is the display TFT or again amoled like the BB q10?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I'm hoping for OLED! And the dark hub option in 10.3.1 is giving me hope.

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    09-07-14 02:30 AM
    I was IN LOVE With the classic until I saw on a bbm channel these same pictures and they said it's RUMORED to have a non removable battery. I can't get with the non removable batteries on phones so I'm hoping that's not true

Posted via CB10
    allwi likes this.
    09-07-14 03:07 AM
    BlackBerry Classic leaked pic-classic_leak_left.jpg
    BlackBerry Classic leaked pic-classic_leak_speakers.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 03:11 AM
    Stereo for sure.
    But why non-removable battery :/

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 03:14 AM
    Stereo for sure.
    But why non-removable battery :/

Posted via CB10
    Non removable battery is the future for smartphone

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 03:41 AM
    Non removable battery is the future for smartphone

Posted via CB10
    The note 4 has removable battery...

Sent from my White Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-07-14 03:48 AM
    The note 4 has removable battery...

Sent from my White Q10 using Tapatalk
    BlackBerry do as iphone with non removable battery but for real that's not good, note 4 haven't removable battery but that's sure we'll see an other Samsung with non removable battery

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 03:54 AM
    BlackBerry Classic leaked pic-009.jpg
    stardomains and Q10Bold like this.
    09-07-14 04:23 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.jpg 
Views:	3438 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	296286
    Uh that back looks cheap...

Q10Bold likes this.
    09-07-14 04:34 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.jpg 
Views:	3438 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	296286
    Nooooo. Why no glasswave?
    Whats the glass for?!

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 04:53 AM
    The track pad looks very Small beside the one of the 9900!

A non removable battery would be like taking a shotgun and shooting your own knee: why would someone do this?

Non-removable battery allows for a slimmer and lighter device. And easier to produce, and it means the replacement battery doesn't have to be stocked as a retail product, and so it's less complicated logistically. A removable battery would likely add $50 to the retail price and maybe 2mm to the thickness. And maybe 10g weight.
    ptpete and Jtaylor1986 like this.
    09-07-14 05:32 AM
    I meant SD. Could have been was hot swappable, but I never saw that advertised (didn't look for it, just didn't see the feature pushed) and never got it to work myself.

Very cool if it's been hot swappable for a while. I recall in the 8830 the SD in fact was below the battery.
    Have successfully hot-swapped the SD on all BB10 phones I've handled. Not a problem.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-07-14 05:34 AM
    Nooooo. Why no glasswave?
    Whats the glass for?!

Posted via CB10
    Not a "premium" device. Does not get premium features.

Not impossible that there are additional sensors behind that glass strip, though it might be strictly decorative.
    09-07-14 05:35 AM
    I want it!
    09-07-14 05:46 AM
    Shame the back isn't premium but I guess it would put the cost up and not a primary reason for a company to buy a fleet of them.

A limited edition for consumers/executives with a leather back would be nice though even if it cost a bit more. Of course if the back was removable you could just produce a limited edition back cover and sell it separately... oh well.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 05:58 AM
    Shame the back isn't premium but I guess it would put the cost up and not a primary reason for a company to buy a fleet of them.

A limited edition for consumers/executives with a leather back would be nice though even if it cost a bit more. Of course if the back was removable you could just produce a limited edition back cover and sell it separately... oh well.

Posted via CB10
    Usually when BB launch a product they do have some limited edition phones with slightly different ascetic features, such as colour, etc
    09-07-14 06:19 AM
    Supa nice

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 06:38 AM
    Non-removable battery allows for a slimmer and lighter device. And easier to produce, and it means the replacement battery doesn't have to be stocked as a retail product, and so it's less complicated logistically. A removable battery would likely add $50 to the retail price and maybe 2mm to the thickness. And maybe 10g weight.
    This guy is spot on. I know we would have all liked a removable battery but for whatever reason it didn't pan out. I assume it's because it would have added a more cost than blackberry planned so they had to ditch it. Sucks but it's a reality. Also don't compare blackberry to Samsung. Samsung can afford it and note costumers aren't complaining about price.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-07-14 07:36 AM
    It looks nice. Better than the old ones
    09-07-14 08:11 AM
    I got goosebumps seeing this photo, it looks like the person holding the Classic is about to drop it or throw it out of the window..

Finally, two speakers and located not on the back of the device.

Speaking about the back of the Classic, that elongated glass for the camera and the LED flash seems prone to scratches, especially judging from the photo it looks like a bit protrude from the rest of the Classic's back.
    so crow likes this.
    09-07-14 08:48 AM
    I dont like the cheap looking frets(hope they are better then the 9900 ones.)
    The back looks super cheap :/
    That cant be true :/
    Its not a Q10 succesor. The Q10 is premium like Bold, the Classic is more like Curve.
    I dont care so much about specs- the Q10 specs are OK.
    They should add a toolbelt to the Q10. But they did a bad job with the Classic :/

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 09:03 AM
    no charging contacts
    no convenience keys
    no battery removal.

i guess the only classic thing about the Q20 is the toolbelt.

hope the next gen classic would have one of those and please make a smaller version.

more power to you blackberry.
    Hugely disappointed that no convenience keys were incorporated but even more so that the battery isn't removable! Idiots still don't get and learn from the past on how to move forward. Lucky for them, newbies don't have a clue how good we had it and people how did are forgetting what a true business efficient device worked like.
    09-07-14 09:32 AM
    I have never heard a compliant that the q10 was too thick.. This obsession with ultra thin makes no sense.. It actually gets too thin to hold to your ear and too thin makes the phone fragile.. The current thin size of the q10 is perfect. So once again losing a very useful feature like a removable battery makes ZERO sense... A non issue cosmetic enhancement that won't sell a single phone. A bold classic buyer could care less about 2mm... And 50... Doubt it would add 10% to the cost.. Even then.. I doubt that was impediment as I'm sure it will still be a premium price..

BlackBerry Classic leaked pic-tiny-smartphone.jpg

As for the back material. Even though I go naked sooooooooo few people do that who cares.. It gets covered anyway. It makes me laugh when people talk about how nice apple metal is then go and put on cheap plastic and horrible looking covers..

BlackBerry Classic leaked pic-original_ice-2.cream.sandwich.iphone.case.jpg

BlackBerry Classic leaked pic-5-iphone-cases-apocalypse-b3274e9f08.jpg
    Last edited by diehardbbuser; 09-07-14 at 09:57 AM.
    DarkJoker33 and lactose like this.
    09-07-14 09:41 AM
    A bit too long but still sexy

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Z30
    Have you held one in your hands and tried it? Just curious.
    09-07-14 09:43 AM
    I think the passport is the successor to the Q10, as the q10 fail to sale well enough to continue as is. The Classic purpose is two folded:
    1. get people off of BBOS devices
    2. provide a device that provide keyboard experience that is cheap, but not entry level cheap
    09-07-14 09:57 AM
347 ... 23456 ...