Indeed a very very good development for PKB BlackBerries.

The only regret is it came too late. It costed BlackBerry its reputation.

However, good to knwo the DT issue is solved. My Q10 will be ready for use again and I'll be happy to see the DT issue disappear on my Classic.
    09-05-15 04:12 PM
    The only double typing issues I've ever had on my Classic have been due to my own thumbs "second guessing" themselves sometimes. For example, I may go to type out a word but maybe I'll change my mind about that word right when I'm typing it and it'll make my thumb quiver and sometimes actually double type a letter. I know that it sounds weird, but that's what happens here. If I type fast enough though, it seems like there are no double typing issues whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 06:30 PM
    Typing fast, or slow, I'd get double typed letters. Wasn't a "quiver" on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 08:15 PM
    The only double typing issues I've ever had on my Classic have been due to my own thumbs "second guessing" themselves sometimes. For example, I may go to type out a word but maybe I'll change my mind about that word right when I'm typing it and it'll make my thumb quiver and sometimes actually double type a letter. I know that it sounds weird, but that's what happens here. If I type fast enough though, it seems like there are no double typing issues whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    I do the same thing. It's from typing to fast. After 8 months I did have DT with the Classic from the original launch batch. This ATT models seems to be working great with 2639. They say on the other forum that the DT is "gone" time will tell. Even with the DT this phone is still fast. The only phone faster is the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 06:40 AM
    Indeed a very very good development for PKB BlackBerries.

The only regret is it came too late. It costed BlackBerry its reputation.
    BlackBerry reputation has been in the toilet since 2012. the double typing issue isn't even known by anyone who doesn't own a BlackBerry. get real.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 09:40 AM
    "the double typing issue isn't even known by anyone who doesn't own a BlackBerry"

Quite naturally. But then this discussion is not meant for those people.
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    09-06-15 03:48 PM
    Seems like one of the latest OS leaks specifically addresses the double typing issue!

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 10:30 AM
    Same as mine it's the A and the E. It's not too bad and quite quirky. Doesn't happen all the time though. Had the same issue with my Q20 all random keys.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 10:35 AM
    Seems like one of the latest OS leaks specifically addresses the double typing issue!

Posted via CB10
    Yes - OS 10.3.2.2639 includes a fix for the DT issue - it has been widely reported by many Classic, Q10 and Passport owners that it works 100%.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2639/799 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    kgbbz10 likes this.
    09-07-15 01:25 PM
    Has anyone already mentioned dust as the cause? Every now and then I have double typing, then I blow heavily on the keyboard and its gone.
    09-07-15 03:19 PM
    Has anyone already mentioned dust as the cause? Every now and then I have double typing, then I blow heavily on the keyboard and its gone.
    Lol I agree and eating while texting

"You're only known for the worst thing you do" DSO 1978
    09-07-15 04:40 PM
    This has never helped for me. If dust was the cause it wouldn't be so key-specific when it happens. It's both a hardware/software problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 09:02 PM
    BlackBerry reputation has been in the toilet since 2012. the double typing issue isn't even known by anyone who doesn't own a BlackBerry. get real.

Posted via CB10
    I am sure the carriers did not like dealing with this issue. Unreliability affects sales as the salesman will not push the device if he has to deal with multiple phones with the same issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 09:54 PM
    I was really exciting to get my first BB Classic but by looking at this thread right now, I have to say I'm extremely disappointed... BB is famous for their keykoard but really? Double Typing issue? Really Blackberry??? Maybe I should just stick to my iPhone 6 Plus
    09-08-15 01:42 AM
    I was really exciting to get my first BB Classic but by looking at this thread right now, I have to say I'm extremely disappointed... BB is famous for their keykoard but really? Double Typing issue? Really Blackberry??? Maybe I should just stick to my iPhone 6 Plus
    I have owned 6 Blackberrys that had physical keyboards and never have had any double typing. Had one Bold that had a key that would not type sometimes.

I wouldn't worry. The forums make it sound much more common than it is.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-08-15 02:06 AM
    I have owned 6 Blackberrys that had physical keyboards and never have had any double typing. Had one Bold that had a key that would not type sometimes.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    I don't know. I've never used a BB before and I've heard so many good things about BB keyboard. After 4 years of using iPhones, I want to try something new. I just don't want to waste my money on a phone that can't function normally.
    09-08-15 02:43 AM
    The only problem I have is that I'm from Vietnam! And not many Vietnamese use BB therefore not many BB store in VN! And the waranty policy is definately not as good! I'm just afraid that they're not going to do anything to help me if I have DT issue...
    09-08-15 07:12 AM
    This has never helped for me. If dust was the cause it wouldn't be so key-specific when it happens. It's both a hardware/software problem.

Posted via CB10
    If a grain of dust gets under one certain key it may be very possible that it's causing issues on that particular key.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 11:08 AM

I don't think your experience should be more represantative than that of others:

- my 9100 was double typing, I changed the keyboard twice.
    - my 9780 was double typing, I changed the keboard twice as well.
    - my 9900 was so far the best, it just most recently started double typing, so after 3 years of service
    . I fixed it with a new keyboard.

3x Blackberry keyboard devices, all double typing, some of them even after fixes.
    Sakura1210 likes this.
    09-08-15 12:11 PM
    If a grain of dust gets under one certain key it may be very possible that it's causing issues on that particular key.
    On most Blackberry Models this is nearly impossible. If you ever open a Blackberry
    you will clearly see why.

Hint: the keyboard has a sealed contace membrane under the physical keys.

This was discussed and pointed out millions of times in other threads.
    09-08-15 12:16 PM
    I don't think your experience should be more represantative than that of others:

- my 9100 was double typing, I changed the keyboard twice.
    - my 9780 was double typing, I changed the keboard twice as well.
    - my 9900 was so far the best, it just most recently started double typing, so after 3 years of service
    . I fixed it with a new keyboard.

3x Blackberry keyboard devices, all double typing, some of them even after fixes.
    It's not. It's a subset of forum members, which is already a subset of all BlackBerry users -- and one that likely over-represents how many issues there are in general with BlackBerry hardware since half the reason folks end up on a site like this is to seek assistance with issues.

I'd doubt in the general population of BB owners outside of CB that faulty keyboards are a "common" thing. Forums like this amplify issues as does the tech media. You'd think almost everyone that bought the iPhone 6 Plus has a bent iPhone for example. No so.
    09-08-15 01:17 PM
    I don't know. I've never used a BB before and I've heard so many good things about BB keyboard. After 4 years of using iPhones, I want to try something new. I just don't want to waste my money on a phone that can't function normally.
    Ok. Well there is a warranty. I'd suggest get a BlackBerry and keep your current phone. Then if your BlackBerry should happen to double type within the one year manufacturer warranty period you could send it in to BB for a replacement/repair. If it did it within the carrier's return policy window you could go right back to your carrier for a swap out.

Now over time as the keyboard wears I am not sure if double typing is inevitable or not. I have not had it happen on any phones, BUT I am not an extremely heavy "typer" compared to some who claim to send hundreds of texts per day and stuff like that.
    Sakura1210 likes this.
    09-08-15 01:23 PM
    It's not. It's a subset of forum members, which is already a subset of all BlackBerry users -- and one that likely over-represents how many issues there are in general with BlackBerry hardware since half the reason folks end up on a site like this is to seek assistance with issues.

I'd doubt in the general population of BB owners outside of CB that faulty keyboards are a "common" thing. Forums like this amplify issues as does the tech media. You'd think almost everyone that bought the iPhone 6 Plus has a bent iPhone for example. No so.
    That is true only if people who are otherwise non members of forums, subscribe and chime in solely because they had a double typing problem.

Otherwise I think the crowd on these forums is representatively mixed enough for purposes of evaluating the double type issue.

Indeed as you can tell, it is not only me who had it on multiple devices.
    09-08-15 04:00 PM
    For some reason I like to think that the keyboards like on the 8300 series devices were more durable. Am I the only one who thinks that? When they changed the keyboards like on the Bold 9900 series was when I started having double typing issues. Maybe because the keys get dirtier easier? I dunno.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:02 AM
    Still don't get any dt after the new os download. It's been a while.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2639
    09-17-15 02:55 AM
419 ... 14151617