On my 9900 basically anybody can change the keyboard in just a few 5 minutes.

As far as I can tell from a Classic disassembly video

, this might not be the case any more on the Classic.
    Mr4aces and flyingsolid like this.
    01-22-15 10:31 AM
    My last keyboarded phone that was my daily driver was an old Curve 8xxx ... Never double typed and I hammered that phone. I have never fixed a keyboard.

I don't think the thread should go, I just think people are saying that people shouldn't come here and say things that could drive potential new customers away. It happened for me. I've been eyeing a q10 for the longest but the fear of it developing a double typing issue prevents me from buying one.
    Thats why Chens team SHOULD see this topics too!!!!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    ilmizi likes this.
    01-22-15 12:47 PM
    Will update when I bring it in to the service center.. but for now, no time to do so and the issue isn't that pronounced.

As someone mentioned earlier mechanical wear and tear will always be an issue for qwerty phones, and there are a whole bunch of keys to check if we ever drop the phone.

(speaking of which, the texture of the blackberry soft case I just bought is helping me prevent a repeat of my unfortunate drops)

In the mean time... everybody RELAX. Majority of responses indicate that the classic is doing fine.

The world isn't ending, blackberry isn't collapsing, potential customers are not migrating in droves to other platforms.

I must say that I love my classic for what it is.

(and if you must know about the frequency of the double typing.. for this post, it hasn't acted up. It really is very very seldom, but noticeable when it occurs)

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 08:30 AM
    Zero issues with phone or keyboard. Very quality product IMO.
    01-23-15 10:43 AM
    No double type issue at all!

Posted from my Classic Passport
    01-23-15 10:46 AM
    This thread is all about hysteria and faith.
    Hysteria is a consequence of Q10 problematic keyboard.
    And faith is a hope that BlackBerry did some work on that issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 04:35 PM
    I am not full of faith.
    Got my 2yr in on contract, ready to replace this Z. On the fence about the Classic, a real bummer it has a fixed batt and the charge contacts did not return. Will be watching for threads like this over next few months, if the double type plagues the C like the Q, this Z10 will be my last BlackBerry.

I picked up a Q @xmas last year, and by April it had developed double type and a few hyper sensitive keys (never dropped). It was such a drag to return to this damned touch screen kb.

My faith may be gone, but I do hope the Classic fares better than the Q.
    Coffee Shampoo likes this.
    01-23-15 08:23 PM
    This thread is all about hysteria and faith.
    Hysteria is a consequence of Q10 problematic keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    I'm confident that they did.

This keyboard (on the classic) is just so flawless.

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.1154)
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-24-15 05:26 PM
    Let me say this:
    The tragedy of BlackBerry is that customers think that BlackBerry will change, but it doesn't. And BlackBerry thinks that customers won't change, but they do.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 05:57 PM
    Let me say this:
    The tragedy of BlackBerry is that customers think that BlackBerry will change, but it doesn't. And BlackBerry thinks that customers won't change, but they do.

Posted via CB10
    I honestly don't know how to respond to this. This was kinda perfect in a way.
    01-24-15 09:37 PM
    Let me say this:

Posted via CB10
    That's damned poetic.

Posted via CB10
    Vintage123 likes this.
    01-24-15 10:18 PM
    Let me say this:

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, although I belive it fits many other threads even better than this one.

But if you allow, I see some room for improvement:

The tragedy of Blackberry is that customers think that Blackberry will improve, but it does not. And Blackberry thinks that customers will accept and adopt, but they don't.
    01-25-15 10:32 AM
    Agreed, although I belive it fits many other threads even better than this one.

But if you allow, I see some room for improvement:

The tragedy of Blackberry is that customers think that Blackberry will improve, but it does not. And Blackberry thinks that customers will accept and adopt, but they don't.
    as much as blackberry wants to say that they are focused on enterprise and not the consumer market, they need that market to survive. in that consumer market comes the fact that consumers wants apps that work and not work arounds or hacks. its the new age of tech and most people want apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-28-15 11:35 AM
    I have had my classic since mid december.

Thanks for the replies, i'll have my keyboard checked if it gets worse

Posted via CB10
    Get it fixed while it's still in warranty, it will get worse.

 Z10
    01-28-15 12:16 PM
    Exchanged mine with the double typing spacebar. Too bad really because otherwise it was a superb Classic. Oustanding build quality and the best keyboard I have ever used. My new Classic has very uneven backlighting. The whole left half is way brighter than the right side. Sim and SD tray stand out a bit and don't fit as perfectly as on the old one.

My biggest gripe is the new keyboard though. It feels less clicky and accurate as the old one. More like my old Q10.

Very sad I want my old one back without the double typing space bar.

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    01-31-15 06:18 AM
    Damn.. the "a" started double typing.. I was like you have to be kidding me.. it lost the click and just had a "soft" feel.. I quickly found some canned air and gave the keyboard a cleaning... tada.. all good..

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 06:47 AM
    Damn.. the "a" started double typing.. I was like you have to be kidding me.. it lost the click and just had a "soft" feel.. I quickly found some canned air and gave the keyboard a cleaning... tada.. all good.. Posted via CB10
    Seems like in your case the issue must have been luckily just a mechanical sticking of the key itself.

However in those cases where the doubletyping affects keys in a larger area, the issue originates from much deeper, from the keyboard membrane and the corresponding contacts on the mother board.

Canned air sure wouldn't be able to reach and cure that problem.
    02-01-15 12:21 PM
    updates from me:

the double typing has gotten pretty pronounced (no further mishaps after I got the bb soft shell case)

keys affected are 'a', 'e', 'i' and 'r'.

will update after I get it in to a service center this week during the chinese new year holiday

guess it's mechanical after all. (and probably all my fault)
    02-15-15 09:43 AM
    Mine is now the spacebar double type! Frick! Back to the good ol Passport!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 01:48 PM
    Looks like it's time for Classic's disassembling guide.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 03:51 PM
    You would have thought they wouldnt have the keyboard issue any longer as I thought foxconn was manufacturing the classics, I could be wrong though

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-15-15 04:05 PM
    Looks like it's time for Classic's disassembling guide.
    Isn't the thing stuck together with tape?

Embarrassing.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-15-15 04:37 PM
    Wow. This just sucks. I really hope that it isn't widespread.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-15-15 04:52 PM
    So far I had additional, rare double-typing with keys a, d and i. It happens extremely rarely and I haven't really been able to recreate it on purpose or at least I don't really have the patience to hammer down a single key dozens of times and keep counting. Once it gets worse, it'll go back to warranty.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 05:14 PM
    Guys, even if it happens there is a solution. But I'd be really really disappointed in BlackBerry if Classic will have same keyboard issues as Q10 had.

Posted via CB10
    It would be the final straw for me.

Posted Via Classic SQC100-4/10.3.1.2072 CB10
    02-16-15 07:39 AM
419 ... 23456 ...