and I don't want to repeat it again.
    in short: there is more to a battery than just the hours it lasts without charging
    Mack Gans likes this.
    09-09-14 11:40 AM
    There are many threads discussing this feature: non removable battery is not acceptable and I don't want to repeat it again.
    in short: there is more to a battery than just the hours it lasts without charging
    Please enlighten me. Why do you want to remove your battery so badly? For when it finally can't hold a charge anymore?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 11:44 AM
    Please enlighten me. Why do you want to remove your battery so badly? For when it finally can't hold a charge anymore?

Posted via CB10
    Batteries are getting worse over time plus if something is wrong with the battery I can easily fix it by myself. I also like to carry 1 or 2 extra batteries with me
    09-09-14 12:03 PM
    Hi,

IMO. For phone accidently damage charging/sync port with no other alternative way to power the device is a nightmare. make the device useless unless you have it service. If youre luck not have your files encrypted goodluck intrusting your files to the technicians.

Charging with portable charger out in the public or while being use is something I dont want to be bothered /hasseled. again high risk of damaging your port.

Phones almost/same priced like laptops. Can you imagine that thing not to holding charge. Sure it will work for a while depends how you abuse your battery.

The main advantage of having removable battery is having 100% batt life just by swapping. Booyah!

Pwrd by Z10 Dubai
    09-09-14 12:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Because some people, a very small minority, need to have that feeling of security in knowing that they always have an extra battery on them in the event the battery dies.

When those events would be - well for starters, when I first got my battery bundle for the Q10, my usage pattern would be, I'd use the phone until the battery died and I'd have the spare ready - keep in mind I'd always be charging a spare.

Sometimes I'd have to swap in the middle of the day, sometimes at night.

When I started to use the phone like 99% of the world - as in I'd charge the phone while I was in bed - I carried the bundle around but never needed it.

Basically - your own behavior can pretty much dictate whether you need a spare battery on you, with the evidence suggesting that if you wake up in the morning with the phone fully charged - some phones (iPhones, Z10, etc) will not last you till bed time, while other phones will. Thus - there's no actual NEED for a removable battery if it lasts you 24 hours other than to satisfy your own need to be able to swap it - thus why BlackBerry moves in the direction that it is. The older bbos phones have poor battery life and I actually do need to swap out my battery on my bold, but the Q10? No need to.

If you're using a phone that will last you from the morning till night - a removable battery is not needed, and that's the trend phone manufactures seem to be heading with bigger batteries and more efficient systems.

The removable battery whiners are too small a segment for them to cater to - ie. whether they make phones with or without removable batteries has no impact on their sales.

The sweet assurance of knowing that I can use my Q10 or Z30 throughout the day without worrying about it dying on me due to battery life is a great feeling - you guys should try it, it's wonderful.

#Q10 #Gold #LimitedEdition #CB10
    Mack Gans and spork141 like this.
    09-09-14 02:12 PM
    Because some people, a very small minority, need to have that feeling of security in knowing that they always have an extra battery on them in the event the battery dies.

When those events would be - well for starters, when I first got my battery bundle for the Q10, my usage pattern would be, I'd use the phone until the battery died and I'd have the spare ready - keep in mind I'd always be charging a spare.

Sometimes I'd have to swap in the middle of the day, sometimes at night.

When I started to use the phone like 99% of the world - as in I'd charge the phone while I was in bed - I carried the bundle around but never needed it.

Basically - your own behavior can pretty much dictate whether you need a spare battery on you, with the evidence suggesting that if you wake up in the morning with the phone fully charged - some phones (iPhones, Z10, etc) will not last you till bed time, while other phones will. Thus - there's no actual NEED for a removable battery if it lasts you 24 hours other than to satisfy your own need to be able to swap it - thus why BlackBerry moves in the direction that it is. The older bbos phones have poor battery life and I actually do need to swap out my battery on my bold, but the Q10? No need to.

If you're using a phone that will last you from the morning till night - a removable battery is not needed, and that's the trend phone manufactures seem to be heading with bigger batteries and more efficient systems.

The removable battery whiners are too small a segment for them to cater to - ie. whether they make phones with or without removable batteries has no impact on their sales.

The sweet assurance of knowing that I can use my Q10 or Z30 throughout the day without worrying about it dying on me due to battery life is a great feeling - you guys should try it, it's wonderful.

#Q10 #Gold #LimitedEdition #CB10
    Small minority... Lol. And that's lg just started a compaign of included a 2nd battery included as a marketing strategy.
    09-09-14 02:26 PM
    Small minority... Lol. And that's lg just started a compaign of included a 2nd battery included as a marketing strategy.
    It actually outsold the Galaxy S 5. Sony for all their great looking devices could learn a lesson or two from LG but sadly some don't (want to) understand the importance of a removable battery. My personal stance is if a phone or Laptop - which is way worse - doesn't offer it I'm not interested.
    09-09-14 02:52 PM
347 ... 56789 ...