Looks like my thread surfaced other classic users who have started to experience similar issues.

Anyway, dropped my phone off at the local blackberry expert centre (singapore) for repairs. Picked it up the next day with the keypad* replaced.

Counter staff told me the technician had no comments.

*the replacement keypad is less rigid in terms of the force required for a keystroke. Not that the build quality is any worse from what I can tell, just less rigid. This is a good thing for me, i'm able to type faster now.. back to my 9900 speed (which I could not achieve with the original keypad my classic shipped with)

**of course whether it's a new type of keypad (some repair replacement set) or some form of tweak to the key rigidity is beyond me.. and I leave it up to your speculation.
    02-26-15 04:55 AM
    I am experiencing this problem with my space bar. Every so often a full stop will appear, as a result of pressing space bar twice. It is beyond me how this happens, when all my past bb's never had that problem.
    02-26-15 05:16 AM
    I am experiencing this problem with my space bar. Every so often a full stop will appear, as a result of pressing space bar twice. It is beyond me how this happens, when all my past bb's never had that problem.
    If you press the space bar twice a full stop is supposed to happen. If your pressing it once and a full stop is appearing try a software reload if no success warranty refund is the answer

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-26-15 06:50 AM
    Yep. Double space bar is meant to do that.
    02-26-15 08:19 AM
    Lol classic have this issue too? :O. I have passport and I also experience double typing. I think since bold 9900, blackberry did nothing about the keyboard double typing issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:37 AM
    Okay. It's starting to get worse now. It's happening multiple times through out the day now. The 'E' is very frequent and the spacebar on occasions. Their keyboard is the main selling point to me and now I'm feeling a bit unsatisfied. First the Q10 now the Classic.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    flyingsolid and keddypa like this.
    02-26-15 02:43 PM
    Wow, what the heck happened to BlackBerry's once legendary quality control?? Back in the day this kind of thing NEVER happened. Sure, every batch would have a couple lemons, but they were rare. Now it's almost commonplace.
    02-26-15 03:04 PM
    The timeframe is exact Q10s started to double type.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 04:19 PM
    Yep. Double space bar is meant to do that.
    bro I know when you press it TWICE it does a full stop, it happens when I press it once.
    02-26-15 08:48 PM
    Can we have a headcount? I don't think it's 3 or 4 now
    02-26-15 09:19 PM
    Mine is now doing it with the f, e, o, and randomly inserts periods while I'm typing. Gonna call blackberry this weekend.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 09:21 PM
    Wowww I'm having some double type issues with my Q10 and was thinking about getting a classic with the hope that they would haave addressed the issue, but if this is true this will be the last straw for me

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:16 PM
    Mine is now doing it with the f, e, o, and randomly inserts periods while I'm typing. Gonna call blackberry this weekend.

Posted via CB10
    When did you buy yours?
    02-26-15 10:29 PM
    I'm starting to miss my q10 keyboard...
    After one month and a half, the classic keyboard is becoming litle "clicky" sound in some letters and this same "clicky" sound is horrible in toolbelt, specially in back button...even touch it without pressing it makes that creepy sound. As I noticed first days, the classic keyboard is not so good built like q10...
    I really like classic, but this less quality issues are killing me...

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:39 PM
    Okay. It's starting to get worse now. It's happening multiple times through out the day now. The 'E' is very frequent and the spacebar on occasions. Their keyboard is the main selling point to me and now I'm feeling a bit unsatisfied. First the Q10 now the Classic.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    I'd claim warranty. It won't get better over time, that's for sure. Sad to see how this develops. It was said from "insiders" BlackBerry fixed these problems with both Classic and Passport, yet here we are again.

I'm starting to miss my q10 keyboard...
    After one month and a half, the classic keyboard is becoming litle "clicky" sound in some letters and this same "clicky" sound is horrible in toolbelt, specially in back button...even touch it without pressing it makes that creepy sound. As I noticed first days, the classic keyboard is not so good built like q10...
    I really like classic, but this less quality issues are killing me...

Posted via CB10
    Two of my keys are also "clicking" with an unhealthy sound, functionality isn't effected at all and they don't make that sound everytime. A bit disappointing though it starts like that after not even two months of use!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 12:35 AM
    My trackpad makes a distinct clicking noise compared to the rest of the keyboard too. It's quite annoying. Sounds very plastic and higher pitched than all the other keys.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:02 AM
    I have been suffering the same issue. Happens alot with 'o'and 'e'. I've read through the thread and do not see any solid solution. I have had my phone since release in America. what should I do?

Edit: It sucks because I'm constantly bragging on the superiority of accuracy and speed on typing with BB as compared to other phones but my txts don't reflect this.
    02-27-15 11:46 AM
    I have been suffering the same issue. Happens alot with 'o'and 'e'. I've read through the thread and do not see any solid solution. I have had my phone since release in America. what should I do?

Edit: It sucks because I'm constantly bragging on the superiority of accuracy and speed on typing with BB as compared to other phones but my txts don't reflect this.
    On the Q10 it was a hardware issue. I think its the same with the Classic.
    The Classic is full of tape and glue, thats why I think it will be very hard to change the keyboard.
    On the Q10 it was very easy

Posted via Q10Bold
    02-27-15 12:00 PM
    Yes it happens. The spacebar and "a" key. But here's my take on the entire double-typing issue- maybe it's not BlackBerry's fault, maybe it's related to us ;the users. I think it's the way some of us type, the way we press the buttons. I am one of them. Think about it people who experience it keep on receiving faulty handsets and people who get "lucky" feel that's it's just a myth. Maybe I'm wrong...but it's Maybe.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 01:02 PM
    Can we have a headcount? I don't think it's 3 or 4 now
    What is this supposed to achive?

What representation does it give to you to know how many people on this forum have double typing issues?
    02-27-15 01:16 PM
    What is this supposed to achive?

What representation does it give to you to know how many people on this forum have double typing issues?
    Nothing to achieve. I was just curious.
    Some people said it was just a unlucky few, but when you start having more than few and counting, then I just wish BB would take note and correct it.
    Tbh w/ you, it makes me at ease knowing that it isn't a widespread issue. I just wanted to know that.
    02-27-15 01:26 PM
    Yes it happens. The spacebar and "a" key. But here's my take on the entire double-typing issue- maybe it's not BlackBerry's fault, maybe it's related to us ;the users. I think it's the way some of us type, the way we press the buttons. I am one of them. Think about it people who experience it keep on receiving faulty handsets and people who get "lucky" feel that's it's just a myth. Maybe I'm wrong...but it's Maybe.

Posted via CB10
    Might be True. My wife has just sent her q10 fo repair as it was double typing like crazy. However when I used her phone it did not happen at all. People type different way. Should not be excuse for Blackberry though.

Fiedka
    02-27-15 05:20 PM
    9900 had a confident, reliable keyboard.

I can't write on my Q10 without watching the screen, because of the double typing issue.

If the same problem exists in Classic, it's one less reason for buying it.

Hmmm. Maybe I should just wait for Classic 2.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 07:52 PM
    9900 had a confident, reliable keyboard.

I can't write on my Q10 without watching the screen, because of the double typing issue.

If the same problem exists in Classic, it's one less reason for buying it.

Hmmm. Maybe I should just wait for Classic 2.

Posted via CB10
    I'd say wait few months. More might surface up w/ this issue or not.
    But I personally can't wait, because I'm going to be switching carriers so I'm gonna take a risk.
    Alattin Simsek likes this.
    02-27-15 10:19 PM
    I haven't explored the q10 threads about the issue, but were they ever rectified?

Posted via CB10
    No, no and no!!
    02-27-15 10:26 PM
419 ... 34567 ...