Double typing from what I seen elsewhere is not a hardware issue but software issue

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 12:12 AM
    Double typing from what I seen elsewhere is not a hardware issue but software issue
    Wrong
    06-10-15 02:25 AM
    No not wrong. Screenshot was posted of a new OS update showing that there was a fix for the double typing

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 02:32 AM
    No not wrong. Screenshot was posted of a new OS update showing that there was a fix for the double typing

Posted via CB10
    While it is possible that a software patch could technically stop double-typing by ignoring key presses within X number of milliseconds of each other, the root issue is still faulty hardware. And even at that, I'll believe it when I see it tested for an extended period of time.

I am a heavy user of my BlackBerry keyboard and I've had this issue develop and get worse over time on almost every device since my 9780 back in 2010. That's 5 years and about 5 fault keyboards in that time. Maybe more.
    06-10-15 02:42 AM
    I myself have some double typing on my classic but it isn't too bad and the phone is less than 2 months old. I have a different issue to deal with. A faulty end call button which I'm gonna go in and have the store replace the phone

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 03:01 AM
    I just bought my second Classic today. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to teest it before makingg the deal. Look at the uncorrected ttyping on this thread, almost every. Leeteer is affected. I am not a fast typing person; however, those doublee typings pop up baddly.

Posted via Classic
    06-13-15 02:20 AM
    Should I keep this Classic or sell it? this is so annoying now.

Posted via Classic
    06-13-15 02:23 AM
    For the love of everything that is BlackBerry, can we please put this argument to bed already.

Some cases are caused by hardware (my Q10 keyboard) and some are software (Z30 and software keys on Passport)

I hop no on coms and trys to tll me that my Q10 issus are not hardwar rlatd because I have a dead "e" ky that I have to button mash like a vido gam to get to work. And ys everything abov I had to button mash to get to work so my sntncs would look right and this final paragraph I wrot by only hitting my "e" ky as it should be usd, once

�The Berrylution will not be televised� Stupid. Double typeeing kyboard �
    06-13-15 02:42 AM
    For the love of everything that is BlackBerry, can we please put this argument to bed already.

Some cases are caused by hardware (my Q10 keyboard) and some are software (Z30 and software keys on Passport)

I hop no on coms and trys to tll me that my Q10 issus are not hardwar rlatd because I have a dead "e" ky that I have to button mash like a vido gam to get to work. And ys everything abov I had to button mash to get to work so my sntncs would look right and this final paragraph I wrot by only hitting my "e" ky as it should be usd, once

�The Berrylution will not be televised� Stupid. Double typeeing kyboard �
    Yours is much worse than mine.

Posted via Classic
    Fiedka likes this.
    06-13-15 03:00 AM
    I just bought my second Classic today. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to teest it before makingg the deal. Look at the uncorrected ttyping on this thread, almost every. Leeteer is affected. I am not a fast typing person; however, those doublee typings pop up baddly.

Posted via Classic
    You can try to get the latest 10.3.2 OS on that device, it is said it would feature a software based fix for double-typing or at least a solution which improves the issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 05:20 AM
    This double typing issue has now got so irritating, I can barely stand it.

For a company who were quick to take a jibe at Apple during the entire bendgate fiasco, you would expect at least an acknowledgment of the problem and an assurance that they are working to fix it!

Posted via CB10
    Taigatrommel, t.c.3, ma678 and 1 others like this.
    06-13-15 07:22 AM
    You can try to get the latest 10.3.2 OS on that device, it is said it would feature a software based fix for double-typing or at least a solution which improves the issue.

Posted via CB10
    I'm already on the latest 10.3.2.2204 which seems to make no difference. That's why I always think it's a hardware issue.

Posted via Classic
    06-13-15 04:37 PM
    This double typing issue has now got so irritating, I can barely stand it.

For a company who were quick to take a jibe at Apple during the entire bendgate fiasco, you would expect at least an acknowledgment of the problem and an assurance that they are working to fix it!

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it will happen.

Posted via Classic
    06-13-15 04:38 PM
    My problem is the phonee I bought is not from my carrier. Even if it's under warranty, no one wouuld take care oof it.

Posted via Classic
    06-13-15 04:39 PM
    If the problem is big enough, even the most loyal BlackBerry users will start to get fed up. I'm probably 12 months away from switching my family and business away from BlackBerry after many loyal years. Once people leave a brand because of continuous problems, it takes an awfully long time and a lot of effort to get them back - if ever.

No phone is without it's problems, but when the same problem persists and repeats it does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

I no longer talk positively about my BlackBerry the way I used to - It's a shame.
    I agree. I have thinking about buying the Classic in so long time, but still I haven't bought it even though I really want that kind of BlackBerry with physical keyboard and touch pad...

The reason is double typing. I don't wanna pay for another phone with exactly the same problem as in my Q10.

Physical keyboard was the biggest selling point of BlackBerry. When it repeats in failing, I'm afraid to say that I'm almost done with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 06:02 PM
    This is my second Classic which seems to have double typing issue since day 1. I doubt the previous sold it because of this issue, too. He didn't mention to me at the point of sales, though.

My first one didn't develop the issue when I sold it.

I know most of times when I buy a Q10 or Classic, I am like gambling because I almost predict what it will happen. I still love these two models badly.

Posted via Classic
    06-13-15 11:39 PM
    I would like to know how many of those who have double typing keep their phone without pouch.

Yes, it should not matter, but I bet it does and hence my question.

I belive double typing is due to a combination of heat and moisture, which introduces changes to the keyboard membrane.
    06-14-15 11:27 AM
    I would like to know how many of those who have double typing keep their phone without pouch.

Yes, it should not matter, but I bet it does and hence my question.

I belive double typing is due to a combination of heat and moisture, which introduces changes to the keyboard membrane.
    This is an interesting thought, but I don't use a pouch (I use a case and have a clear skin affixed, but no pouch or holster), I am a firm pocketer when it comes to mobile devices or my bags/purses when needed. I spend most of my days outdoors and in humidity/moisture-laden areas (I run an organic cooperative as a side endeavor which has me front and center in the heat and moisture often). I have NO double-typing issues... My keyboard functions like a boss...

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 11:37 AM
    I do use a pouch and work in an office and have developed full blown double-typing.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 03:42 PM
    My classic triple types, but I will stick around, bb10 is currently the best os. I now use a q5 that is surprisingly a very capable little device, and it has no keyboard issues.
    06-14-15 05:48 PM
    I agree. I have thinking about buying the Classic in so long time, but still I haven't bought it even though I really want that kind of BlackBerry with physical keyboard and touch pad...

The reason is double typing. I don't wanna pay for another phone with exactly the same problem as in my Q10.

Physical keyboard was the biggest selling point of BlackBerry. When it repeats in failing, I'm afraid to say that I'm almost done with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    If you can pass the premium feel bs get a q5, perfect little phone, no keyboard issues whatsoever.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    06-14-15 06:49 PM
    I second that. The Q5 is what we expect in terms of reliability and functionality. It's actually very good and underrated.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 07:40 PM
    Mine is on and off. I know it's still under warranty but it will take a while if I send it of for checking or replacement. I just can't handle my day without it.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.680
    06-15-15 12:25 AM
    My daughter accidentally grabbed my phone on the sofa and threw it on the cold tile floor.. maybe that's why some letters sort of show DT. But I pray that DT will not show again in the near future. Have had this phone since January and I'm hammering it like a maniac.

Posted via  Clicky Classic 
    06-15-15 12:43 AM
    Quick solution... Bin it and get a Q5.

Posted via C5303
    06-15-15 01:14 AM
419 ... 910111213 ...