My first BB10 was Q5. After that, I had two Q10s, one Z30, and two Classics. Except double typing, there is no other aspect Q5 can beat the rest. Plus its keyboard is not perfect, either. I could barely use Q5 at night because it's click sound was just too loud.

Posted via Classic
    06-15-15 01:26 AM
    i have q10 and classic...sometimes have double typing issue at some letters randomly...now it fixed...i turn off Word prediction/suggestion..., i thinks if the DT letter appear randomly...it because the software..

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 03:46 AM
    sorry double post...
    network problem
    Last edited by pecinta_kopi; 06-15-15 at 09:19 AM.
    06-15-15 04:05 AM
    It isn't quite fixed. Now your phone double post.
    06-15-15 09:00 AM
    i have q10 and classic...sometimes have double typing issue at some letters randomly...now it fixed...i turn off Word prediction/suggestion..., i thinks if the DT letter appear randomly...it because the software..

Posted via CB10
    Double-posting is a whole new problem!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 08:33 PM
    Just curious to know if the double typing problem is also encountered in white Q10s / Classics.

Am I wrong to say the DT problem is only on black Q10s & Classiccs?

Any one with DT issue on his white device?
    06-16-15 09:22 AM
    Hi Nashama,

I have owned both black and white Q10, and DT exists in both phones. Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 12:33 PM
    Just curious to know if the double typing problem is also encountered in white Q10s / Classics.

Am I wrong to say the DT problem is only on black Q10s & Classiccs?

Any one with DT issue on his white device?
    Went through at least 4 white q10s with that issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 06:08 PM
    Thank you. I am not alone. This is the most annoying issue. Has anyone got a fix for full stops being placed everytime I type no more than 10 letters. Its driving me crazy. I have always been a blackberry person I am ready to jump ship over this issue
    06-16-15 10:43 PM
    I did remove most language fffiles after autoloading to the latestt OS. Do youu guys thiink it will make any chaange if I put all languagge files back?

Posted via Classic
    06-17-15 01:06 AM
    If the problem is big enough, even the most loyal BlackBerry users will start to get fed up. I'm probably 12 months away from switching my family and business away from BlackBerry after many loyal years. Once people leave a brand because of continuous problems, it takes an awfully long time and a lot of effort to get them back - if ever.

No phone is without it's problems, but when the same problem persists and repeats it does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

I no longer talk positively about my BlackBerry the way I used to - It's a shame.
    This is exactly my thoughts as well. I can no longer recommend blackberry to other people like I used to back in the days of 9900. The double type issue on my Classic still persist after the 10.3.2..and it's horrible
    06-17-15 06:29 AM
    I downgraded from 10.3.2.22204 too. 840 this morning and this double typingg issue is still theree. This time I. Auttoloaded eeveerything including. All languagee files.

It is definitely haardware. Related issuue instead of. Software becuase. It exists from 10.3.1 to 10.3.2 all OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 01:52 PM
    For awhile I had been dealing with some double typing issues. Not a lot but a few that would happen from time to time.

Believe one group and its a software issue and the other says it's hardware problems.

I did my best one night to clean out the keyboard...first with some compressed air...then with some cleaning solutions.

Being mindful of how lint and dust can get into these keys, I make sure that I don't put my phone in my pants pocket or anything like that.

Since the cleaning, no double typing issues at all. And I've sent over 100 emails the last week or so and not once did it double type. Going fast or going slow, nothing.

Keep the keyboard clean from lint and dust and you'll probably see the issue go away.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    06-17-15 02:13 PM
    For awhile I had been dealing with some double typing issues. Not a lot but a few that would happen from time to time.

Believe one group and its a software issue and the other says it's hardware problems.

I did my best one night to clean out the keyboard...first with some compressed air...then with some cleaning solutions.

Being mindful of how lint and dust can get into these keys, I make sure that I don't put my phone in my pants pocket or anything like that.

Since the cleaning, no double typing issues at all. And I've sent over 100 emails the last week or so and not once did it double type. Going fast or going slow, nothing.

Keep the keyboard clean from lint and dust and you'll probably see the issue go away.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Mr President, would you mind teelling. Me wwhich cleaning solution you have applied. On your Classic? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 02:52 PM

You may have dislodged some sticky keys of an extensively contaminated keyboard or you simply experienced a lucky coincidence, whereby doublytyping went away after cleaning.

Truth is there is no meaningful physical way to reach the contacts with any cleaning solution from the outside without a complete disassebly of the keyboard.
    06-17-15 03:08 PM
    Double. Typing makes my Classic almost useless.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 03:57 PM
    Well sorry to hear that. It's very discouraging. There doesn't seem to be much that anybody can do about the problem. Having lived through the q10, I can only sympathize.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 07:42 PM
    I will send back my Classic for repair later.

 Q10 SQN100-3/10.3.2.2204 
    06-18-15 05:11 PM
    It's funny when we never had this issue with the previous older non bb10 devices. There are certain people that are lucky enough since their dt were caused by software problems. But most of us, it is hardware problem. I do aware of the warranty but it is a lot of hassle for me since there is no service centre close to where I live. It will take a few weeks to get it repaired or changes. I don't think I could be separated from my Classic for that long.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.680
    06-18-15 08:57 PM
    Turn off spelling precictions and spell check

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 12:07 AM
    Also the bold. My wife's bold had that issue too, but it happened after a while using it, didnt come like that from factory. i guess was due to usage
    06-19-15 07:56 AM
    It's funny when we never had this issue with the previous older non bb10 devices. There are certain people that are lucky enough since their dt were caused by software problems. But most of us, it is hardware problem. I do aware of the warranty but it is a lot of hassle for me since there is no service centre close to where I live. It will take a few weeks to get it repaired or changes. I don't think I could be separated from my Classic for that long.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.680
    Not to downplay your more than justified frustration and disappointment, I found a way to make the repair doable; or at least the weeks without the device during the repair.

Rogers wanted a $50 deposit to lend me a device other than a BlackBerry 10 device. Before sending in my q10 for its second or third double-typing repair, I went on Kajiji and in a matter of hours arranged to purchase a barely used z10 for only a little more than what Rogers wanted as a deposit. I subsequently backed up my device on the cloud and have switched easily to the z10 for the duration of multiple q10 repairs and now while my Classic is being repaired for the same problem. No more loaners and I have a bb10 device each time.

How sad that it has come to this: if one wants to use a BlackBerry keyboard device, the only foolproof way to do say is with a backup in the cupboard.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 08:02 AM
    I sent my Classic to repair by Telus tonight. The funny thing was I couldn't reproduce the issue when showing it to Telus agent at the store. At the end, he said he would send it back to BlackBerry for repair anyway. The chance is it will come back as what it was because I couldn't even reproduce the problem.

Do you guys think BlackBerry will replace the keyboard after testing it completely? Anyone knows how BlackBerry test keyboard? It's not by BBVE, is it?

06-19-15 11:39 PM
    I had some issues with double typing and the back button. After one month I got a brand new device

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 01:20 AM
    I had some issues with double typing and the back button. After one month I got a brand new device

Posted via CB10
    I guess it is also too much hassle for BlackBerry to repair. They would rather send you a new one instead. Mine has been unlocked. I prefer they would just replace the keyboard.

06-20-15 01:50 AM
419 ... 1011121314 ...