Why 'no, no and no'? The Q10 issue has been resolved. There is a way to fix the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 12:12 AM
    Why 'no, no and no'? The Q10 issue has been resolved. There is a way to fix the keyboard.
    Replacing a Q kb is easy peasy. Screws. Classic not so much... they taped and glued that ***** together.
    Q10Bold and WES51 like this.
    02-28-15 12:26 AM
    I'm just starting to get double-typing on the 'I' 'N' and 'R' as well. This is in addition to the frequency of 'E' and spacebar.

I had the Torch 9800 for two years. I never once suffered from double-typing. I only had the Classic for two months. What are they doing differently with the keyboard on the Legacy devices and with BB10 devices? This is madness!

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    02-28-15 03:18 PM
    I'm just starting to get double-typing on the 'I' 'N' and 'R' as well. This is in addition to the frequency of 'E' and spacebar.

I had the Torch 9800 for two years. I never once suffered from double-typing. I only had the Classic for two months. What are they doing differently with the keyboard on the Legacy devices and with BB10 devices? This is madness!

Well the 9900 had reports of double typing too. So legacy devices weren't immune. Mine 9900 had a bad case of it toward the end of its life. But the Q10 probably had the most instances of this issue. Hopefully the Classic avoids that fate.

Posted via CB10
    FobiddenRiceman likes this.
    02-28-15 03:57 PM

Same here...18 days of purchase and here we go. But I really feel it's a software glitch...happened after I updated my os to 1565. The frequency is less but it's annoying and scary! Fingers crossed for the next update

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:20 PM
    Strange. Never had such issues with any of my previous Bolds. Just started having it with the Passport after 4 months. No accidental drops or anything. I must admit it's random; haven�t figured out which letters are most affected while the autocorrect function seems to minimise the effect.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 02:15 AM
    Yes it happens. The spacebar and "a" key. But here's my take on the entire double-typing issue- maybe it's not BlackBerry's fault, maybe it's related to us ;the users. I think it's the way some of us type, the way we press the buttons. I am one of them. Think about it people who experience it keep on receiving faulty handsets and people who get "lucky" feel that's it's just a myth. Maybe I'm wrong...but it's Maybe.

Posted via CB10
    Even if you are correct, to suppose that more than half of Q10 users abuse their keyboards is silly. Rather BlackBerry must redefine normal use and cater to it.

Posted Via Classic SQC100-4/10.3.1.2072 CB10
    03-01-15 07:55 AM
    Now I am convinced that it's a software glitch of BlackBerry. I mean how can different devices like Q10, classic and now the passport using different keyboards made up of different materials have a common problem. Moreover it's random keys, if it was a single key always then maybe it was a hardware fault. All of the devices have one thing common, they run BlackBerry os!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 12:42 PM
    Now I am convinced that it's a software glitch of BlackBerry. I mean how can different devices like Q10, classic and now the passport using different keyboards made up of different materials have a common problem. Moreover it's random keys, if it was a single key always then maybe it was a hardware fault. All of the devices have one thing common, they run BlackBerry os!

Posted via CB10
    I think before making that conclusion we have to try to fix Classics keyboard. If it doesn't work then probably in Classics case it's software issue. But honestly, having my experience in fixing Q10 keyboard I can say its 100% defo hardware problem.
    Most of those who have been saying that Q10 double typing issue is related to software were just trying to hide their head in sand. Read related Q10 thread. It took almost a year to find and admit this is HARDWARE.
    Sorry about Classic. Really disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8063781) and WES51 like this.
    03-01-15 01:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure that the new devices use different materials and a different keyboard mechanism?

I can assure you that several of the devices prior to the Q10 used the same mechanism and materials.

I have swapped components between a Bold 9900 and Q10 keyboard with good results, and the basic construction of those keyboards is the same. You can see the "guts" of the keyboard in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ly-too-954608/ You can also see that repairing or replacing the keyboard solves the problem.

I suspect that the new devices also use the same contact board/disc/membrane setup too, and are equally likely to be affected by hypersensitivity and double-typing. If someone wants to let me tear apart the keyboard in their new Classic or Passport, I'll confirm it

On the Q10, certain keys were more likely to be affected by the hypersensitivity problem, but all of the keys have the same construction, and could be affected.
    ilmizi likes this.
    03-01-15 01:11 PM
    Are you sure that the new devices use different materials and a different keyboard mechanism?

I can assure you that several of the devices prior to the Q10 used the same mechanism and materials.

I have swapped components between a Bold 9900 and Q10 keyboard with good results, and the basic construction of those keyboards is the same. You can see the "guts" of the keyboard in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ly-too-954608/ You can also see that repairing or replacing the keyboard solves the problem.

I suspect that the new devices also use the same contact board/disc/membrane setup too, and are equally likely to be affected by hypersensitivity and double-typing. If someone wants to let me tear apart the keyboard in their new Classic or Passport, I'll confirm it

On the Q10, certain keys were more likely to be affected by the hypersensitivity problem, but all of the keys have the same construction, and could be affected.
    You are absolutely right. BTW The keyboard and materials statement was hinting towards passport. Because the passport has a capacitive keyboard so I assumed it uses different materials and Mechanism.

But in my case, things were a bit different. I had the bold 9900 which had this issue. Never knew this would be a such a big problem later. Then got a Q10 in 2014 and it was plagued by double typing. It was so bad that once I was on a verge of security wipe cos it didn't take the password correctly. When I got the classic I passed on the Q to my brother who never complained about this till date. Now got the classic and it has started double typing. It's just 18 days old. People say few defective units had this issue and not all. Now what I don't understand is how I received three faulty units in a row. First the bold in 2011, then the Q10 in 2014 and now classic in 2015. I mean that's like a streak of bad luck. Lol

I really feel it's either user related or software glitch. For me it's a mystery that I really need to solve and therefore cannot rule out any possibility.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 02:05 PM
    I bought mine on launch day in USA.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    03-01-15 07:21 PM
    It's a mechanical issue on the Q10. Check out the thread in my signature. My condolences OP.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    I love your picture. I also did the Palm to BlackBerry journey. Went from a Treo 480 to a BlackBerry 9000.
    I sure hope that this doesn't prove to be a widespread issue or the Classic is likely to be the end of the line.....

Posted via my Classic SQC100-4/10.3.1.2267
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    03-01-15 07:50 PM
    Mod, can we have this thread closed? There is no real evidence that the classic is plagued with double typing.
    Say, has your Classic started double typing yet?
    03-02-15 02:28 AM
    my Q10 also like that
    03-02-15 03:03 AM
    I think blackberry is the more ignorant company. A lot of people have this issue. And what blackberry does? Nothing. They replace broken keyboard and the issue reaper after a while. Why wouldn't give a keyboard option in settings menu to change press timing in miliseconds? a custom option I think will solve this problem.

Posted from my wide BlackBerry Passport
    03-02-15 07:36 AM
    +1.
    I thought about that too.

I don't understand why there is no filtering out all fast double typing by default.
    03-02-15 09:48 AM
    Iii had hoped they would have fixed this by now. Glad I haven't purchased a Classic (it was tempting) this issue actually drove me so nuts that I had to finally abandon my Q10 and go back to my 9900

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:22 AM
    Everytime I double type a word I add it into word substitution so that should that same double type occur the OS will fix it. Is there a way we could create a custom group worked restore file for just word substitutions that everyone could install that would at least fix the most common double typing issues.

Posted via CB10
    VeryBumpy and mighthor like this.
    03-07-15 12:08 PM
    Everytime I double type a word I add it into word substitution so that should that same double type occur the OS will fix it. Is there a way we could create a custom group worked restore file for just word substitutions that everyone could install that would at least fix the most common double typing issues.
    Would be easier, and makes more sense for BlackBerry to write some code. We have good word prediction, how hard could it be for them to program the os to intelligently remove multiple keystrokes.

It could even be as simple as a timer that learns a persons average type speed, and detect/remove hyper fast keystrokes of the same button.

I won't be buying a Classic, if the next upgrade to the Classic is also taped and glued together I will move onto a non BlackBerry device and be done with them foever.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-07-15 12:29 PM
    Sure, but in the meantime this seems like something we can do. BlackBerry users work together and we can pretty much erase the issue in a few weeks time.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 12:57 PM
    The Q is almost two years old. BlackBerry could solve this problem with a few man hours of code.

Your way, were it even possible, would take weeks or months of effort to create a list.
    26 letters worth of possibilities would end up being huge, and just use up precious space while increasing cpu work load.
    Even with a giant huge list of possible errors, it would have to deal with many languages, it would just not be feasible.

It is time for BlackBerry to provide a software solution to this.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-07-15 01:54 PM
    But the keys affected are mainly those on the outside, your a's, L's I's O's for example. (at least in my observance) I'm going to keep pressing forward, if all of us posting in this thread actually add every word we come across it'll be 95% solved in a month, at least for English speakers. We can berate @BlackBerry until they do something as well but I think we have a chance to be proactive.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 02:19 PM
    I have Q10, Classic, and Passport, no double typing on any of them.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 02:35 PM
    I'm going to keep pressing forward, if all of us posting in this thread actually add every word we come across it'll be 95% solved in a month
    Not possible.

Here is why:

Lets keep this example simple, and say there are 10 people building a "list". How do you get 10 separate lists, combined? How do you then share and distribute the combined list?

Each person would have to manually enter every entry.

I am not saying it is a bad idea, it just is not possible.
    03-07-15 02:56 PM
419 ... 45678 ...