Hi all,

First time BlackBerry user here. I've had my Q5 for a week now and have mixed emotions about it. I absolutely love the keyboard, and the smaller size of the Q5 is refreshing.

I don't like that there is no back button; really frustrating sometimes. I also realized that I actually like premium feeling phones. The Q5 is not premium but I still really like it.

I miss a lot of my Android apps as well, but nothing I can't handle I suppose.

All that said I am very glad to have made the jump from Android. I still find myself reading about other BlackBerry devices...I wish I would have gotten a bold 9900 when they came out.

Now I find myself really wanting a Classic instead of the Q5. I wonder what the tool belt would be like. I also find myself worried that I won't be able to experience the joy of BlackBerry for long, since it sounds like BlackBerry is failing financially.

Anyways...I just typed all this on my Q5!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 10:02 PM
    I also find myself worried that I won't be able to experience the joy of BlackBerry for long, since it sounds like BlackBerry is failing financially.
    Your device isn't going to magically stop working or implode lol. BB10 will have, at the very least, two more OS updates coming to it and supported services wellllll beyond that. Contrary to popular belief, BlackBerry can't just up and decide to turn everything off one day and move on the next, they're too big to just go *poof*.
    10-12-15 10:09 PM
    My Bold 9900 worked for a very long time until I had decided to get the Z10. Your phone will not just stop working. The core usage of the Classic will still be there. I absolutely love my Classic and will use it until it craps out. I will be getting the Priv for my son, as his Z10 (my hand me down) is showing its age. The Classic is a in a class of its own, for sure.

Posted via Classic
    10-12-15 11:32 PM
    Yes. Don't worry.

I never owned a Q5 but had a few Q10's before the Classic. The Classic is absolutely the best BB10 phone out there imo. The tool belt alone is what makes a Classic....classic.

My Classic has left my iPhone 6, Note 4, Galaxy S4-6 in the dust and they have all been sold or being sold as we speak.

Don't worry. Get a Classic and you can thank us later lol.

Posted via my Classic
    10-13-15 12:09 AM