I recently bought my first blackberry, a classic. During my set up I made a typo in my email address for my ID. I easily could change that but my problem is I didn't write down and forgot my password! In order to change my typo I need to have my password and the information, to reset password is sent to the email address that was a typo. I have a quandary and need help!
    07-15-15 04:16 PM
    Let me see if I got this right... You email is "blabla@bla.com". Creating the BBID you typed "balbla@bla.com" (which does not exist/is owened by somebody else). Am I following you there?

If this is so, there is nothing you can do. Wipe the device (Settings > Security > Security wipe) and when you get to the setup and is asked for the BBID, create one with the proper email.

UNLESS... IF you have Protect on and you are on 10.3.2. The you have a real issue at hard. DO NOT WIPE if this is the case. The device will ask for the previous BBID after the wipe.

If you can turn Protect off for the while, it might be best to do so.

Give @BlackBerry help on Twitter a shout for help. It will take a few DirectMessages
    07-16-15 11:26 AM
    Let me see if I got this right... You email is "blabla@bla.com". Creating the BBID you typed "balbla@bla.com" (which does not exist/is owened by somebody else). Am I following you there?

If this is so, there is nothing you can do. Wipe the device (Settings > Security > Security wipe) and when you get to the setup and is asked for the BBID, create one with the proper email.

UNLESS... IF you have Protect on and you are on 10.3.2. The you have a real issue at hard. DO NOT WIPE if this is the case. The device will ask for the previous BBID after the wipe.

If you can turn Protect off for the while, it might be best to do so.

Give @BlackBerry help on Twitter a shout for help. It will take a few DirectMessages
    Gonna need the current bbid pw to turn off bb protect.
    07-16-15 11:49 AM
    Gonna need the current bbid pw to turn off bb protect.
    How much trouble can a simple typo cause? HECK LOADs that's how much...

OP: Double check if you can acquire the typo email. Who knows, then you can send yourself the recovery link...
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    07-16-15 11:51 AM