I guess it is also too much hassle for BlackBerry to repair. They would rather send you a new one instead. Mine has been unlocked. I prefer they would just replace the keyboard.

 Q10 SQN100-3/10.3.2.2204 
    They will just send an unlocked one

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    06-20-15 10:38 AM
    I guess it is also too much hassle for BlackBerry to repair. They would rather send you a new one instead. Mine has been unlocked. I prefer they would just replace the keyboard.
    ...and they resell the other phone as refurbished or to some eBay/Amazon seller...
    06-20-15 11:34 AM
    They will just send an unlocked one

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    I wish BlackBerry would fix mine indeed.

06-20-15 08:30 PM
    All classic user buy it because of the only reason which is qwerty keyboard. This issue prove they spent a lot of money for nothing.
    No matter problem is hardware or software. It is still BB faulty. They can not improve it and can not accept it. Hope this thread is popular to show the fact for the future customers. This kind of company should go to the end soon. They can not serve their loyal customers, how can they survive and get more customers?
    06-21-15 12:32 AM
    Indeed, the DT issue has become a "disease" for the BlackBerry 10 PKB devices.

The PKB is considered to be the main attraction or the key factor why BlackBerry customers choose these devices. And now BB couldn't ask for anything worse than its "stuttering" KBs .

While there are a few discussions on this forum about the cause - whether software or hardware - it is as easier or as difficult to debate whether the hen came first or the egg !

Perhaps BlackBerry should come out and clarify it professionally to its customers.

My Q10 is in my cabinet. Battery out. Not in use. Only reason is the DT problem - which was the main reason why I bought it.

Right now i'm on my Classic and I can very well see some threads about the "DT - part2, old ghost returns to new Classic"
    WT44 likes this.
    06-21-15 12:01 PM
    However, I must mention that the device itself is second to none in terms of quality and workmanship.

Both, Q10 and Classic are well-built devices. Feels premium.

BUt then, the merits are overshadowed by the snags of DT issues.
    06-21-15 12:05 PM
    I just got my Classic back with a replaced keyboard. I have to say, as much as double-typing drives me crazy, it is a great relief to have have a keyboard back after two weeks on a z10.

Posted via CB10
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    06-21-15 09:57 PM
    All classic user buy it because of the only reason which is qwerty keyboard. This issue prove they spent a lot of money for nothing.
    No matter problem is hardware or software. It is still BB faulty. They can not improve it and can not accept it. Hope this thread is popular to show the fact for the future customers. This kind of company should go to the end soon. They can not serve their loyal customers, how can they survive and get more customers?
    Dejavu. Q10 had thousands affected users only on this forum - nothing happened. I've changed 3 keyboards on mine within an year and I gave up. Just saying, don't hope too much. BlackBerry admitting they can't make reliable pkb is like Ferrari admitting their cars are slow.

Posted via CB10
    WT44, Taigatrommel and Denny_Crane like this.
    06-21-15 10:31 PM
    I just got my Classic back with a replaced keyboard. I have to say, as much as double-typing drives me crazy, it is a great relief to have have a keyboard back after two weeks on a z10.

Posted via CB10
    How could you tell you got keyboard replaced instead of a refurbished device? IMEI remains the same?

Thanks.

06-22-15 12:30 AM
    How could you tell you got keyboard replaced instead of a refurbished device? IMEI remains the same?

Thanks.

Correct. Same IMEI and MAC.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 08:16 AM
    Has anyone had experience with Telus for RMA? Did you get a repaired one or refurbished one? The reason I am asking is because I have already unlocked my Classic and use it on Fido. If I got a refurbished but locked phone, I will have to unlock it again.

Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-I337M
    06-28-15 12:08 AM
    It's really odd to me as I just got the classic and I have no issues with the double typing issue that some people are noticing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-29-15 10:55 AM
    Give your Classic a few months to see if this problem develops or not. Most owners experience after 2 months. I also read one user started having the DT issue after dropping the phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 07:28 AM
    The thing is, the legacy phones suffered from this as well.

My 9900 developed it after 4 years of use - mind you it was problem free for the 2.5 years that I used it.

It was after I had left it lying around for 1.5 years once bb10 launched, and I turned it out that I discovered it was plagued by a DT issue.

I bought another used 9900 and it had DT.

If you check the forums you'll see that bbos phones suffered from DT.

The difference it seems, is that DT shows up WAY sooner on these bb10 phones!

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    06-30-15 05:22 PM
    I used to think I was one of the lucky ones, my Classic was problem free for the first 4 months, but then out of the blue it developed the DT issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 09:06 PM
    Sadly mine is starting to get worse now. I'm extremely disappointed with BlackBerry quality control. This is now the third BlackBerry phone in succession that has had problems.

First the microphone on the Z10 failed, then I had really bad DT on Q10, and now on the Classic.

I've started to use my old 9900 again, and sure it is not as versatile as bb10 but for core functionality of email, phone, text and BlackBerry Messenger, it runs rings around the sluggish and heavy Classic.

I'll probably buy a couple more 9900 on ebay for use as a daily work phone. There is simply no point to bb10 anymore, with the possible exception of the Passport because of it's unique form factor, but it's not for me.

My first ever smartphone was a BlackBerry and I've used them exclusively ever since. Sadly that loyalty is finished. I'm no longer interested if BlackBerry succeeds or fails. I certainly won't be buying a new bb10 phone again.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    07-02-15 04:37 AM
    Your sentiment is justified and understandable.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 04:35 PM
    And in case you are still open to it, the Q5 is a pretty great underrated phone with no double typing and at a low price.

Or the Z30 is a very reliable device, although it is a virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    07-02-15 05:13 PM
    Actually my partner has a Z30, which seems like a solid phone. She loves it and the virtual keyboard is impressive, but I prefer a physical keyboard. I had never considered the Q5, might be worth a final shot..
    07-02-15 06:21 PM
    Check out the q5 forums for the commentaries. Not many complaints.

I have a feeling you'll be pleasantly surprised if you end up getting it

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 09:28 PM
    I got my Classic back tonight. Like the guy who issued RMA for me predicted, double tying is still here. Even worse, my Classic went from unlocked back to locked. I don't think it will be able to get unlocked any more. I will have to send it back again. In addition, OS has been downgraded from 10.3.2.840 to 10.3.1.1865 (Telus).
    What should I do now?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    07-04-15 02:52 AM
    My Classic started to develop double typing after three months and got worse day after day.
    Finally went to the service and have it replaced. Since then (two months) no double typing issues, BUT the toolbelt band went up (detaching) near the trackpad.
    Is there another non-BlackBerry smartphone with physical KB, without DT and other bugs on it?!
    I have neither time nor enough patience to wait till BB addresses these problems. They don't even bother with a simple post on this forum, something like "DT is a software/hardware related issue, and we will solve it on our next phone or OS release".
    Maybe BB is not interested in the hardware business anymore But we are BB customers, for God sake...
    Last edited by dan_slack; 07-04-15 at 05:05 PM.
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    07-04-15 04:47 PM
    My Classic started to develop double typing after three months and got worse day after day.
    Finally went to the service and have it replaced. Since then (two months) no double typing issues, BUT the toolbelt band went up (detaching) near the trackpad.
    Is there another non-BlackBerry smartphone with physical KB, without DT and other bugs on it?!
    I have neither time nor enough patience to wait till BB addresses these problems. They don't even bother with a simple post on this forum, something like "DT is a software/hardware related issue, and we will solve it on our next phone or OS release".
    Maybe BB is not interested in the hardware business anymore But we are BB customers, for God sake...
    You may try Q5.

Sent from my SGH-I337M
    07-04-15 05:21 PM
    I have an AT&T BB Classic - it started double typing after 4 months. Last year I went through 4 VZW Q10s and 2 ATT Q10s with double typing issue.
    Ordered the Q5 last night (SQR100-1) - this will be Blackberry's last chance.
    07-04-15 10:50 PM
    Just ran into this issue with the white classic, after about only two weeks of use. It's happening with the space button, causing unnecessary periods to pop up here and there.

Had this issue with the Q10 and I personally replaced four of those keyboards myself to fix the issue for a little while. Sucks that there are zero white classic spare parts out right now to even attempt a personal repair.
    07-05-15 11:59 AM
419 ... 1112131415 ...