Google play store is not working it is showing google play store unfortunately stopped every time I open it need help

Posted via CB10
    09-09-19 10:21 AM
    Google play store is not working it is showing google play store unfortunately stopped every time I open it need help

Posted via CB10
    Just use Yalp instead.

Delete all of your Cobalt apps.

https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github....lpstore_46.apk
    Last edited by conite; 09-09-19 at 10:52 AM.
    09-09-19 10:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Everyone now uses Yalp (fork) store as it is a Google Play Store client. Go here: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com....kin.yalpstore/
    with your device browser and at THE VERY BOTTOM of the page download and install the link that shows " Download APK 1.4 MiB " . This will give you a working version of Google Play Store.
    09-09-19 10:34 AM
    Still cant find play store on yalp store can you please share the link?
    09-09-19 11:30 AM
    Still cant find play store on yalp store can you please share the link?
    The Yalp app IS a Google Play Store client.
    09-09-19 11:53 AM
    Most of the android apps are not working on my classic it is saying " unfortunately the app stopped" need help
    09-09-19 11:53 AM
    The Yalp app IS a Google Play Store client.
    Ok thank you but most of the apps on yalp store is not working
    09-09-19 11:55 AM
    That's because the android runtime is only at 4.3 on your device and many apps now require 5.0 and above. There is NOTHING you can do about that. Look at the minimum requirement on the app description and if it shows 4.4 or above, then it won't work.
    09-09-19 12:01 PM
    That's because the android runtime is only at 4.3 on your device and many apps now require 5.0 and above. There is NOTHING you can do about that. Look at the minimum requirement on the app description and if it shows 4.4 or above, then it won't work.
    Ok thank you brookie229 can you please share YouTube working version app ?
    09-09-19 12:05 PM
    Just so you know, you can try an older version of apps from an app store such as https://www.apkmirror.com/ for example. Here you would search for the app you want to try and look for an apk version for Arm7 that has a minimum requirement of android 4.3. This is all trial and error and may still not work properly or may even be a security risk depending on the app and the circumstance. Most, if not all, banking apps these days will NOT work on a BB10 device because of the 4.3 limitation.
    09-09-19 12:08 PM
    Yalp won't display apps requiring 4.4 or above.

But of course, many apps that support 4.3 and below simply don't work either.
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    09-09-19 12:14 PM
    Yalp won't display apps requiring 4.4 or above.

But of course, many apps that support 4.3 and below simply don't work either.
    Very true - as per usual I forgot to mention that.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-19 12:16 PM
    Just so you know, you can try an older version of apps from an app store such as https://www.apkmirror.com/ for example. Here you would search for the app you want to try and look for an apk version for Arm7 that has a minimum requirement of android 4.3. This is all trial and error and may still not work properly or may even be a security risk depending on the app and the circumstance. Most, if not all, banking apps these days will NOT work on a BB10 device because of the 4.3 limitation.
    I just purchased classic so didn't know how install the apps.the phone is great but blackberry app support is not good. Thank you for your support
    09-09-19 12:19 PM
    I just purchased classic so didn't know how install the apps.the phone is great but blackberry app support is not good. Thank you for your support
    Yes, nowadays, the BB10 app support is severely diminished and the devices are mainly for communication (texting, email, calls). You can do a search here on CB for apps that work and if no answer just ask. Most people using BB10 use the above mentioned APKmirror web site, F-Droid app, and Yalp (fork). Occasionally you can find an older version of an app that works fine. Also make sure you download and install useful native apps from BBW before the native app store goes dark 31/12/2019 which is rapidly coming. There are some very nice apps there.
    09-09-19 12:27 PM
    Yes, nowadays, the BB10 app support is severely diminished and the devices are mainly for communication (texting, email, calls). You can do a search here on CB for apps that work and if no answer just ask. Most people using BB10 use the above mentioned APKmirror web site, F-Droid app, and Yalp (fork). Occasionally you can find an older version of an app that works fine. Also make sure you download and install useful native apps from BBW before the native app store goes dark 31/12/2019 which is rapidly coming. There are some very nice apps there.
    Yes thanks just need working youtube apk searched everywhere. Can't find anywhere if possible please share working youtube apk
    09-09-19 12:46 PM
    Yes thanks just need working youtube apk searched everywhere. Can't find anywhere if possible please share working youtube apk
    Others may post a YouTube app as I rarely use it. When I do I use NewPipe Legacy ver from F-Droid which is a YouTube front-end for older android devices. It can be downloaded from here: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org....newpipelegacy/ . If you want to try it after reading it's features just point your browser to the very bottom of the page to Download APK 5.9 MiB .

p.s. be patient as this website is very slow (today especially).
    09-09-19 12:55 PM
    Others may post a YouTube app as I rarely use it. When I do I use NewPipe Legacy ver from F-Droid which is a YouTube front-end for older android devices. It can be downloaded from here: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org....newpipelegacy/ . If you want to try it after reading it's features just point your browser to the very bottom of the page to Download APK 5.9 MiB .

Yes working fine thank u
    09-09-19 01:10 PM
    Very true - as per usual I forgot to mention that.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 needs a new sticky....
    09-10-19 03:41 PM

Am I missing something or this does not continue to play the sound if you switch your screen off either?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-19 04:41 PM
    Am I missing something or this does not continue to play the sound if you switch your screen off either?

Posted via CB10
    Hmnn.......not sure as I haven't used it for quite a while.
    09-10-19 05:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    AFAIK, the only way to do that is through the desktop site.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-19 05:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hmnn.......not sure as I haven't used it for quite a while.
    AFAIK, the only way to do that is through the desktop site.

Posted via CB10
    Vanced will allow play in background, minimized, and screen off.
    anon(5597702) and brookie229 like this.
    09-10-19 05:56 PM
    Cool, I knew it did on Android itself. So it also works on the BB10 ART? You've tested it?
    09-10-19 05:58 PM
    Cool, I knew it did on Android itself. So it also works on the BB10 ART? You've tested it?
    I use it regularly.

It is a resource hog, so you can't do too much of anything else at the same time.
    09-10-19 06:01 PM
    I use it regularly.

It is a resource hog, so you can't do too much of anything else at the same time.
    Nice. Well, the desktop site is a nice option if the goal is to make the battery last longer.
    09-10-19 06:04 PM
27 12