Classic for me...the passport design is damn ugly,is so wide, and i think will be so inconvenient to type, the keys looks smaller. I hope the back cover is made by same material as q10. (sorry for my eng if there is any mistake)
    06-24-14 01:50 PM
    Classic takes you back to 2007 with no design innovation. Sad to see. Passport looks fantastic.
    TrackPAD debuted in 09. Glass Storm was out in 08. Sad to see so many Z users stubbornly clinging to old 2008 tech "with no design innovation". By your logic, anyway. Passport is too big, for me. Classic might be too big for me. Nothing sad about choice. Diversity is a wondrous thing!
    Last edited by idssteve; 06-24-14 at 06:44 PM.
    06-24-14 06:33 PM
    You're so right.

No spinning clock, no trackball that gets grimy after a month, no horrible camera.

Hardly a Classic in my view, looks like the 9900 will have to keep on going !!!
    How many trackBALLS are still in service? I haven't even heard of ANYone still using one for YEARS. If the mission of the Q20 is to "transition" EXISTING legacy users, those existing legacy users are overwhelmingly using trackPADS. No comparison, reliability wise.

Spinning clocks pretty much evaporated once the OS's matured.

9900's camera is infamous. Even the 9650 was better, imo.
    06-24-14 06:42 PM
    That's my main concern as well. My hands aren't going to be growing any bigger, and the Q10 is already the perfect size for me to hold securely in one hand. I think I'll probably be able to handle the Classic as well, but the Passport is much too big for me to wrap my fingers around. I might be able to use it as a small oddly-shaped tablet, but not as a telephone. And if I needed a tablet, I'd be more inclined to go with something rectangular in the 7"-8" range, than with the Passport.

.: snip :.
    Passport is too big, for me. Classic might be too big for me. Nothing sad about choice. Diversity is a wondrous thing!

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2947/2274 Radio
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-24-14 07:51 PM
    I know this is not gonna be 100% accurate, but i took the original upload on this thread and resized it so it would measure the 3,5 inch screen on my computer display. if it's some kind of correct the Classic will be measured 133x73mm. I put my q10 on the screen also so you can see the difference.
    And again. It might not be accurate!!!
    Just a fun thought.

BlackBerry Classic - HD Render and Pictures-p1030953.jpg
    06-28-14 04:54 PM
    CONVENIENCE KEYS?!?!?!

Posted via CB10
    If that's true and u can reprogram them. Wow i will have a tough time choosing my next qwerty device

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 06:07 PM
    I know this is not gonna be 100% accurate, but i took the original upload on this thread and resized it so it would measure the 3,5 inch screen on my computer display. if it's some kind of correct the Classic will be measured 133x73mm. I put my q10 on the screen also so you can see the difference.
    Just a fun thought.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030953.jpg 
Views:	3575 
Size:	230.9 KB 
ID:	281353
    Inspired by your post, I went one step further:

BlackBerry Classic - HD Render and Pictures-img_20140629_013025.jpg

Yes, it should be printed to scale. I can pretend to have the Classic until November, lol.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-29-14 12:33 AM
    Your image wasn't visible in the CB10 app, slagman. Hopefully my quoting it here will rectify that. (Edit: yup, that did it! Very funny too!)

Name:	IMG_20140629_013025.jpg 
Views:	5203 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	281415

Yes, it should be printed to scale. I can pretend to have the Classic until November, lol.

06-29-14 02:26 AM
    Your image wasn't visible in the CB10 app, slagman. Hopefully my quoting it here will rectify that. (Edit: yup, that did it! Very funny too!)

It's weird, I posted it using the app, and yes, it doesn't show from the app. I checked from my PC and it shows fine on the computer... Odd...
    06-29-14 02:29 AM
    I like the Q10, but two issues, screen too small and alas, a row of 'classic' buttons as with the 9900 wouldn't go amiss....i agree with all your points...well said.

Call answering and hanging is a major bug bear when using a touch screen device.

Posted via Z10, UK based (Good luck Bla1ze as EiC!)
    06-29-14 03:03 AM

That looks comfy in the hand!

Cool!

Feel free to print and cut the Passport rendering of mine - that would be cool to see in hand and compared to the classic!

I'd do it if I could!
    07-04-14 02:22 PM
    That looks comfy in the hand!

Cool!

Feel free to print and cut the Passport rendering of mine - that would be cool to see in hand and compared to the classic!

I'd do it if I could!
    Sure man, I'll do that sometime when I'm bored, lol. Maybe tonight after work...
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-04-14 07:12 PM
    I have a feeling that the small space for the trackpad will be very annoying for users...I hope it doesn't affect the sales...If someone from BlackBerry reads this and they haven't finished its design, Please tell them to give it more space..for the sake of sales and profits.
    08-14-14 06:06 PM
    Classic takes you back to 2007 with no design innovation. Sad to see. Passport looks fantastic.
    I'd rather have no innovation if I get to keep efficiency. I had a BlackBerry Q10 and selecting text was a horrible experience even though I'm a fan of BlackBerry 10 OS. Even with the BlackBerry Z30 I currently own, selection just sucks.

Posted via CB10
    Frehley, AthenaSmith and Carrtman like this.
    08-14-14 10:20 PM
    I'd rather have no innovation if I get to keep efficiency. I had a BlackBerry Q10 and selecting text was a horrible experience even though I'm a fan of BlackBerry 10 OS. Even with the BlackBerry Z30 I currently own, selection just sucks.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it annoys me every time I need to select text, especially if I need the cursor close to an edge. Worse when there is like an x there to delete everything in the field, I try to get the cursor back to the end after editing something and bam, everything's deleted because I accidentally hit the x...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-15-14 09:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I still use a Q10 and selecting text is a jab-and-hope thing. With a high chance of repeating because it didn't happen right the first time. I was a lot faster with selecting, copying, and pasting in my 9900.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 12:01 AM
    Just a fun thought.

Name:	P1030953.jpg 
Views:	3575 
Size:	230.9 KB 
ID:	281353
    Nice Job
    Where's the ergonomic keyboard. Lol
    08-20-14 02:29 PM
    LMAO, nice try... Actually, it takes a simple mind to not realize that "new" doesn't automatically mean "better." Like I always say, if they say to replace your steering wheel in your car with a touchscreen pad where you swirl your finger on the screen to turn your car, would you do it? If you say no, you're clinging onto "old" technology, and you're simple-minded right?

Here's something else that simple minds might not have thought of. Changing the configuration of the keyboard could have detrimental effects on how you type on a traditional keyboard. Which no matter which way you slice it, you'll have to do at some point... I don't type by looking at where the keys are. I memorize where every key is in relation to each other. The new configuration on the Passport splits up the V and the B, and puts the corresponding letters underneath different letters than you're used to. Look at your PC keyboard. Particularly on the right side. P is to the upper right of the L, and M is half a key to the left and below the L, so it's actually below and to the left of the K. Now look at the Passport, the M is directly underneath the L and P... I know you can get used to that, but I don't feel the need or the desire to do that, especially since my keyboard at home isn't changing with it.

And here's something else a simple mind wouldn't grasp, doing more than one thing at once. On the Q10 keyboard, and on the PC keyboard at home, if I am typing out a sentence and I know a punctuation mark is coming soon, I reach for the shift key one letter prior on my PC and the alt key one letter prior on the Q10. So when it comes time to type the punctuation mark or symbol, all I need to do is hit the corresponding key. So in reality, typing a letter and a symbol is the same as typing two letters. Takes the same number of steps (since I'm doing two steps at once to get the shift/alt key depressed). On the Passport keyboard, it'll be just like it is on a virtual keyboard. Finish typing the last letter first, then swipe on the keyboard, then select the correct symbol. So now typing a letter and a symbol/punctuation mark, has become a 3 step process. This might not seem like a lot, but try doing that a lot of times if you're typing a lot, and have fun if you need multiple symbols/punctuation marks together in a row. Or maybe multiple capital letters in a row like in an acronym. What was "hold shift with one thumb and type the acronym with the other" becomes long pressing each and every letter...

Then there's the tool belt. Here's something a simple-minded person haven't considered. You are making a phone call, you have the phone to your ear. Because it's a touchscreen, you need the screen to deactivate while you have it up on your ear so you're not pressing things on the screen while chatting on your phone. This is accomplished via a proximity sensor, which is part of the "sensor array" in the Q10. It's on the top to the left of the ear-piece speaker. So you're on the phone, now you need to hang up the phone, you take the phone off your ear, now you stare at your phone like you're ******** because now you have to wait for the phone's proximity sensor to notice there's nothing close to it anymore. That sends a signal to the phone, then your OS registers that signal, then it turns the screen back on. Now you have to keep looking because you need to see where the "End Call" icon is so you can touch it, and you keep looking to make sure it gets pressed the first time around because sometimes it doesn't. And since I have my phone set to not hang up calls while holstered to allow for the use of headsets, I have to do this before I holster my phone. Now, I know what the simple minds are thinking right now "Oh, when the other person hangs up the call, doesn't it hang up automatically?" Why, yes, it does, but sometimes you want to hang up ON that person, or the call is with an automated system, in which, you need to hang up the call... I know, you're not simple minded so you didn't just think of that question while reading my hypothetical situation. But I assure you, some simple-minded person out there was asking that... Not you of course. ;-)

Then, let's get to an even worse situation. Speakerphone. Use your phone on speakerphone, and now what happens if you need to hang up. Since the proximity sensor wasn't used, the normal screen lock time-out applies. So now you have to UNLOCK your screen, put in your password if you use one (I do), and hopefully you didn't navigate away from the call screen during the call, because if you did, like I often do during phone calls, now you have to minimize whatever app you were last on, find the phone app active frame, touch that, THEN press the hang up icon.

Wow, those are some big paragraphs to describe the "simple" process of hanging up the phone. Now let me type out the long and grueling process of hanging up the phone if you had the tool-belt:
    Press the hang up button.

PHEW, man, that was a lot of typing, those 5 words took the wind out of me!!

And the amazing thing about that is, you can do that without ever even looking at your phone. From my ear, I can press the hangup button as I'm putting my phone away, all in one motion. From a speakerphone call, same thing, press the button as I'm putting the phone away...

Ooh, what about the answer call button? Hey, let me describe some crazy procedure we were able to do on legacy devices with a physical call button. If you want to call the last person you talked with, this is what you do. Put on your reading glasses, this will be harsh!:
    Press the answer button twice.

PHEW, wow, man, it really takes a simple-minded fool to want to shorten the process of calling the last person to that... Again, this can be done without even looking at the phone... With the Q10 and the Passport, you have to look at your phone, minimize whatever app you're on, touch the phone icon, then move your thumb up to the list and select the person on the top. Oh, but holy crap, what if you had the phone app open as an active frame and it was on a different function than the call log? Like the search contacts tab, or the dial pad tab?? Now, that process becomes, look at your phone, minimize your app, touch the phone icon, switch to the call log, then touch the top person on the list (hopefully you weren't looking at that list before and had scrolled down or something, then you'd need to add scroll back to the top to this list of steps).

Wow, it must take a really simple-minded person to believe that making a call or ending a call shouldn't require more than one or two steps to accomplish. I mean obviously we want to complicate everything as much as possible, that's how you become sophisticated. Accomplishing every-day tasks simply is for the simple-minded. I'm sure that's a saying by some really famous sophisticated person... Follow the K.I.S.S. principle guys, Keep It Sophisticated Simpleton. I'm 98.4% sure that's how that acronym goes... Oh, typing out that acronym took me like a quarter of a second since I had the shift key there. How long would that take if you were on the Passport and had to long press, swipe, press, long press, swipe, press, long press, swipe, press, and long press, swipe, press??

So have fun with that you super sophisticated person you. I'll wait for the Classic since my simple mind just can't comprehend the concept of not simplifying the things I do when the opportunity comes up...
    What a POWER post!!!!

Thats why I will get the CLASSIC!!!! Those simple steps!!!

And how many times did that crap happened, that took 5-9 seconds to hang up???

I am a POWER guy! Like Donald Trump! Not the money, but how he manages things! Time is money! When I wanna hang up, I do it quickly! I hate the gap between the last sentence and ending a phone! I like to do ASAP!!!!

With these full touch or even Q10 I always struggled! With Classic this will be a thing from the past!

Same with the speakerphone call!!! This little detail! How many times did that happen? When ending a call, you had to enter your PIN, search for the active frame, etc. No words!

Slagman5, you are a minister! Thanks for this great post!

[Thread worth: $12,000.00]
    08-20-14 04:00 PM

So Slagman5, how did you manage to grab yourself a CLASSIC??? LULZ!!!!
    08-20-14 04:02 PM
    So Slagman5, how did you manage to grab yourself a CLASSIC??? LULZ!!!!
    Lol! I wish it was that easy! :-D

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-20-14 04:35 PM
    that screen is tiny
    08-20-14 06:51 PM
    that screen is tiny
    If, you are going to watch a movie, yes. Mine will be used as a work station, for fun I use a pro tab from Samsung.
    08-21-14 12:25 AM
    I really want the classic but the small screen/lack of apps is putting me down. Come on BlackBerry get the android runtime to work properly and deliver push notifications!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 12:51 AM
    Excepting the Passport, Q20's 2.47 wide screen will be wider than ANYthing BB has ever made, to date. AFAIK. It's even a little wider than S4's 2.45" wide screen. Q20 might be too wide for comfortable single handed operation for some of us.
    Last edited by idssteve; 08-21-14 at 11:12 AM.
    08-21-14 10:58 AM
    Damn i want this befor i go to london...common Ill have to wait four months if it comes out after september 3
    Coffee Shampoo likes this.
    08-21-14 10:12 PM
102 ... 2345