I will probably sell mine after it comes back from RMA.

Sent from my SGH-I337M
    07-06-15 12:29 AM
    Am I a pessimist or just being prepared? I'm currently using a Classic and have a Q10 as my backup. Over the past 2 months the Q has developed a heavy case of the dreaded DT - more letters and more frequent. There have been 2 instances where the Classic has done it as well.

I'm looking at getting the Z10 later this week to replace the Q as the new #2, bc now, my Q is more like the "other" #2. I'm good with the basics in a phone and from what I can see, and the feedback I've received, the Z10 does this well and the size should work for me. Already pricing them out, looking at a Seidio naked holster and extra battery bundle. It is too bad bc the Q is a great phone less the DT.

What makes me nervous is that my Classic, which I really like, might begin to catch the DT bug as well. It is unacceptable that a company who has been know for their PKB's can't get this right.

I hope it doesn't catch the bug and the Z only comes out for random charges and OS update checks. But I feel a little better knowing it will be there if needed.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 01:17 AM
    Just ran into this issue with the white classic, after about only two weeks of use. It's happening with the space button, causing unnecessary periods to pop up here and there.

Had this issue with the Q10 and I personally replaced four of those keyboards myself to fix the issue for a little while. Sucks that there are zero white classic spare parts out right now to even attempt a personal repair.
    After updating the OS I gotta say the problem is gone.
    07-06-15 07:34 PM
    About a day ago I got a double "a". Read a few new posts with regards to DT "a". I hope my small brain did not read into it and cause my issue.

I admit I came to Blackberry for the pkb. I had always had Windows or Apple. Just wanted pkb and something different.

I do love the BB10 OS. I really do love the hub. I feel the calendar is faster / better after OS update.

Just a little worried about the DT.

I am not app dependent. But I am a little worried where Blackberry as a company will be in a few years.

Still very happy with Classic.

 Classic
    WT44 likes this.
    07-06-15 07:46 PM
    I regret that I have sold my Q10 totally free from double typing and keep a lemon Classic that has been back for RMA twice within last 30 days.

Sent from my SGH-I337M
    07-07-15 04:45 AM
    I've been having double typing the last month or two. Have no idea if it's software or hardware.. but will have to take it back to the BlackBerry Repair Centre!

It ddoesnt happen often but it happens often enough to be annoying. That double 'd' above was double typing. Will leave it in there for effect..

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 06:51 AM
    After updating the OS I gotta say the problem is gone.
    Which OS did you update to?
    07-07-15 10:02 AM
    The thing is, the legacy phones suffered from this as well.

My 9900 developed it after 4 years of use - mind you it was problem free for the 2.5 years that I used it.

It was after I had left it lying around for 1.5 years once bb10 launched, and I turned it out that I discovered it was plagued by a DT issue.

I bought another used 9900 and it had DT.

If you check the forums you'll see that bbos phones suffered from DT.

The difference it seems, is that DT shows up WAY sooner on these bb10 phones!

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    I'd never heard of it on legacy till my recent manufacture re-issue 9900. Of course we replace keyboards every few months for paint wearing thru. $10 and 10 minutes... (i've swapped'em in five minutes ) Swapping keyboards on my re-issue 99 only lasted a few weeks. Still testing.

NO signs of DT on our two + dozen Classics... yet.
    07-07-15 10:10 AM
    I was an avid Classic user until DT happens...switched to iPhone 6 for good and never regretted. App ecosystem finally back to normal, no need to hunt for apk/stand inferior performances. Also the virtual keyboard on the iPhone is very, very accurate
    Overlake likes this.
    07-07-15 10:09 PM
    I was an avid Classic user until DT happens...switched to iPhone 6 for good and never regretted. App ecosystem finally back to normal, no need to hunt for apk/stand inferior performances. Also the virtual keyboard on the iPhone is very, very accurate
    Good for you, but why are you still hanging around CB?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 10:53 PM
    I really wanna buy the BlackBerry Classic, but I'm holding on because of the double typing problem.

Shame.

Posted via CB10
    3Dee likes this.
    07-09-15 10:24 AM
    You guys should probably start to post the date the device was packaged and also the model number, to see if we can find a pattern.

The Q10 SQN100-5 variants, bought directly from BlackBerry (not carriers), made in 2014, had a really good track record in terms of double-typing issues.

The gold and white editions were also pretty flawless.

#CB10 #glassweave #qwerty
    I have a pretty good track record...6 devices, no double typing, one common denominator. Always used OTA carrier OS release or release from BlackBerry, never once loaded a leak. Not saying leaks are the cause, just saying I've had pretty much every PKB and no double typing ever. No issues with my Verizon Z10 or Z30 either.

Black Q10 Verizon

White Q10 Verizon

Black Classic (no camera) Verizon (Work Device)

Black Classic AT&T

White Classic ShopBlackBerry

Black Passport AT&T
    White Passport ShopBlackBerry
    07-09-15 11:01 AM
    I'm having this double-tap issue as well with my BB Classic. It's driving me mad. Periods are being inserted randomly, sometimes after. Every. Single. Word. In. A. Sentence (that was for effect, but that's how insane it has gotten). So, my question is this....let's say, hypothetically, someone swabbed down the face (including keyboard) of their best friend with say, alcohol or something. Is it possible s/he jacked up the keyboard to produce this kind of nutsy?

HELP. ME. PLEASE. It's to the point where I want to get rid of this Classic. And I'm one of the eight people in the U.S. who still uses Blackberries. And have done, for the past decade. Desperate. Here. Please. Help. Me.
    07-18-15 11:14 PM
    How can we collectively can BlackBerry to acknowledge this matter and answer to us. Are they still repairing our KB with the same production ones or with an improvement part?

Somebody here needs to address this matter to BlackBerry. CB should have the clout to in get our feedback to BlackBerry and get them to do something.

PS: just replaced my Classic KB 1 month ago.

Via Passport and Classic
    07-18-15 11:46 PM
    I have sent back my Classic for repair twice within the past four weeks. it seems all right after the second rma. Hopefully it will last for a while.

Sent from my SGH-I337M
    07-19-15 02:03 AM
    On my device it has improved significantly since the last update (10.3.2.2226 ). Very hardly see it anymore.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 06:47 AM
    My classic regularly has double letters pop up and it's a little frustrating but not a huge issue. My Z30 never is an issue and the virtual keyboard is so much more responsive and faster. I have Classic for work and Z30 for personal. In typing this, I've had 3 double types. Easily fixed but proof that it is there.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 08:34 AM
    faced the double typing issue on my passport after 8 weeks usage. love the device but will send it back to amazon soon, unfortunately... will switch back to my z30 or to a galaxy s6...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 09:54 AM
    My AT&T Classic is getting worse with double typing of certain letters, even inserting spaces randomly. I'm going to back up the phone and try a factory reset. I'm on the OTA update pushed out by AT&T. What worries me about a warranty replacement is that I wont be getting a new device, it'll be manufacturer recertified. Garbage. AT&T says they've never heard of anyone having this issue with this phone.
    07-20-15 12:53 PM
    Just changed my Keyboard on my 9900 (no double typing, it was simply worn).

It took me $5 and 5 minutes. It was so easy, even a caveman could do it.

For the Classic II, Blackberry needs to redesign the keyboard so it can be changed just as easily.

Oh, and I slapped in a new Battery too, just because. Or wait, because it was so easy. So Blackberry, here is another idea.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    07-31-15 05:17 PM
    My AT&T Classic is getting worse with double typing of certain letters, even inserting spaces randomly. I'm going to back up the phone and try a factory reset. I'm on the OTA update pushed out by AT&T. What worries me about a warranty replacement is that I wont be getting a new device, it'll be manufacturer recertified. Garbage. AT&T says they've never heard of anyone having this issue with this phone.
    Ha. That's a laugh and a half. The cell phone business is so sleazy.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 09:00 PM
    Well I got the replacement. So far after 2 days, no problems.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 10:58 PM
    My carrier also swapped a new device after three unsuccessful RMAs. So far, so good.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 11:31 PM
    On my device it has improved significantly since the last update (10.3.2.2226 ). Very hardly see it anymore.
    Not here. This is suuch a jokee. I can't believe this... get it together BlackBerry. Is this a software or hardware issue???

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 09:30 AM
    After the most recent OS update the issue was gone for a few days and now it's back with a vengeance. Worse than ever. I try to add Word Substitution for the words that get the bug so over time it would just work around it yet new letters keep getting the DT. It used to be o, then a, then c, now h. I hate sending products back so I'll just keep holding out hope.
    08-02-15 01:22 AM
419 ... 1213141516 ...