What is the big deal about making the phone super thin? My Q10 isn't too "thick" and I'm not needing to slide my phone under doors any time soon... And about the back, didn't Chen SPECIFICALLY say that this phone will be made out of premium materials??

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    09-07-14 10:12 AM
    So it is a Q10 with a belt of buttons ?

Posted via CB10
    Without HDMI out.
    With non-removable battery.
    09-07-14 10:21 AM
    don't need hdmi out when you have miracast.

the phone is for the business people only
    09-07-14 10:40 AM

Hdmi out is good when in a hotel and you want to stream from hotel wifi to your hotel tv!
    09-07-14 10:48 AM
    What is the big deal about making the phone super thin? My Q10 isn't too "thick" and I'm not needing to slide my phone under doors any time soon... And about the back, didn't Chen SPECIFICALLY say that this phone will be made out of premium materials??

Yes he did.
    The Classic looks cheap and imo feals cheap(back of the Z10, and the frets). If the frets are like the 9900 ones, then after 6months they gonna start to peel of. Under the fake chrome there is a beautiful cheap black plastic! Thats premium in 2014.
    I am a die hard QWERTY user, but after seeing the back of the Classic + non-removable battery I think to stay with my Q10 +maybe Passport as a tablet.

Posted via CB10
    allwi likes this.
    09-07-14 10:53 AM
    Speaking about the back of the Classic, that elongated glass for the camera and the LED flash seems prone to scratches, especially judging from the photo it looks like a bit protrude from the rest of the Classic's back.
    Not exactly. It's the opposite to me. The battery door looks to protrude out further than the glass piece for the camera.

It is interesting that they changed this from the older version Chen revealed months ago. I'm not sure I like this material as much as what is use on the Q10, but it's not ugly. It's closer to the Z3 and Z10.

I find it interesting that they were using a very similar backing to the unreleased Kopi.

BlackBerry Classic leaked pic-blackberry-kopi.jpg
    09-07-14 11:20 AM

I've used HDMI out numerous times. I've used miracast a total of *counts fingers* ZERO times. I guess that's what happens when not all of us are rich enough to have a new smart tv with miracast...

09-07-14 11:46 AM
    I have always troughly loved the look at the Classic and have since sold 3 Q10 in saving up for this purchase as soon as it comes out. BUT, if i am honest, I have seen it compared now to the Q10 and .... i am not so sure any-more if it will be the phone for me!

It is a very sexy phone, dont get me wrong... just seems to big for my needs (especially in comparison to the Q10 - which I would be changing it from)

And I am not happy with the fact that the button looks like it is falling off. This is how my very first Q10 spacebar looked and i had to take it back to the store. I feel hurt. :-(

aaBlackBerry Classic leaked pic-what-.jpg
    09-07-14 01:04 PM
    Hdmi out is good when in a hotel and you want to stream from hotel wifi to your hotel tv!
    Playbook still works for that but... Has anyone heard if Q20 will have Slim Port???
    09-07-14 01:37 PM
    I think it's a good device that will serve its purpose, although I pictured it as a premium device.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 02:38 PM
    Playbook still works for that but... Has anyone heard if Q20 will have Slim Port???
    Yes I'm hearing it'll have slim port

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    09-07-14 02:43 PM
    Without HDMI out.
    With non-removable battery.
    Not positive, but the Classic MIGHT just have the same SlimPort that the Passport is getting. HDMI-out with a dongle.
    09-07-14 04:20 PM
    I have always troughly loved the look at the Classic and have since sold 3 Q10 in saving up for this purchase as soon as it comes out. BUT, if i am honest, I have seen it compared now to the Q10 and .... i am not so sure any-more if it will be the phone for me!

It is a very sexy phone, dont get me wrong... just seems to big for my needs (especially in comparison to the Q10 - which I would be changing it from)

And I am not happy with the fact that the button looks like it is falling off. This is how my very first Q10 spacebar looked and i had to take it back to the store. I feel hurt. :-(

aaClick image for larger version. 

Name:	What that.jpg 
Views:	1780 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	296359
    Has it occurred to you that this might be an early production unit and that this may not be the final build?
    09-07-14 04:21 PM
    I think this back looks fantastic. Totally cool.
    09-07-14 05:48 PM
    Not positive, but the Classic MIGHT just have the same SlimPort that the Passport is getting. HDMI-out with a dongle.
    This would make sense. I hope that's the case. They went out of their way to move the USB to the bottom (from the Q10 layout) just like the Passport so I hope they pulled off the same on both.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 06:09 PM
    The glass part on the back may be do wide as it may say "classic" on it
    09-07-14 06:45 PM
    Not exactly. It's the opposite to me. The battery door looks to protrude out further than the glass piece for the camera.

It is interesting that they changed this from the older version Chen revealed months ago. I'm not sure I like this material as much as what is use on the Q10, but it's not ugly. It's closer to the Z3 and Z10.

I find it interesting that they were using a very similar backing to the unreleased Kopi.
    I later noticed that too, in OP's latest photo of the Classic's back, it seems the elongated glass is more dented than the back. Maybe it's just the angle of the camera that's been playing tricks to my eyes.

Is it different than the one Chen was showing off before?

Ah, Kopi. Why is it the ones that aren't released, make us want them more...

The glass part on the back may be do wide as it may say "classic" on it
    I think it's weird to put the "Classic" name on the back.
    09-07-14 09:52 PM
    I later noticed that too, in OP's latest photo of the Classic's back, it seems the elongated glass is more dented than the back. Maybe it's just the angle of the camera that's been playing tricks to my eyes.

Is it different than the one Chen was showing off before?
    It definitely is. the glass area was nearly identical to the Q10 before...shorter, and to one side. I'm wondering if they actually upgraded the lense.

The trackpad has the ring on it now, whereas on the last revision Chen had, it was just all black without the ring. It looked "naked".

I have a feeling the internals were updated from the last one to have more of the Z30 specs. The benchmark figures we saw leaked online might have just been that same old one. I noticed it said it was a Verizon Classic with "Revision 7". Not sure what the new one were seeing leaked here.

There's a chance there will be even further changes before production.

Posted via CB10
    allwi likes this.
    09-07-14 09:59 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	What that.jpg 
Views:	1780 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	296359
    Those punch-in trays (for nanoSIM & microSD?) instantly remind me of the iPhone, if just BlackBerry could come up with different design that's less 'Apple-y' and trademarked it aesthetically as BlackBerry's phones.
    09-07-14 10:02 PM
    It definitely is. the glass area was nearly identical to the Q10 before...shorter, and to one side. I'm wondering if they actually upgraded the lense.

The trackpad has the ring on it now, whereas on the last revision Chen had, it was just all black without the ring. It looked "naked".

I have a feeling the internals were updated from the last one to have more of the Z30 specs. The benchmark figures we saw leaked online might have just been that same old one. I noticed it said it was a Verizon Classic with "Revision 7". Not sure what the new one were seeing leaked here.

There's a chance there will be even further changes before production.
    Good observations. It seems they all are, like Thunderbuck has said up there, prototypes and not the final build.
    09-07-14 10:11 PM
    I get it with the SIM Card, but what if I wanna change my card on the go? Without having the special tool allways with me?
    Example: put the card in my(or someone else) car audio

Posted via Q10Bold
    09-07-14 11:28 PM
    I get it with the SIM Card, but what if I wanna change my card on the go? Without having the special tool allways with me?
    Example: put the card in my(or someone else) car audio
    The nanoSIM card in the car audio?
    09-08-14 12:48 AM
    Has it occurred to you that this might be an early production unit and that this may not be the final build?
    No it has not.

I do hope that it is.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 12:55 AM
    Those punch-in trays (for nanoSIM & microSD?) instantly remind me of the iPhone, if just BlackBerry could come up with different design that's less 'Apple-y' and trademarked it aesthetically as BlackBerry's phones.
    I agree.. and what's with the Nano Sim!!

Posted via CB10
    Joe Clean likes this.
    09-08-14 12:58 AM
    And easier to produce, and it means the replacement battery doesn't have to be stocked as a retail product, and so it's less complicated logistically.
    Yep - that's right. But as a customer I don't care about this. It's also means quality. As soon as the battery dies, you phone is dead (and you can't have a battery as a backup).

A removable battery would likely add $50 to the retail price and maybe 2mm to the thickness. And maybe 10g weight.
    So what? I believe everybody who want to buy a classic - which unfortunately won't be cheap - is willing to pay $50 more. And 2mm + 10g doesn't make that difference.

Or did I miss the irony ???
    Carrtman likes this.
    09-08-14 01:20 AM
347 ... 34567 ...