If it's double typing send it back asap! No reason to have a faulty device when you have a warranty.
    01-19-15 03:29 PM
    Mod, can we have this thread closed? There is no real evidence that the classic is plagued with double typing. The OP dropped the phone, so it is possible he/she is experiencing some typing issue.

I haven't on my classic that I've had for a month.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 03:39 PM
    Mod, can we have this thread closed? There is no real evidence that the classic is plagued with double typing. The OP dropped the phone, so it is possible he/she is experiencing some typing issue.
    For the sake of accuracy, there are actually three separate reports of possible double-typing in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 04:25 PM
    Any device is susceptible to hardware failure over time, including full touch phones.
    Agreed. But I honestly haven't heard of any full touch phones losing their touch screen capabilities or have the touch capabilities malfunctioning in any way.
    01-19-15 06:16 PM
    It's so funny. And sad. Somebody starts a thread with 'double typing' in its title, and immediately, everybody gets excited and wants to leave BlackBerry forever, as if there were any proven facts.
    Only time will tell if the Classic is suffering from this issue. Based upon what can be read in this forum, there is no serious evidence, and I hope it will stay like that.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone here said that they wanted to leave BB. I think everyone just wants to point out that BB is pretty much the only phone company making PKB's and that the keyboard should last.
    01-19-15 06:18 PM
    I don't think anyone here said that they wanted to leave BB. I think everyone just wants to point out that BB is pretty much the only phone company making PKB's and that the keyboard should last.
    This is a very 'mild' interpretation of what you and others in this thread have stated.
    However, I'm sure you understand that I wanted to make a point. Many people who are not as familiar with these matters as we are, might get scared away from BlackBerry by reading these threads, where problems are being discussed in length that have not occured yet in a significant number.
    To assume that the Classic will have a problem that the Q10 allegedly had (I had 2 and none had it, but I appreciate others had it and I might just have been lucky) and start a lengthy discussion is counter productive and pointless.
    Believe me, I will be one of the first to highlight/discuss real product issues, once they occur. But this still is a non-issue, and hopefully will stay one.

And yes, everybody is entitled to write whatever he/she thinks, so am I.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 06:45 PM
    About humidity.. I live in sunny damp Singapore near the equator lol

The point of the thread isn't to start rampant fear mongering, but to have a sampling of how pervasive the problem might be (and if others have experienced anything similar)

*Granted, my problems may have been born out of my poor handling*

Just to emphasise again that it's not a really big issue now for me. I use my classic daily, plenty of whatsapp chats, typing into the calendar and remember apps.

Over the course of typing this reply, double typing has only occurred once (if that is any indication of frequency)

From what I gather, it's nowhere as well documented as the q10's woes.

(in any case, no news is good news.. the small sampling of people with problems definitely do flock to forum threads like this.. so yeah.. so far no mass complaints, so let's not jump to conclusions)

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 11:49 PM
    No double typing on Classic at all
    My friends forget about it and enjoy the best keyboard out there

From My Sexy Classic...
    01-20-15 01:31 AM
    Agreed. But I honestly haven't heard of any full touch phones losing their touch screen capabilities or have the touch capabilities malfunctioning in any way.
    You might have not heard about cause no one talk about it...I have my Z 30 since last april and recently I have a hard time with the swiping which take 2 try to do what I want. Especially when I let the phone on 24/7. I was thinking to write a thread about it but since I got the classic I did not bother..
    01-20-15 02:05 AM
    The day double typing happens on my passport is the day i go back to z30

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 09:27 AM
    update: sent about 30 messages today and the spacebar double type happened like 3 times. I will send this Classic back and get a new one.
    01-20-15 12:10 PM
    Where's the moderator these days this 'waste of time ' thread needs closed...

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-21-15 03:09 AM
    'waste of time ' thread needs closed...
    You have the power to choose NOT to read them. We don't need a forum copper to save us.
    andy957 and DeliFresser like this.
    01-21-15 03:22 AM
    Hello Kwanhan,

Sad to hear about your double type issue on your Classic. Hopefully, BlackBerry will resolve this issue. Did you send to BlackBerry service centre?

I am still deciding about getting the Classic cos' I have terrible double type problems with both my Q10s.

Hope all will be solved for you.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 03:42 AM
    You have the power to choose NOT to read them. We don't need a forum copper to save us.
    Threads like this should be opened if there's a real issue. Once people see the double type issue they spread round that the classic has issues hope you get what I mean

01-21-15 03:46 AM
    Threads like this should be opened if there's a real issue. Once people see the double type issue they spread round that the classic has issues hope you get what I mean

There IS a REAL issue. At least 3 persons got some double space/type issues in this thread. Thats for 1 month of use a lot.
    After the Q10 KB disaster BBY should take some actions! The big issues started after 3 months of use on the Q10s!
    01-21-15 04:13 AM
    I have replaced keyboards on Q10's with the issue, no issue with my Classic yet. Hopefully it doesn't develop it. I heard it had something to do with the metal domes shifting or not being properly centered on top of the contacts or something like that.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    No double typing here.

I'm interested to hear your assessment of the Classic. It intrigues me how you manage to get the maximum benefit out of your devices.

Can you start a new thread?
    Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 05:30 AM
    I haven't explored the q10 threads about the issue, but were they ever rectified?
    Some reported that after having it sent out to BlackBerry for keyboard replacement, the problem had not came back.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    01-21-15 05:58 AM
    This is a very 'mild' interpretation of what you and others in this thread have stated.
    However, I'm sure you understand that I wanted to make a point. Many people who are not as familiar with these matters as we are, might get scared away from BlackBerry by reading these threads, where problems are being discussed in length that have not occured yet in a significant number.
    To assume that the Classic will have a problem that the Q10 allegedly had (I had 2 and none had it, but I appreciate others had it and I might just have been lucky) and start a lengthy discussion is counter productive and pointless.
    Believe me, I will be one of the first to highlight/discuss real product issues, once they occur. But this still is a non-issue, and hopefully will stay one.

And yes, everybody is entitled to write whatever he/she thinks, so am I.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely. No flaming intended. I agree there is no need to start uproars about the keyboard until this becomes a real-issue.
    01-21-15 04:06 PM
    You might have not heard about cause no one talk about it...I have my Z 30 since last april and recently I have a hard time with the swiping which take 2 try to do what I want. Especially when I let the phone on 24/7. I was thinking to write a thread about it but since I got the classic I did not bother..
    Sorry to hear that. It's the first time i've ever heard of a touchscreen losing sensitivity. Sorry to hear that.
    01-21-15 04:09 PM
    Absolutely. No flaming intended. I agree there is no need to start uproars about the keyboard until this becomes a real-issue.
    Well I am sorry but it happens to be a real issue for me.
    01-22-15 03:59 AM
    Well I am sorry but it happens to be a real issue for me.
    I meant that until it becomes a widespread, majority problem that they should be considered isolated incidents. No disrespect to you and what you are going through.

Like i said before BB should definitely look into the double typing issue. They should also completely just swap out devices that develop them no matter how far along it is.
    01-22-15 08:12 AM
    If someone has ever fixed ANY Blackberry keyboard it would be clear, that based on the design alone, doubletyping will remain a wear and tear issue, that sooner or later may affect ANY Blackberry and that includes even the Classic.

In that sense I find this thread a useful and a true representation of a problem that may (or may not) be on the rise on this phone.

Only time can tell. Until then we need threads like this for future reference in order to be able to see when the problem came up first and how often it was reported.
    01-22-15 10:06 AM
    ...and like I said before, if you have ever fixed ANY Blackberry keyboard it would be clear to you that based on the design, doubletyping will remain a wear and tear issue, that sooner or later may affect ANY Blackberry.

In that sense I find this thread useful and a true representation of a problem that may (or may not) be on the rise on this phone.
    My last keyboarded phone that was my daily driver was an old Curve 8xxx ... Never double typed and I hammered that phone. I have never fixed a keyboard.

I don't think the thread should go, I just think people are saying that people shouldn't come here and say things that could drive potential new customers away. It happened for me. I've been eyeing a q10 for the longest but the fear of it developing a double typing issue prevents me from buying one.
    01-22-15 10:14 AM
    I don't think the thread should go, I just think people are saying that people shouldn't come here and say things that could drive potential new customers away. It happened for me. I've been eyeing a q10 for the longest but the fear of it developing a double typing issue prevents me from buying one.
    I understand that and that is exactly the point, except I see it the other way.

People should be clear about the advantages and the potential issues of physical keyboards.
    01-22-15 10:22 AM
419 12345 ...