I am interested in buying the Classic and setting it up on Verizon in the United States. Not here for opinions as to why I should not do so, so please spare me haha. Is it possible to still buy this phone and is it possible to get it up and running on Verizon in the US with no problems? If so, could someone please point me to where to buy the correct phone and how to get it set up properly with Verizon? Is there anything it won’t be able to do now or in the near future such as call, text and email? Not interested in apps. Thank you!
    11-19-19 08:15 PM
    I just saw a thread on this, but can't find it. If I recall correctly, poster said he needed to activate a SIM on a Verizon Samsung and then put that SIM in his Classic or Passport (I don't remember). There may have been something else to do as well.
    11-19-19 11:20 PM
    I am interested in buying the Classic and setting it up on Verizon in the United States. Not here for opinions as to why I should not do so, so please spare me haha. Is it possible to still buy this phone and is it possible to get it up and running on Verizon in the US with no problems? If so, could someone please point me to where to buy the correct phone and how to get it set up properly with Verizon? Is there anything it won’t be able to do now or in the near future such as call, text and email? Not interested in apps. Thank you!
    Verizon can be hit or miss on whether they will activate a CDMA device in their network.
    11-20-19 12:56 AM
    Basically you need active CDMA device compatible SIM to put into a VZW compatible BB Classic so two distinct variables. If you’re an existing VZW customer with existing CDMA SIM in a CDMA phone you just need to switch it over to VZW Classic after notifying VZW support. That’s easy part of the equation. Finding the right VZW Classic is tricky if you have to buy one from Amazon or eBay and seller isn’t truthful. Due to pending 12/31/2019 EOL published, sellers have been doing everything possible to dump BB10 hardware with some being less than honest about which model is being offered for sale.
    11-20-19 12:36 PM
    I see. Thanks for the honest feedback, this is very helpful.
    11-20-19 04:43 PM
    I'm using a Classic on Verizon. I started with a Q10 and then in 2018 I asked them to transfer my service to the Classic, which meant getting a new SIM card too. They were NOT happy about doing this, since they had already started the process of updating to a non-CDMA network. I spent an hour arguing with them in person, since the Classic innards are virtually identical to the Q10 and I wasn't making any changes to my plan. They finally relented. This was about 15 months ago.

BUT, they have now already stopped all support for the Q10 and after Dec. they will drop support for the Classic and any other BlackBerry OS and BB10 devices as well.

If you already own and want to use your Classic, I would recommend getting Verizon to activate a Keyone or Keytwo LE (the only BlackBerry devices with a pkb on their whitelist). Then use your Classic in wi-fi mode only to access the internet, email, games, etc.

I know it's disappointing, and the Classic is still a great device. But you won't get Verizon to activate it at this point, sorry to say.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    11-24-19 09:06 PM
    I'm not sure about other posters here, but my experience, while abhorrently expensive, has been seamless. I have/had used a Z10, Z30, Classic, and Priv, all on Verizon, and was able to swap out the SIM card with no issue.

I think I still have my VZW Classic in a drawer. PM me if you want more details.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-19 08:21 PM
    Because I went to the Classic from a Q10, I *had* to get a new SIM card because the Classic takes a smaller size card than the Q10 does. Otherwise I would have swapped the card between phones without ever telling them. They reeeeally didn't want to provision a new card for me without having a reason to also change my plan (to something more expensive, no doubt). I'm grateful they relented.

I'm not sure about other posters here, but my experience, while abhorrently expensive, has been seamless. I have/had used a Z10, Z30, Classic, and Priv, all on Verizon, and was able to swap out the SIM card with no issue.

I think I still have my VZW Classic in a drawer. PM me if you want more details.

Posted via CB10

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    12-06-19 08:29 PM