Hello,
    recently I bought a Blackberry Classic and have encountered a strange bug.
    I connect to EDUROAM school network, and everything works fine, but once in a while I get disconnected. When that happens, the signal strength indicates 0, I cannot disconnect, no other wifi channels show up, I cant delete the settings for that given connection, and all that until I restart a device.
    Since restarting my device 2-3 times when im at school is increasingly bothersome, is there any fix to this, or is this a known bug?
    My device is updated to the latest version available.
    Killerwife
    10-27-15 08:21 AM
    Hi there, latest version available being which OS? And I was using eduroam the few months back when I was finishing my post grad papers, had no issues. Have you tried going into flight mode, and turning back on again?
    10-27-15 09:50 AM
    10.3.2 and I have, that one doesnt help. When the wifi bugs out, the only thing that helps is reboot. This is a persistent issue, and doesnt happen with iOS and android devices, its blackberry specific.
    11-02-15 06:15 AM
    Eduroam is awful... I'm sure this isn't a BlackBerry specific problem.
    11-02-15 07:06 AM
    On my school it 100% is, i own many devices. What im describing is some fluke in the os whilst disengaging when losing signal from wifi.
    11-04-15 08:58 AM
    Exactly what OS are you running?
    11-04-15 10:06 PM
    Can I ask if it is Carleton U? If so, I always had issues with every device I had on campus. Computers to tablets to phones, the network is terrible. Your best bet is to go to computer services and ask the appropriate questions to the IT admin

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 08:08 PM
    I have the same problem with Eduroam at Lauier on Q10. I did talk to IT services and they sent off me to Blackberry for support. They were very friendly, and we together did numerous tests, no resolution. There are numerous BB10 phones of the campus, no problems, and I am the only one with such a problem. It is obviously a problem in BB10 OS, not Eduroam in general. Now I know I'm not alone. If anyone figured it ou, please do post.
    07-29-16 12:56 PM
    I can't say that I am familiar with your wifi network but I had similar problems with my home network. It turned out that my router was auto-selecting the frequency for the network and sometimes my Classic was unable to find the network because the router frequency was beyond the range that was capable on the Classic, which is what I am assuming is happening to you. In my case I was able to select 1 frequency and lock that in so my Classic now always finds my network. I hope this at least helps to explain why it might be happening...
    08-08-16 01:34 AM
    You must turn off mobile network.
    I have same problem with connect wi fi with my Canon Eos 1dX mkII. Aplication Canon Camera Connect not work when Wi Fi conect with Camera via Wi Fi transmiter WFT E8B. Only when I turn off mobile network work.
    This is stupid and BUG from BlackBerry.
    Phone and camera conect WiFi but not work even turn off mobiel network.
    08-12-16 03:20 PM
    Doesn't work that simple. Bug still persists

Posted via CB10
    12-20-16 01:03 PM