I notice a certain pattern. Let's just say it happens one second out of every few minutes of typing. It'll only occur during that second. If my paragraph starts with 'Where are you' it'll look like 'Wherree. Aree. Yoou' then the rest of the paragraph is fine. A few minutes later when I type 'burger and fries' it'll look like 'burrgeer. And. Frriees' then it'll be no issue for another few minutes. Wonder what is the cause.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    03-15-15 04:04 AM
    Got mine in December 29, so just under 3 months ago, and double typing just started yesterday. It happens with various keys. Not always, but often enough to annoy me (probably once every 100 presses). I really think it's more of a software issue, it came just after updating to 10.3.1.2576. Actually I've had it before, but it was really rare, like once or twice a week. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    03-17-15 09:03 PM
    Let me say this:
    The tragedy of BlackBerry is that customers think that BlackBerry will change, but it doesn't. And BlackBerry thinks that customers won't change, but they do.

Posted via CB10
    That should be opening line of a Greek tragedy.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 12:28 PM
    Believe it or not, my double typing issue with the space bar has stopped. I guess using it loosened the key up or something like that. It hasn't happened once in a whole week.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 08:34 AM
    Apparently this is happening to the Passport as well. Mind occurred after I updated to 10.3.1. This bug is happening randomly to select few though. Those who do not encounter this bug keep suggesting it's a hardware problem. I know and everyone who have this problem knows it's definitely a software problems and it's super annoying. Blackberry please fix this.

Got mine in December 29, so just under 3 months ago, and double typing just started yesterday. It happens with various keys. Not always, but often enough to annoy me (probably once every 100 presses). I really think it's more of a software issue, it came just after updating to 10.3.1.2576. Actually I've had it before, but it was really rare, like once or twice a week. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    03-23-15 06:45 AM
    What's the problem here? Contact seller and insist on getting a replacement. BlackBerry has the worst quality control I've seen in a while.
    The only way they will decide to improve it is if you all complain to them and send for warranty.
    And make sure you don't pay a penny to get it repaired.
    03-23-15 07:21 AM
    Apparently this is happening to the Passport as well. Mind occurred after I updated to 10.3.1. This bug is happening randomly to select few though. Those who do not encounter this bug keep suggesting it's a hardware problem. I know and everyone who have this problem knows it's definitely a software problems and it's super annoying. Blackberry please fix this.
    Why would I KNOW it's a SW problem, rather than HW?
    The problem started on my Classic #1 after ~3 months of use.
    Now I have a replacement, also on the latest OS version, and there is no problem at all (yet?).
    I'm pretty sure it's HW not SW related.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-23-15 07:42 AM
    On the Q10, it was absolutely proved to be a hardware problem. The jury is still out on the newer devices. As it doesn't seem to be as prevalent on the newer devices it will be harder to determine.

Posted Via Classic SQC100-4/10.3.1.2072 CB10
    03-23-15 07:56 AM
    Because it only happens within certain apps. Especially the Text Message and browser is the two most obvious apps that happens the most. When I went back to 10.3.0 it's fine and going forward again to 10.3.1 it happens again. Also there is a slight delay when it double letter like like as if the OS is thinking weather to register two or one letter.

Like I said, if BlackBerry doesn't fix this problem people are sending it in for warranty for the wrong reasons.

Why would I KNOW it's a SW problem, rather than HW?
    The problem started on my Classic #1 after ~3 months of use.
    Now I have a replacement, also on the latest OS version, and there is no problem at all (yet?).
    I'm pretty sure it's HW not SW related.
    03-23-15 08:18 AM
    If it can be repaired using hardware, then it is a hardware problem.

I repaired a few of these already using hardware.

The hardware is called keyboard membrane.

I posted about that earlier in this thread.

Having said all that, a software fix could possibly fix the issue. There is no reason to keep keyboard input open immidiately after a key has been pressed. In other words once a keypress input has been detected, the system could simply ignore additional input of the same key for a few milliseconds. That might effectively alleviate the issue.

I don't understand why this would not work and why Blackberry did not release such fix yet.
    03-23-15 10:20 AM
    a software fix could possibly fix the issue.
    A software fix would solve the issue for sure.

A simple fix. Detect multiple letter input, and remove the excess. (compare finished word to known list of double letter words)

Not doing anything is hurting BlackBerry. I will never buy a Classic after reading this thread, especially since an iTard built it with glue and tape instead of screws.
    03-23-15 10:50 AM
    If it's a software issue, then it was also also an issue in the software used before BB10. My 9930 had it with the space bar.

From the Z30
    03-23-15 11:35 AM
    These reports are what held me back from getting the Classic and Passport. I have retired the double typing Q10 and use the Z30 at home and the Q5 for work. Both the 30 and the 5 work as they're supposed to (which is to be expected! ) I'm quite impressed with how convenient and reliable the Q5 is. The specs are just fine for my basic communications needs ie email, text and BBM, and it's very comfortable to use with the soft shell case.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 12:22 PM
    Maybe don't eat greasy burgers and then handle your Classic. Maybe it's all the 'hand scum' causing this. Just jokes, lol. I don't have this problem so it's easy for me to make stupid jokes.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 07:09 PM
    I also want to point out that on the Passport the period doubles as well and that symbol is part of the touch screen. There have been people reporting this same instances.
    04-02-15 07:03 AM
    I also want to point out that on the Passport the period doubles as well and that symbol is part of the touch screen. I'm not the only one because there have been people reporting this same instance.
    Oh wow. So the touchscreen characters are also registering the double typing for you and others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-02-15 07:04 AM
    Yes. And I have downgraded my OS to 10.3.0 and the problem went away. Used it for 3 days without the double letter then I re-updated to 10.3.1 the problem came back again. More proof that it's software related.

Oh wow. So the touchscreen characters are also registering the double typing for you and others?

04-02-15 07:09 AM
    Yes. And I have downgraded my OS to 10.3.0 and the problem went away. Used it for 3 days without the double letter then I re-updated to 10.3.1 the problem came back again. More proof that it's software related.
    Definitely proof that it has to be software related in some respect. Which I guess would make sense for fairly new devices to experience the issue. (On the bolds of years past, it was generally the actual keyboard membrane that caused double typing and this was evident on taking the device apart.)

This is kind of crazy.

04-02-15 07:11 AM
    Ive noticed in the last week that my classic is double typing letters lately a lot.. is this a hardware issue or a software problem

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 08:43 AM
    Ive noticed in the last week that my classic is double typing letters lately a lot.. is this a hardware issue or a software problem

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, it seems your guess is as good as anyone else's at this point. Some have maintained that it is hardware. But others are finding that the software keyboard is also double typing as well.

04-02-15 08:44 AM
    Does this only happen on devices with physical keyboards?
    04-02-15 08:53 AM
    Does this only happen on devices with physical keyboards?
    Some users are reporting that it is also happening with the software keyboard of the Passport. I have not heard of it happening on full touchscreen devices.

Does anyone know of someone with the issue on all touch devices?

04-02-15 08:55 AM
    Some users are reporting that it is also happening with the software keyboard of the Passport.
    Can you explain this in a less confusing way, please.

FYI, the keyboard on a PP is physical.
    04-02-15 11:29 AM
    Can you explain this in a less confusing way, please.

FYI, the keyboard on a PP is physical.
    Le sigh...

So the Passport doesn't make use of an onscreen keyboard?

I'm well aware of the Passport having a physical keyboard, as I have owned one. But because it only has three rows, BlackBerry incorporated a version of a software keyboard on the screen for numbers and special characters...

Thus, my comment regarding the software keyboard of the Passport. I hope that clears up confusion for you.

If you scroll up to post #190, you can read a Passport user's findings.

04-02-15 11:37 AM
    have any of u guys tried to turn off the "Period shortcut" (press space twice for period) in keyboard setting.
    works for me.
    TinMan555 likes this.
    04-02-15 04:08 PM
419 ... 678910 ...