Hello!

I too am facing this 'double typing' issue since last month, especially a, e, s.

Is it mechanical or a software glitch?

Please help as its very annoying.

Thanks!

Pankaj Jaju, Goa, India
    08-02-15 08:56 PM
    This is why I refuse to buy a BB10 PKB device. Just not worth the potential hardware issues.

Posted via CB10
    double_fault likes this.
    08-02-15 09:04 PM
    I read somewhere on the forum that the change log for 10.3.2 mentions a fix for the double-typing issue.

Also, I've seen at least one post where a user updated to 10.3.2 and he reported that his double-typing has stopped happening since.

As a software developer, I can see how a double-typing hardware could be fixed with a software update:

"If a letter is pressed twice on the keyboard in a rapid succession (faster than if done intentionally), ignore the second instance of the letter"
    08-03-15 08:13 AM
    I read somewhere on the forum that the change log for 10.3.2 mentions a fix for the double-typing issue.

Also, I've seen at least one post where a user updated to 10.3.2 and he reported that his double-typing has stopped happening since.

As a software developer, I can see how a double-typing hardware could be fixed with a software update:

"If a letter is pressed twice on the keyboard in a rapid succession (faster than if done intentionally), ignore the second instance of the letter"
    Totally agree but there has not been much evidence posted that it is fixed. There seems to be a hardware component as well. It might be better to have an App that is user invoked to adjust for DT on a key by key basis. This custom approach could adjust for manufacturing tolerances not being met.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 09:05 AM
    Wow, reading all these posts is making me second guess myself about getting a Classic to replace my Z30.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    08-03-15 02:14 PM
    I had this problem on my Q10 and exchanged it on my Phones 4 U warranty. They exchanged me an Android Galaxy which I just didn�t like. Have gone back to BB10 and bought a Classic in February. The double-typing on the �O� started happening a couple of months ago and is increasing in regularity. I can still live with it but won�t hesitate to get it exchanged when it becomes annoying. I might try and go for the touchscreen Leap instead although I prefer the Classic keyboard for my use. I agree with others posted. BB really should have sorted this out. They cannot afford a product with this ongoing underlying issue. Anyway thought you may like to know there�s others out there with the same issue!
    08-06-15 08:28 AM
    The BB10 system is fantastic and for me I will stay with BB as long as they are making handsets. In my view the only reason to go for a Classic is the keyboard. If you don’t really want a physical keyboard that much you may be better staying with touchscreen.
    08-06-15 08:31 AM
    For about two seconds, I mistakenly thought my Classic may have been imperfect as I got one double strike recently while writing a long document.

Of course, I was wrong.

Here's a simple suggestion -- before doing any serious writing on your Classic, wash your hands well. Also, as needed, barely moisten a lint-free paper towel with a little rubbing alcohol, and use this to clean the keyboard very gently. I find just doing this periodically means like-new performance and control, and better typing speed and accuracy. And no "double-typing".

I notice the same thing on both my Smith-Corona electric and standard machines. Degreased hands and keys = greater speed and fewer errors. No need for a tune-up; just a good clean-up.

Is it possible that in many cases this "double-typing" phenomenon is neither a software nor a hardware issue -- but rather a greasy keyboard issue?

Give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 07:43 PM
    It's not a greasy keyboard issue. My new replacement is clean as a whistle and I just saw my first double typed letter after owning it for only a week.

Posted via CB10
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    08-06-15 08:40 PM
    It's not a greasy keyboard issue. My new replacement is clean as a whistle and I just saw my first double typed letter after owning it for only a week.

Posted via CB10
    That blows. I was thinking that maybe users who carried the Classic in their pockets uncased would be prone to dust buildup, and hence more prone to the double typing. Perhaps carrying the Classic in, say, a leather pouch, may alleviate the issue?

Interestingly enough, from the BlackBerry Classic insider event, BlackBerry admitted that the Classic is not dust proof.

"At this time BlackBerry 10 devices are not waterproof, or dust-proof but we are always evaluating how we can improve our products in the future so thanks for your feedback!"

08-07-15 12:04 PM
    That blows. I was thinking that maybe users who carried the Classic in their pockets uncased would be prone to dust buildup, and hence more prone to the double typing. Perhaps carrying the Classic in, say, a leather pouch, may alleviate the issue?

Interestingly enough, from the BlackBerry Classic insider event, BlackBerry admitted that the Classic is not dust proof.

"At this time BlackBerry 10 devices are not waterproof, or dust-proof but we are always evaluating how we can improve our products in the future so thanks for your feedback!"

I had my original Classic in a sleeve for the first two months I owned it. Saw double typing while using and thought maybe the compression of the sleeve was causing the keys to become sensitive or something. It's quite a tight fit. Sleeve, or no sleeve, it didn't make a difference.
    08-07-15 01:25 PM
    Why was the 9900 keyboard more reliable than recent models? They did not normally have problems besides wear and tear.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 03:24 PM
    I had my original Classic in a sleeve for the first two months I owned it. Saw double typing while using and thought maybe the compression of the sleeve was causing the keys to become sensitive or something. It's quite a tight fit. Sleeve, or no sleeve, it didn't make a difference.
    Dang

08-07-15 04:12 PM
    Why was the 9900 keyboard more reliable than recent models? They did not normally have problems besides wear and tear.

Posted via CB10
    I had the double typing issue on my 9900 as well as my 9780, a couple Q10's, and my Classic.

My 8130, 8330, 9630, 9700, 9800, and my work Q10 have all been fine though.
    08-07-15 04:13 PM
    mine has it, but it seems to be a lot better since the last OS update.
    08-08-15 10:53 AM
    It seems that my double typing problem has gone away after I downloaded the new beta ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2639. I guess mine is not hardware problem then. Will see how long it will last.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2639
    09-02-15 05:45 PM
    Its the same for me. Double typing issue at the moment makes me refuse to buy the Classic although I think that the keyboard is way more superior then Q10 which I use atm.

Posted with my Q10 on 10.2.1.537
    09-03-15 12:13 PM
    Seems to have improved since I updated to 2639. I even used a Blitz install. Time will tell. Just prior to updating I was seeing several letters repeatedly double typing. Now, none.
    09-03-15 02:59 PM
    Its the same for me. Double typing issue at the moment makes me refuse to buy the Classic although I think that the keyboard is way more superior then Q10 which I use atm.

Posted with my Q10 on 10.2.1.537
    I have not seen anyone post that the latest software (10.3.2.2639) did not totally solve the DT problem - it has solved it for Classic, Q10, and Passport.

So you can purchase a Classic knowing that when you install the new software you will not have any DT problems.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2639/799 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    09-03-15 06:11 PM
    I have not seen anyone post that the latest software (10.3.2.2639) did not totally solve the DT problem - it has solved it for Classic, Q10, and Passport.

So you can purchase a Classic knowing that when you install the new software you will not have any DT problems.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2639/799 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    I have to agree with that. My Classic has been having double typing problem for a few months until 10.3.2.2639 . We have a few threads around discussing about the new OS fix the issue and yet any threads on not fixing the issue. So I assume that most of the DT problem are software related, not hardware related. I'm happy with my Classic even with DT, and now I'm happier even more.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2639
    09-03-15 07:30 PM
    Still, for me this is still too much assuptions at the moment.

I really hope those who have reported their double typing issue resolved by software update, will chime in with time and reconfirm that their success story.
    09-03-15 08:07 PM
    Still, for me this is still too much assuptions at the moment.

I really hope those who have reported their double typing issue resolved by software update, will chime in with time and reconfirm that their success story.
    I haven't had one DT on the newest OS!

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    09-03-15 08:45 PM
    Installed the latest OS this morning, and so far I haven't had a single double letter happen, so it's looking very good so far.
    09-05-15 05:12 AM
    Seriously BlackBerry should improve their products quality and learn from their past mistakes!! I have a q10 now and I hate that I had to send my phone for repair fue to a double typing issue..... now the keys are working fine but all of them are not backlit properly and are dim and I have to live with it......

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 05:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    LOL. I agreee!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 07:07 AM
419 ... 1314151617