I haven't experienced the 'double type' problem, but the self inserted periods drive me NUTS!

Posted via CB10
    Then you are experiencing double typing, just with the space bar which is giving you the period.
    05-24-15 10:53 PM
    Sadly my Classic is slowly moving from the odd double type (which I could deal with) to a more regular problem. It's not as bad as my old Q10 yet, but the same pattern is emerging.

The only thing that keeps me with BlackBerry is the keyboard. But slowly the disadvantage of this problem is making the keyboard increasingly redundant in terms of efficiency.

It's a real shame. I never had a problem with any of my pre 10 BlackBerry phones.

This is likely to be my last BlackBerry - they've had their second chance and screwed it up.
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    05-24-15 11:00 PM
    Sadly my Classic is slowly moving from the odd double type (which I could deal with) to a more regular problem. It's not as bad as my old Q10 yet, but the same pattern is emerging.

The only thing that keeps me with BlackBerry is the keyboard. But slowly the disadvantage of this problem is making the keyboard increasingly redundant in terms of efficiency.

It's a real shame. I never had a problem with any of my pre 10 BlackBerry phones.

This is likely to be my last BlackBerry - they've had their second chance and screwed it up.
    Agree. I was considering to buy Classic, because I'm tired of double typing on my Q10, but now you say that it's the same as Q10 issue, I don't want to.

Posted via CB10
    Sakura1210 likes this.
    05-25-15 04:57 AM
    BlackBerry creates worst keyboards for their phones witch develop double-typing sooner or later, but yet again that is their main selling point - that is how bad they are.
    Classic with 10.3.1.1779, and cant finish one sentence without prooblems.
    05-25-15 06:17 AM
    Is it possible to raise a case at BlackBerry, like all the users who are facing this problem? Obviously not in a threatening letter or similar vulgarity.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 07:06 AM
    You mean like a petition? Someone who has the time would need to organize that project in a smart way.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 09:22 AM
    Well yes, kinda like that, but truth to be told, maybe i'm getting naive when it comes to "consumers vs mammoth companies".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-25-15 09:28 AM
    And BlackBerry can't use bad publicity right now..

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-25-15 12:27 PM
    And BlackBerry can't use bad publicity right now..
    If this is a persistent issue then they deserve all the bad rep they'll get.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Taigatrommel and WES51 like this.
    05-25-15 12:34 PM
    My Classic DT is getting so bad the phone is practically unusable. The vowels were bad and getting worse and now the space bar is starting. I called Verizon and ordered a replacement. We will see how that goes.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 03:15 PM
    Good luck with the replacement. I had it on the Q10 and I know how frustrating it can be. It's crazy making.

As a community, we probably need a BlackBerry double typing support group to help work through our issues.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 06:35 PM
    If this is a persistent issue then they deserve all the bad rep they'll get.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Exactly. It's not like this is a new issue. The problems which plagued the Q10 are well documented around here. Sure, a lot of users never experienced any double-typing, yet it seems to be the number one problem with that device. Also first reports appeared almost two years ago, enough time to investigate the cause if you ask me.

Even before the Classic and Passport were available, there was lots of talk regarding a return of the double-typing. Insiders like DHabkirk assured a couple of times, BlackBerry fixed the problem and both devices won't suffer from it. So much for credibility of those "insiders".

Now we have the Classic, the problems appear again and even the timeframe is comparable, three to six months after buying. There is no excuse for going easy on BlackBerry here. They had their chance to fix or at least communicate about double-typing when the Q10 was still the PKB flagship. Nothing happened.
    Even now they are silent, not a single word about what's happening. The only thing which keeps me with BlackBerry is the keyboard. Seriously, once some other device with a physical keyboard appears again, regardless of the OS, I'll try it out.

Even if we rise a ****storm on social media which might get attention on some major tech blogs, I could only welcome that. BlackBerry summoned it by themselves. For example I first reported Classic double-typing late of January, not even a month after purchase. Got a PM here on Crackberry from a BlackBerry rep, asking me to send them an e-mail. I did, I told them I had some rare random double-typing and I would give them further details of my device if needed. Never got a single reply. I guess they don't care, they sold the device and got their money, and what is an individual customer worth in the world of enterprise audience anyways?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 07:51 AM
    I have mine since last march and it started to double tap.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 09:03 AM
    I absolutely cant stand this dang double-typing!!!! Me and my wife's phone both does it..I dont think she notices, but I do when it looks like this..."Hey. Babe. Hhow is. Your. Day??" So dang annoying!!!!!
    05-29-15 10:36 AM
    Got a PM here on Crackberry from a BlackBerry rep, asking me to send them an e-mail. I did, I told them I had some rare random double-typing and I would give them further details of my device if needed. Never got a single reply.
    Not wanting to derail the discussion, but I find that very interesting.

Do you feel like the it really was Blackberry or an could it be an impostor?

The reason it interest me, because I was wondering for a long time if Blackberry even cares to read what we are writing here.

Again, I hope I won't derail the descussion about double typing and this won't turn into another discussion, I'm just asking how convinced you are that that pm was legit.
    05-30-15 10:43 AM
    If the problem is big enough, even the most loyal BlackBerry users will start to get fed up. I'm probably 12 months away from switching my family and business away from BlackBerry after many loyal years. Once people leave a brand because of continuous problems, it takes an awfully long time and a lot of effort to get them back - if ever.

No phone is without it's problems, but when the same problem persists and repeats it does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

I no longer talk positively about my BlackBerry the way I used to - It's a shame.
    Alattin Simsek likes this.
    05-31-15 04:13 AM
    have any of u guys tried to turn off the "Period shortcut" (press space twice for period) in keyboard setting.
    works for me.
    The reason it works for you is because only your space bar is currently affected. But it won't solve your problem when (if) other keys start to double type.
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    05-31-15 04:17 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry is doing it on purpose so they'll have an excuse to get rid of their hardware division.

Posted via C5303
    05-31-15 04:36 AM
    My classic has double typing on 5+ keys within one month. Sent it back for a replacement and then sold it

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 10:21 AM
    Not wanting to derail the discussion, but I find that very interesting.

Do you feel like the it really was Blackberry or an could it be an impostor?

The reason it interest me, because I was wondering for a long time if Blackberry even cares to read what we are writing here.

Again, I hope I won't derail the descussion about double typing and this won't turn into another discussion, I'm just asking how convinced you are that that pm was legit.
    It could always be an impostor, as usual within any 3rd party plattforms like forums or social networks, it's hard to confirm one's identity and easy to fake one. On the other hand, the message was decently written, the name of the guy who was using the account also posts sometimes on the BlackBerry Inside blog, as part as their social media team. The e-mail he provided at least was a legit BlackBerry mail address.

Personally the only reason to see why it couldn't be legit was the fact I never got a reply, however, an it is sad to say so, we are talking about BlackBerry here. I have virtually lost faith in that company when it comes to the will to solve problems or even care for customer interest. Especially when it comes to individual, non-business customers. They sold the device, they got their money and they carry on.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 11:19 PM
    I started having the same problem suddenly a week back. So far oonly letter o and a. What to do. Plus I think BlackBerry classic does something to the mobile signal. It is atrocious but same place, same network, different phone works fine. Please helpp
    06-01-15 09:53 AM
    I started having the same problem suddenly a week back. So far oonly letter o and a. What to do. Plus I think BlackBerry classic does something to the mobile signal. It is atrocious but same place, same network, different phone works fine. Please helpp
    Pretty simple: Contact your carrier or shop and claim warranty, you can't fix this yourself, especially considering there are virtually no replacement parts available for the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 04:11 AM
    I aam disappointed to have joined the BBC Double-Typing Club. It took twice as long to reach the point of needing to do something about it as compared to the numerous Q10s that I went. Through, but here I am.
    For some reason, I was more angry when my Q10s developed it; perhaps because I still expected BlackBerry to step up to the plate and deal with it.
    At this poinnt, I can only chalk it up to my own stupidity and stubbornness. There was no rational basis. To assume that BlackBerry would address it for this device after ignorring it on the highly promoted Q10. It was foolish to hold out any faith at all in BlackBerry.

(please ignore. Typos. I. Have not corrected double lletters or added spaces resulting in periods in the middle of sentences.)

Posted Via Classic SQC100-4/10.3.1.2072 CB10
    06-05-15 05:53 AM
    Add me to the list of users with this issue. The issue may be on other keys (not enough for me to notice) but for sure my spacebar has serious issues with double typing. I have been fighting with it for months, after reading this thread I have just turned off the period shortcut which will help making the glitches easier to clean up, however I instantly miss being able to purposely double press space for a new sentence.

My keyboard also makes a cracking sound often. There is no dirt in it, either some plastic is binding or it is the sound of some adhesive sticking and unsticking, mostly this is with my A key.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 11:58 PM
    Add me to the list of users with this issue. The issue may be on other keys (not enough for me to notice) but for sure my spacebar has serious issues with double typing. I have been fighting with it for months, after reading this thread I have just turned off the period shortcut which will help making the glitches easier to clean up, however I instantly miss being able to purposely double press space for a new sentence.

My keyboard also makes a cracking sound often. There is no dirt in it, either some plastic is binding or it is the sound of some adhesive sticking and unsticking, mostly this is with my A key.

Posted via CB10
    Cracking sounds on two keys (as well as back button), occasional double-typing and a screen that isn't 100% flat were the reasons why I have sent in my phone. These are hardware issues and the only way to cure them would be related to warranty.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 12:09 AM
419 ... 89101112 ...