have any of u guys tried to turn off the "Period shortcut" (press space twice for period) in keyboard setting.
    works for me.
    What works for you? What are you replying to?

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    04-03-15 01:21 AM
    What works for you? What are you replying to?

the double type issue, sorry didn't read the topic in last page
    04-03-15 01:26 AM
    the double type issue, sorry didn't read the topic in last page
    Didn't work. I just typed out the alphabet six times and the 'N' and 'R' were affected at least once.

04-03-15 02:08 AM
    Didn't work. I just typed out the alphabet six times and the 'N' and 'R' were affected at least once.

hmmphh. weird. it works for me though :/
    04-03-15 06:26 AM
    I'll shut off the period shortcut and see if it works. I'll report back

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 06:44 AM

Mate he is talking about the period appearing, due to the 'double type' issue with the space bar. I have it on my classic and what he suggested worked. Problem is you lose convenience of that option.
    04-03-15 07:37 AM
    I too thought he was suggesting it for a general fix, not just for the period. I don't have a problem with the period. Just the occasional double letter. Disabling the period doesn't help that.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 10:15 AM
    Now my Classic is also infected with the double-typing issue. I have mine since the 19th December.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 10:44 AM
    Got mine on launch day in November. Sporadic double-type issues started pretty quickly and got progressively worse over time. The last week or so has gotten quite bad. Not looking forward to dealing with Digital River for warranty work; nor am I looking forward to being without my Classic for whatever crazy time they'll need it for.
    04-06-15 09:38 PM
    This is truly so sad to hear guys...I really believed they had gotten this issue fixed.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    04-06-15 11:28 PM
    I first witnessed my phone double type the letter 'o' after reading this thread when my phone was about a month old. It was also the time at which I had become completely comfortable with the keyboard and therefore knew it was a genuine double type rather than a user error.

If I hadn't have read this thread, I am not sure if I would have ever actually realised my phone did this because it happens so rarely.

When I first noticed it, I opened up a blank message and typed o o o o o o o o o o o o (afflicted letter followed by the space bar repeatedly). It didn't matter how fast or slow I pressed the keys nor for how long I did this test for (I filled up an entire screen) - I could not make my phone double type on purpose. The only way it happens is during a sentence in the middle of a long document.

Due to the fact that I can't get my phone to type 'o' twice by pressing the key (followed by space bar) repeatedly as fast as I can / at normal pace / slowly and it only happens in the middle of long sentences then I can't understand how this could be a physical issue with the keyboard. It also isn't just the 'o' key I have seen double type it has also been the 'i' and 'a' keys.

It is my theory that this is a software issue, the reason I think people first experience it after a month or so is because this is the same time users become familiar with and confident using the keyboard (muscle memory) and therefore do not pass it off as user error. The user then notices the double type every time it happens and therefore it appears as if it is happening 'more often'. - This is just my theory.

Irrespective, the double typing issue on my classic happens so infrequently that it doesn't affect the overall usability or function of the phone, generally auto-correct fixes the word anyway - it's just the initial moment after seeing it happen that is so bloody frustrating because everything else on the device is so perfect and typing on the classic feels so damn good!

To the people who are sending their phones back for return / replacement: Can you recreate the malfunction through pressing the affected key once followed by the space bar repeatedly?

Storm 2 > Bold 9900 > Classic
    04-07-15 03:01 AM
    And DHABRIK told us all BBY fixed the Keyboard problems on the Classic for 100%....
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    04-07-15 04:25 AM
    It is my theory that this is a software issue, the reason I think people first experience it after a month or so is because this is the same time users become familiar with and confident using the keyboard (muscle memory) and therefore do not pass it off as user error. The user then notices the double type every time it happens and therefore it appears as if it is happening 'more often'. - This is just my theory.
    Going to disagree with you there. This is my 4th BlackBerry that's had the infamous double typing issue (9780, 9900, Q10, Classic). It's poor quality hardware that can potentially be mitigated with a software patch that ignores the double entry and only outputs a single character in certain scenarios. Underlying issue is hardware though. And it's definitely not in my head or anything to do with my learning curve.

It's interesting I never had this issue on my 8130, 8330, 9630, 9700, or 9800 though. This tells me that BlackBerry has cheaped out over the years. I'm disappointed to say the least.
    04-07-15 06:44 PM
    Fist it was the "." and now I would like to add on the fact that it happens on the "?" of the touch keys as well.

Le sigh...

So the Passport doesn't make use of an onscreen keyboard?

I'm well aware of the Passport having a physical keyboard, as I have owned one. But because it only has three rows, BlackBerry incorporated a version of a software keyboard on the screen for numbers and special characters...

Thus, my comment regarding the software keyboard of the Passport. I hope that clears up confusion for you.

If you scroll up to post #190, you can read a Passport user's findings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-05-15 02:08 PM
    Does anyone that has the verizon classic have the double typing issue?
    05-05-15 02:12 PM
    My Classic had the double typing issue after 1 month. I took it to the customer service and they checked. They said that because of "software problem". Then it ran normally for a long time. Few days ago, the double typing came back for a while, then I wipe my Classic. Everything back to normal, but it starts to have the problem again (2 hours ago).
    05-05-15 02:37 PM
    How long of a warranty does this phone have again, if purchased new from a major carrier? How have people's experiences been regarding warranty replacements for double typing?
    05-05-15 03:14 PM
    How long of a warranty does this phone have again, if purchased new from a major carrier? How have people's experiences been regarding warranty replacements for double typing?
    1 year from the date of purchase.
    05-07-15 08:16 AM
    1 year from the date of purchase.
    ...and in the US certain major credit card companies double that warranty for up to 1 year extra.

In other words, if you buy if with such credit card, you have 2 years.
    05-07-15 09:01 AM
    Started to have this problem only recently. I doubt it has something to do with software because this only happened after last OS update. I'm now using 10.3.1.1779

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 01:16 PM
    Started to have this problem only recently. I doubt it has something to do with software because this only happened after last OS update. I'm now using 10.3.1.1779

Posted via CB10
    Mine also start to have this problem since OS 10.3.1.1779. Thinking about downgrade to test. Will update result later.
    05-08-15 03:00 PM
    Have been using my Classic for almost a month now exclusively and have not seen any indication of double typing or mis-behaving apps. only issue with mine is that I keep getting a notification to login into my Gmail account even though mail is working fine. I hope that you can find an answer for your issue.
    I had the same issue with notifications to login to accounts that were already working. I downloaded the app Accounts Cleaner from BlackBerry World and it fixed the issue. Run the app and it will list a bunch of accounts. I just deleted all the accounts under the external section and it solved the issue.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 03:50 PM
    The strongest strenght of BlackBerry is not a strenght anymore. One less reason for buying BlackBerry. That's really bad

Well I accepted on my Q10, but how can they release Classic without fixing this!?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 09:38 AM
    Did any of you go through Bell Mobility to get this fixed? I am debating going to the store since my device is still under warranty, but was wondering what the process is like.
    05-24-15 10:19 AM
    I haven't experienced the 'double type' problem, but the self inserted periods drive me NUTS!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 09:08 PM
419 ... 7891011 ...