I received notice from Google that there was an unauthorized attempt to access my gmail account, so I had to change my gmail password on the computer. When I went to change the gmail password on my Classic, it didn't provide me with the ability to change the password like the other email accounts I have on my phone. The only options I'm offered are to sync or delete the account. Figuring I would just delete the account and re-install it on the phone, I started to delete it. Bu it said that all my emails and contacts associated with the gmail account would also be deleted. I have hundreds of contacts in my phone that were there long before I added my gmail account to the phone. How do I know whether or not deleting my gmail account will also delete all my contacts too? Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Blalze, I'm editing my question because I can't figure out how to reply to you. The only place I have my contacts is on my phone. The Blackberry Blend backup software won't backup my phone for some reason.
    Last edited by mdudleyjr; 01-15-19 at 04:29 PM.
    01-15-19 02:22 PM
    How do I know whether or not deleting my gmail account will also delete all my contacts too? Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
    They're not. It's only from your device.
    01-15-19 03:57 PM
    Now the reply box appears. The only place I have my contacts is on my phone. The Blackberry Blend backup software won't backup my phone for some reason.
    01-15-19 04:30 PM
    I received notice from Google that there was an unauthorized attempt to access my gmail account, so I had to change my gmail password on the computer. When I went to change the gmail password on my Classic, it didn't provide me with the ability to change the password like the other email accounts I have on my phone. The only options I'm offered are to sync or delete the account. Figuring I would just delete the account and re-install it on the phone, I started to delete it. Bu it said that all my emails and contacts associated with the gmail account would also be deleted. I have hundreds of contacts in my phone that were there long before I added my gmail account to the phone. How do I know whether or not deleting my gmail account will also delete all my contacts too? Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Blalze, I'm editing my question because I can't figure out how to reply to you. The only place I have my contacts is on my phone. The Blackberry Blend backup software won't backup my phone for some reason.
    There is only one password for one Gmail account, so if you change it on the computer you will get a notification on your Classic that your password has been changed and needs to be updated on your device.
    01-15-19 05:07 PM
    I know what you're talking about because I've done it before. For every other email account I have on my phone, when I go to Settings, Accounts and select one of my emails, it takes me to an "Edit Account" screen where you can enter information like Name, Username and Password. However, when I select the gmail account, it jumps to a completely different screen, where the background is all black, it says the name of the email and there's three dots in the upper right hand corner. The gmail name is not functional and when I select the three dots, it gives me two options: "Sync now" (which does nothing as far as I can tell) or "Remove Account". Those are the only two things I can do. When I select "Remove Account" I get the warning that it will delete all my messages and contacts associated with the account. I don't have the ability to change the password. I feel helpless.
    01-16-19 03:30 PM
    Let me try going at this from a different perspective. I need to delete the gmail account and re-input it on my phone. If I delete the gmail account it will also delete all Contacts associated with the gmail account. How do I know whether particular Contacts are associated with that gmail account? I have hundreds of Contacts on my phone that were there long before I loaded the gmail account onto the phone in the first place. Is it safe to assume they are not associated with my gmail account and therefore won't be deleted?
    01-17-19 05:02 PM
    I'll vote it's safe. Your Gmail account is on Google and you're really just accessing it from your device, so yes, all your contacts and messages will get deleted from your device -but they'll be back once you sign in again on your device.

That's my take on it, anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.
    01-17-19 10:05 PM
    Why not sync the device-only contacts to your gmail account? Pretty sure you can do this from the Contacts app.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-19 09:20 AM
    Go into the contacts app and swipe right, this should enable you to select which set of contacts you want to view .

Select Gmail and you should get a list of just your Gmail contacts.

Do however check that none of them are linked to other accounts by selecting a contract and hitting the links button at the bottom of the screen as if they are the linked contact may also be removed.

Posted via CB10 using my P9982 running 10.3.3.3216
    01-19-19 10:31 AM
    To m3ach, when I swipe right there is no icon for gmail contacts. Based on what you told me, that means that none of my Contacts are associated with my gmail account. So I should be all right to delete the gmail account. The thing I worry about is that when you add a gmail account to a phone, it always requires you to grant permission to gmail to manage/delete all your Contacts, Calendars, etc. That scares me.
    01-21-19 01:29 PM
    ...and thank you to everyone who replied. I really appreciate it.
    01-21-19 01:30 PM
    Try this. Open your browser, go to google.com, at the bottom of the page click the link to view in "classic" instead of "mobile". When the page changes click on your e-mail address in upper right corner for account settings. Password change is in there somewhere.
    01-22-19 02:35 PM
    Now that I re-read your post, it seems you've already changed the password and are trying to update that change on the phone. In that case disregard my reply.
    01-22-19 02:38 PM