My Blackberry Classic doesn't connect to Wi-Fi and I can't pass the initial setup screen after reset. What can I do? It recognizes my sim network but no Wi-Fi? I don't think it's related to Blackberry Services shut down. Thanks.
    01-19-22 04:40 AM
    It's one of many known issues post shutdown... https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...setup-1193207/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-19-22 07:00 AM
    My Blackberry Classic doesn't connect to Wi-Fi and I can't pass the initial setup screen after reset. What can I do? It recognizes my sim network but no Wi-Fi? I don't think it's related to Blackberry Services shut down. Thanks.
    You can try this. It has mixed results, so I hope it works for you.

Connect to a wireless network, select hotspot login, click and hold on the blue "BlackBerry" image, select "set as" from the options that appear, select "contact picture", press the end call button, move the trackpad over to the right when you are presented with a black screen.
    01-19-22 07:00 AM
    You can try this. It has mixed results, so I hope it works for you.

Connect to a wireless network, select hotspot login, click and hold on the blue "BlackBerry" image, select "set as" from the options that appear, select "contact picture", press the end call button, move the trackpad over to the right when you are presented with a black screen.
    It worked. But after I reset it second time, it didn't work. I came up with black screen.
    01-19-22 01:54 PM
    It worked. But after I reset it second time, it didn't work. I came up with black screen.
    The whole thing is a crap shoot. It doesn't always work.

Why do you keep wiping btw?
    01-19-22 02:00 PM

I wanted to sell it as a functional device after it's working. Now it's brick, maybe I'll try it again. Thanks.
    01-19-22 02:06 PM

It's working again. You have to wait approx. 1 min. in main screen. 8I set it up without SIM card, if it's important) I will use it as my main driver and sell my main device I guess. I'm rid of big screen LCD devices.
    01-19-22 02:15 PM
    I wanted to sell it as a functional device after it's working. Now it's brick, maybe I'll try it again. Thanks.
    First thing I always do on buying previously used hardware... wipe it. Now I know some people don't, but it's going to become an issue trying to sell these phones.

If you can wipe it three time and there are no issue in the setup process... and you disclose the BlackBerry shutdown, go for it.

If you wipe it and it's coming up with this issue.... it's a door stop, you might find a sucker that won't complain or you might spend more shipping it back than it's even worth. Not sure what "as is" would net you....
    01-19-22 02:24 PM
    It will be useless anyway, even if you make it through the setup.

No BlackBerry World, no sidoading, and two twice-daily constant nags to "complete setup" and "add a BBID".
    01-19-22 02:30 PM
    First thing I always do on buying previously used hardware... wipe it. Now I know some people don't, but it's going to become an issue trying to sell these phones.

If you can wipe it three time and there are no issue in the setup process... and you disclose the BlackBerry shutdown, go for it.

If you wipe it and it's coming up with this issue.... it's a door stop, you might find a sucker that won't complain or you might spend more shipping it back than it's even worth. Not sure what "as is" would net you....
    I am sure this will create a little bit of confusion and complaint lavina in the market, because sellers are not used to this kind of event happening in the consumer phone industry. It is oaky that Blackberry thought it will just wash hands and easily quit, but procedures that people are accostumed to are stronger than the plans of a company that is trying to escape the scene as soon as possible. It doesn't matter that they announced this, most people don't care about such announcements, don't even understand them most of the time.
    braulio_jose likes this.
    01-19-22 10:42 PM
    When a company tells you to stop using their devices its pretty clear.
    eshropshire likes this.
    01-20-22 09:23 AM
    a company that is trying to escape the scene as soon as possible.
    Lol. Really?

These phones are from 2013-2015. BlackBerry left the handset business in 2016, but still supported these relics until 2022!
    eshropshire likes this.
    01-20-22 09:49 AM
    I am sure this will create a little bit of confusion and complaint lavina in the market, because sellers are not used to this kind of event happening in the consumer phone industry. It is oaky that Blackberry thought it will just wash hands and easily quit, but procedures that people are accostumed to are stronger than the plans of a company that is trying to escape the scene as soon as possible. It doesn't matter that they announced this, most people don't care about such announcements, don't even understand them most of the time.
    I'm sure it will create a LOT of confusion as even more people attempt to unload devices on unsuspecting people (what research is for). Especially as it's not a very contestant issue right now. I don't know if it's 1 in 5, 1 in 10 or 1 in 1000?

But EOL means EOL.. best option is if your carrier offers some trade in minimum discount. Every now and then mine will offer $100 even if a phone isn't working...
    01-20-22 09:50 AM
    It will be useless anyway, even if you make it through the setup.

No BlackBerry World, no sidoading, and two twice-daily constant nags to "complete setup" and "add a BBID".
    I have a Passport and a Z30. Both are still working fine. I can get calls, connect to WiFi, get emails, etc. Also, contrary to what you say I can still sideload apps.
    01-20-22 01:55 PM
    I have a Passport and a Z30. Both are still working fine. I can get calls, connect to WiFi, get emails, etc. Also, contrary to what you say I can still sideload apps.
    Sure, as long as you don't wipe or reload the OS after the shutdown.... which is the problem the person conite was replying too has.
    eshropshire likes this.
    01-20-22 01:57 PM
    When a company tells you to stop using their devices its pretty clear.
    I know several people who didn't even realize Blackberry has stopped producing phones. And when you are selling phones on eBay as a shop, you are selling to the whole world. and in the world, you can be sure many people like that exist. If some of them buy from eBay, you can expect your negative feedback rate will skyrocket. They won't care about announcements when they realize their phone is a junk, and the seller mentioned nothing about it.
    01-20-22 10:57 PM
    I know several people who didn't even realize Blackberry has stopped producing phones. And when you are selling phones on eBay as a shop, you are selling to the whole world. and in the world, you can be sure many people like that exist. If some of them buy from eBay, you can expect your negative feedback rate will skyrocket. They won't care about announcements when they realize their phone is a junk, and the seller mentioned nothing about it.
    yep and that is between the seller and the buyer and the buyer should do some research. Takes 5 minutes or less to find the info out Not sure why any of that matters to BlackBerry though.
    01-20-22 11:17 PM
    I'm sure it will create a LOT of confusion as even more people attempt to unload devices on unsuspecting people (what research is for). Especially as it's not a very contestant issue right now. I don't know if it's 1 in 5, 1 in 10 or 1 in 1000?

But EOL means EOL.. best option is if your carrier offers some trade in minimum discount. Every now and then mine will offer $100 even if a phone isn't working...
    I don't intend to replace my Blackberry phone to any none button phones. In my country carriers sell only that type. I like when a phone easily fits my pocket, and in that size, using a touchscreen phone to type is a pain in the neck. Large touchscreen phones are better for typing, but I don't want to hang around carrying a tablet in my pocket. Unihertz might be a good option, but if its camera is worse than the one in BB Q10, I won't buy it, because one of the things I like so much in my Q10 is the camera. So all in all, I don't see any acceptable alternative for myself at the moment that is better than a function-limited old BB phone. A Key2 is out of question because I won't pay hundereds again for a supportless device.
    01-20-22 11:31 PM
    I don't intend to replace my Blackberry phone to any none button phones. In my country carriers sell only that type. I like when a phone easily fits my pocket, and in that size, using a touchscreen phone to type is a pain in the neck. Large touchscreen phones are better for typing, but I don't want to hang around carrying a tablet in my pocket. Unihertz might be a good option, but if its camera is worse than the one in BB Q10, I won't buy it, because one of the things I like so much in my Q10 is the camera. So all in all, I don't see any acceptable alternative for myself at the moment that is better than a function-limited old BB phone. A Key2 is out of question because I won't pay hundereds again for a supportless device.

"In statistics, an outlier is a data point that differs significantly from other observations. An outlier may be due to variability in the measurement or it may indicate experimental error; the latter are sometimes excluded from the data set. An outlier can cause serious problems in statistical analyses. "

In the end what you intend and want has very little to do with it.
    01-21-22 09:44 AM
    BB10 devices prior to the Passport had a mid-range 2013 camera at best. So if that is your benchmark, pretty much anything today would beat it.

As dx0mark put it at the time, "although it's slightly disappointing for a new model, the camera is capable of good results so long as the light levels aren’t too challenging".
    01-21-22 09:50 AM
    BB10 devices prior to the Passport had a mid-range 2013 camera at best. So if that is your benchmark, pretty much anything today would beat it.

As dx0mark put it at the time, "although it's slightly disappointing for a new model, the camera is capable of good results so long as the light levels aren’t too challenging".
    In the end it's all relative.... someone going from a 2019 BlackBerry to a 2013 BlackBerry would see a huge improvement with the Q10. Someone who's wife has a 2013 iPhone... might feel a little inadequate. If comparing a Pocket to a Q10... might be "good enough". But comparing a Pocket to 2021 Flagship is where the Pocket really got hammered (or even with a 2018 midgrade phone).
    01-21-22 10:31 AM
    Sure, as long as you don't wipe or reload the OS after the shutdown.... which is the problem the person conite was replying too has.
    Because that person followed bad advice from negative and not helpful people, I guess. In my case I don't need to do a wipe or a reload, and I guess I won't need it. The hardware will probably die before the software.
    01-21-22 12:31 PM
    Because that person followed bad advice from negative and not helpful people, I guess. In my case I don't need to do a wipe or a reload, and I guess I won't need it. The hardware will probably die before the software.
    I had nothing to do with the whole thing…. :-D
    01-21-22 12:33 PM
    I get you with "touchscreen phone to type is a pain in the neck". That's for iPhone and Android. The VKB that came with the Z10 is highly superior. I write very well with it. Right now I am using a Passport SE but I love my Z30, and have no issues typing with it. Also, I tried the VKB app of BlackBerry in an Android and that really changes the experience. Still, I would miss the hub and the fluidity of the system. That is not yet in another operating system for mobile. According to some people SailfishOS is what is most approximate.
    01-21-22 12:37 PM
    I had nothing to do with the whole thing…. :-D
    I was not accusing you. ;-)
    01-21-22 12:38 PM
54 123