The last time I've touched a bb has been 5+ years ago.
    With 2018 I set my beloved Huawei mate aside ang bought myself a bb classic.
    So far has been a bit of a hassle getting some apps working but nothing too complicated.
    Wanted to know your experience with the Bb classic in 2018 and as a neew ''Old'' user wanted to hear some tips from the veterans. (mainly regarding apps and user experience)
    Looking forward to hear what you guys have to say!!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-18 03:33 PM
    I tried going from my Priv to a newly bought Classic To use as a daily driver and I went right back to the Priv less than 24 hours later. And while most would think it has to do with the lack of apps, the reason is that I couldn't deal with the slowness of the Classic. Man, it is just SO damn slow when doing almost anything on an android app, not to mention the time it takes to launch an app. The browser is so damn slow also.
    I could try using a Passport as a daily alongside the Priv as secondary, but the Classic's turtle performance makes it only worthy enough to be a secondary device, not primary.
    andy957 and jackfrost1209 like this.
    01-23-18 04:31 PM
    Great for email, typing, music, and a bit of browsing.

Depends how many apps you use. I've got an android phone for apps as well, also I carry a big *** bag so multiple carry doesn't bother me.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-18 04:49 PM
    Have 2, one was an At&t unlocked and bought from amazon with a crack in the screen.

When I used it as a phone(data, texting calling) I had no problems. Perhaps Western Canadian network is different but my Internet usage was fine outside of sometimes needing a VPN.

My screen is always low and its on airplane mode unless Its in my hand being used so battery life was good too.

I am pretty conservative with my tasks so any work or browsing was fast.

I used the assistant as much as I could, a lot of bad reviews about it but It can speed things up, read/write emails and notes, search you device, maps, internet and with internet use the Wolfram database to answer questions or calculations.

Now I just use it for web development, and as a USB device. It is a really useful tool I tried to use what it gave you to its limits and more.

My other one is mint. I keep contacts, information, passwords and some files on it.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-18 05:38 AM
    Update
    4th day using only the bb classic.
    It's a bit slow as a device and that can be a bit infuriating.
    So far whatsup 10 from nemory studio works fine. I got messenger 10 pro from them also, but I'm not happy at all with that.
    You guys know any decent fb messenger alternative for bb10?!
    I'm also using the standard twitter client, alsa a Hitt or miss. Suggestions for twitter client are also very appreciated .

Posted via CB10
    01-25-18 05:03 AM
    I use my Classic 8 Month last year. Now i run a KeyOne. Why ?
    I think the camera was sooo bad on the classic. The App Gate was nothing for me but after so many workarounds with whatsapp, dropbox, and many more . . . i say to myself. STOP . Now i try a KeyOne. And i love the Key One.

And yes. The Classic was a great phone for music, browsing, texting and email. But the time has come. . . BB10 is dead.

My second device is a Z10 just for fun.
    01-25-18 10:27 AM
    I tried going from my Priv to a newly bought Classic To use as a daily driver and I went right back to the Priv less than 24 hours later. And while most would think it has to do with the lack of apps, the reason is that I couldn't deal with the slowness of the Classic. Man, it is just SO damn slow when doing almost anything on an android app, not to mention the time it takes to launch an app. The browser is so damn slow also.
    I could try using a Passport as a daily alongside the Priv as secondary, but the Classic's turtle performance makes it only worthy enough to be a secondary device, not primary.
    Same with a PC... while today's PC don't change as much as they once did. Still a big difference between something from five years ago and today. Same with phone.... add in the fact that the runtime is an emulator that uses additional resources. There is a reason people buy updated products.

Very unfortunate that they didn't use the Passport's hardware in the Classic and the LEAP.
    01-25-18 10:41 AM
    I use a Passport as my daily driver. I own a Priv, Keyone and
    I Phone 8. The Passport is smooth, yes some apps will not run. ( I load older versions) from the web site up to uptown.com . A good example is the weather channel. The new version will not work. I loaded version 7.3.1 and it runs fine.
    01-25-18 11:10 AM
    Update
    4th day using only the bb classic.
    It's a bit slow as a device and that can be a bit infuriating.
    So far whatsup 10 from nemory studio works fine. I got messenger 10 pro from them also, but I'm not happy at all with that.
    You guys know any decent fb messenger alternative for bb10?!
    I'm also using the standard twitter client, alsa a Hitt or miss. Suggestions for twitter client are also very appreciated .

Posted via CB10
    Messenger lite apk works pretty well. Try clearing out and temporary data like your cache, and transfers. Its really best to just not use the android apps or use minimum lite apps. For me only z10 has droid apps, TextNow, Fongo, Mozilla FireFox, Ghost Commander

Posted via CB10
    01-25-18 01:19 PM
    I used a passport for a while and went to a keyone when it came out. I tried to go back around Christmas but I couldn't do it. I forgot how slow it was. And how hobbled together most of the basic android apps I used were.
    01-25-18 01:37 PM
    As others have stated in other threads, my Classic has ZER0 android apps and it runs perfectly fine.

Create a hotspot on your Classic to power your favorite android.

The worst thing about anything android is the sloppy coding and the every other day updates.

 Classic SQC100-2 I 10.3.2.2813
    Eugen Unson and dts32041 like this.
    01-25-18 06:24 PM
    Very unfortunate that they didn't use the Passport's hardware in the Classic and the LEAP.
    I agree. Classic is great for form factor, toolbar, and I personally like its keyboard better than Passport... but the hardware was outdated even when it was released.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-18 10:38 PM
    As others have stated in other threads, my Classic has ZER0 android apps and it runs perfectly fine.

Create a hotspot on your Classic to power your favorite android.

The worst thing about anything android is the sloppy coding and the every other day updates.

I wonder what drains more juice, having and/or using Android apps on a Classic, or having hotspot constantly on to enable the Android device to have internet connection
    01-26-18 03:59 AM
    I wonder what drains more juice, having and/or using Android apps on a Classic, or having hotspot constantly on to enable the Android device to have internet connection
    My Q10 had a mix of BlackBerry and Amazon store android apps, I only noticed lack of functionality due to the old android run time. I didn't have anything side loaded.

I use my Classic hotspot for less than 2 hours a day to fuel my android burner - I never have had an issue making it thru the day on an overnight charge. This is mainly when I'm in my car to play Pandora or GPS.

01-26-18 08:45 AM
    Usually the screen brightness and radios.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-18 01:33 PM
    Got myself one for 66 € from TELEKOM DEUTSCHLAND. Brand new and I got used to the qwertz keyboard. It will make a great backup phone.
    Last edited by Laramie50; 08-03-18 at 03:38 PM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-05-18 03:25 PM
    I agree. Classic is great for form factor, toolbar, and I personally like its keyboard better than Passport... but the hardware was outdated even when it was released.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed 100%. I currently use a Classic as a daily driver and prefer this size over the larger slabs. One can only hope the Key2 lite is a little closer to Classic form than its higher specced sibling. Doubtful, but one can dream.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-18 10:11 PM
    Agreed 100%. I currently use a Classic as a daily driver and prefer this size over the larger slabs. One can only hope the Key2 lite is a little closer to Classic form than its higher specced sibling. Doubtful, but one can dream.

Posted via CB10
    KEY2 is about 2mm taller than the KEYone, however it is thinner (width) and slimmer (thickness). I would personally have preferred it to be even shorter than the KEYone but that's the price to pay to get those 20% bigger keys, so... I say it's worth it
    Gene Fells likes this.
    07-06-18 11:47 AM
    I've come to a point where I say: I need my phone for texting, making calls, listen to music and sometimes checking GPS position. That's it.

I have an Android Tablet where I use all the fancy stuff.

Free at last.
    07-14-18 04:45 AM
    Got myself one for 66 € from TELEKOM DEUTSCHLAND. Brand new and I get used to a qwertz keyboard. It will make a great backup phone.
    Backup for what? I don't even remember if I ever needed a "backup phone". Even if I did, such an old thing would be a terrible replacement. You can get many old Android phones for a similar price with much better capabilities (not so terribly slow browser and the whole rest funny Android runtime), better GPS nav, better camera, better battery!
    07-14-18 06:17 AM
    bb classic is cool..im gonna use it until it dies !!
    dts32041 likes this.
    07-15-18 10:47 PM
    I use BlackBerry Classic everyday. I downloaded Google on it and works flawlessly (excluding SnapChat)

Posted via CB10
    digitladestined likes this.
    07-19-18 12:29 AM
    depends on what you work. I'm on the Classic and I only use mails, remember, telegram apk, maps, calculator. There is no better phone for me, because I keep it simple in a complicated world. I don't need all the apps that only distract me from work. But I understand that it is not for everyone. But do you really need all that google/facebook apps for being productive?
    dts32041, Eugen Unson and harvland like this.
    07-19-18 10:58 AM
    I'm getting one tomorrow new for 40 bux I will let you know my experience with it in 2018..i owned multiple classics in the past so I know the joy of this device
    07-21-18 06:32 PM
    depends on what you work. I'm on the Classic and I only use mails, remember, telegram apk, maps, calculator. There is no better phone for me, because I keep it simple in a complicated world. I don't need all the apps that only distract me from work. But I understand that it is not for everyone. But do you really need all that google/facebook apps for being productive?
    It's a great phone if you use it for the basics and what to look at the world a bit more then staring at a screen all day. For me the choice of going back to the classic was less distraction. Spend more time with my wife and kids now
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Classic, getting through 2018-445.jpg  
    07-22-18 10:54 AM
72 123