Hi all!

I am from india. Glad to see a great forum like this.

my travel with mobile os: Android > ios > bb os (from tomorrow).

I am a person who is more like business/work concentrated and no love for facebook, twitter, instagram, fancy apps, etc. (but little whatsapp).

Though it might sound too late, i recently got inspired by multiple businessmen and top level management people at work to move to blackberry finally!

I have ordered a blackberry classic in amazon and it is arriving tomorrow.

So, i have only few simple questions as follows. Please someone answer -

1. Can i use my blackberry classic forever for bbm, texts, mails, phone calls and browsing (though bb world app store and bb os support are gonna be shut down soon)??

2. Will the phone accept airtel 4g network in india (the company will be able to offer india 4g services using a combination of fd-lte technology in the 1800 mhz band and td-lte roll-out in the 2300 mhz band. It will also be able to offer 3g across all markets using a combination of 900 mhz and 2100 mhz)??

3. If i install whatsapp through .apk file installation, will it work forever (without expecting any future updates or support)??

4. Bb10 eol means, i cannot expect any phone/chat/email support from blackberry in case any issues in the os/phone and the phone will work forever with features i mentioned in point 1. Unless and until i damage the phone by myself, is that correct??

5. Blackberry acc60087-001 leather pouch i ordered from e-bay. Is this a genuine or original one??

6. no software update after what is already available on the phone, correct??

I would really appreciate your kind answers.

thanks and regards
    thomson
    07-23-18 02:50 PM
    Hi all!

I am from india. Glad to see a great forum like this.

my travel with mobile os: Android > ios > bb os (from tomorrow).

I am a person who is more like business/work concentrated and no love for facebook, twitter, instagram, fancy apps, etc. (but little whatsapp).

Though it might sound too late, i recently got inspired by multiple businessmen and top level management people at work to move to blackberry finally!

I have ordered a blackberry classic in amazon and it is arriving tomorrow.

So, i have only few simple questions as follows. Please someone answer -

1. Can i use my blackberry classic forever for bbm, texts, mails, phone calls and browsing (though bb world app store and bb os support are gonna be shut down soon)??

2. Will the phone accept airtel 4g network in india (the company will be able to offer india 4g services using a combination of fd-lte technology in the 1800 mhz band and td-lte roll-out in the 2300 mhz band. It will also be able to offer 3g across all markets using a combination of 900 mhz and 2100 mhz)??

3. If i install whatsapp through .apk file installation, will it work forever (without expecting any future updates or support)??

4. Bb10 eol means, i cannot expect any phone/chat/email support from blackberry in case any issues in the os/phone and the phone will work forever with features i mentioned in point 1. Unless and until i damage the phone by myself, is that correct??

5. Blackberry acc60087-001 leather pouch i ordered from e-bay. Is this a genuine or original one??

6. no software update after what is already available on the phone, correct??

I would really appreciate your kind answers.

thanks and regards
    thomson
    1) We don't know... end of 2019 is the date that they shutdown most services so you have a while. What will work, if anything will depend on what they shutdown. My guess is just BBW and BBM and some of the apps like MAPS and ASSISTANT. But if they shutdown the BBID Servers.... you might have a brick.

2) have no idea... if you matched the phone that you bought with the right bands it should as long as AirTel isn't one of those app driven services.

3) No... already you are stuck with an older version of WhatsApp. As they move away from older APIs you might loose WhatsApp completely - or it might last another year and a half

4) You can't do that now.... even if you bought a brand new phone it isn't covered by BlackBerry. You'll need CrackBerry for support.

5) ?

6) OS 10.3.3.3204 is the latest (I think).... what your phone will have install and what it will see as available as an OTA update will vary. But you can easily install the update manually.
    07-23-18 03:45 PM
    4) You can't do that now.... even if you bought a brand new phone it isn't covered by BlackBerry. You'll need CrackBerry for support.
    I agree. BlackBerry tech support is awful. For a few years when I've had trouble with my BlackBerry Classic, my first thought isn't to call my phone company or BlackBerry. My first thought is to check the forums hear. Someone else has probably had your problem, posted about it, and gotten a solution. If it's something that you can't find a post about, post a new thread and the wonderful and helpful people here at CrackBerry will probably be able to answer your question. Also, if thier answer doesn't make sense, ask a follow-up. If thier answer is too technical/complicated, let them know and people here are happy to break it down/give you a simpler answer.
    T_H_O_M_S_O_N likes this.
    07-23-18 05:12 PM
    For whatsapp you can install whatsapp android it work fine after patching whith whatsfixer (for sending media file on whatsapp) by cellninja on bbw
    You need a SD card. You can install more than 128 go on the classic mine have 200 go SD card

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/60005088

Also telegram for android work like a charm

If you need a good browser for some web site issues you can install kiwi browser android also. You can have url bar in the botton like the stock browser.

You have to a developper in the forum made beol browser

Love Peace and Share
    07-24-18 01:22 AM
    I am in the same boat as the OP. I just got my BlackBerry Classic this month as a birthday present. And then I found out about EOL for BB 10 OS is end of 2019. Imagine my surprise.
    I'm not in India, but USA. But I am hoping the phone does not become a brick like somebody said it just might. Please Blackberry: keep the BBID servers running. I love this phone already. And for my next phone, I'm looking at the BB Priv or the KeyOne.
    I already have a inexpensive android tablet that has version 6 (marshmallow). So I think the Priv should work alright for at least 2 years (although it will be early 2020 when I get it).

Posted via CB10
    07-24-18 10:25 AM
    Priv is EOL too.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-18 01:36 PM
    it'd be nice to get some clarity from BB on what the shutdown means. I can't imagine the BBID servers take up much overhead these days so it'd be good if they could strip it back to the bare services needed to keep legacy devices bootable, or maybe even let the community provide them along with a basic free/open source only app store. given the small BB10 community such projects wouldn't be demanding, resource wise and could be volunteer run.
    07-24-18 01:42 PM
    BTW I just set up the device password.

So device will get locked at least minimum after a minute and not immediately???

What's this?? Is blackberry kidding??

What if someone tries to access my phone within a minute??

Omg!! I am ditched by so-called BlackBerry security??

Posted via CB10
    07-24-18 04:56 PM

So device will get locked at least minimum after a minute and not immediately???

Posted via CB10
    A minute is the fastest you can set? That is pretty fast. Maybe you need to move to a safer area.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-18 07:24 PM
    Priv is EOL too.

Posted via CB10
    Apps though will still be updated and, just like the Priv, continue to function normally.
    07-24-18 09:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    You could just press the lock button.....
    07-26-18 03:04 PM
    Just enjoy your classic til it goes..

Classic 10.3.3.2163
    07-27-18 01:41 AM
    I am in the same boat as the OP. I just got my BlackBerry Classic this month as a birthday present. And then I found out about EOL for BB 10 OS is end of 2019. Imagine my surprise.
    I'm not in India, but USA. But I am hoping the phone does not become a brick like somebody said it just might. Please Blackberry: keep the BBID servers running. I love this phone already. And for my next phone, I'm looking at the BB Priv or the KeyOne.
    I already have a inexpensive android tablet that has version 6 (marshmallow). So I think the Priv should work alright for at least 2 years (although it will be early 2020 when I get it).

Posted via CB10
    I'm kinda like you I just got my classic this past Thursday after which my daily is iphone 5s and I've had many android phones and a few windows phones as well. I had another BlackBerry from Virgin Mobile back in the day but decided to get away from the high tech of sorts of ios and android so that's why went to BlackBerry.
    07-29-18 08:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Press and hold K to lock the phone

Posted with my BlackBerry Classic via CB10
    07-31-18 10:41 PM
  15. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    yeahhh... go go go!

 Passport RED Edition 10.3.32163
    08-06-18 04:56 AM