Just wanted to ask whether or not Crackberry users have the same lag regarding the loading of contacts as the guy from these youtube video's. I thought Blackberry was supposed to be a "business phone" for "business users". I roughly have half the amount of this guys contacts but I am wondering if there is a maximum amount of contacts before one gets confronted with issues like the reviewer. I don't think I would have the patience to deal with such lag. 10 seconds to get a match is just too much. I was about to pull the trigger and buy this phone but now I'm not sure. Furthermore I am not interested in the Passport. I guess I'll have to wait for the Classic II (if it ever comes out) with more powerful specs.

03-07-15 01:40 PM
    I have over 300 contacts and searching on my Classic like the video demonstrates is instantaneous.
    No lag whatsoever.
    My contacts are synced thru my Exchange system, didn't watch the video long enough to see if he was on an Exchange system.
    Also, when I first set up my phone (2 days ago), I had LOTS of duplicates...but the dups went away on their own, without me doing anything I am aware of.
    --Zip
    03-07-15 03:10 PM
    I have over 300 contacts and searching on my Classic like the video demonstrates is instantaneous.
    No lag whatsoever.
    My contacts are synced thru my Exchange system, didn't watch the video long enough to see if he was on an Exchange system.
    Also, when I first set up my phone (2 days ago), I had LOTS of duplicates...but the dups went away on their own, without me doing anything I am aware of.
    --Zip
    Same here. On my q5 or passport.
    And the classic is superior to the q5
    03-07-15 03:14 PM
    No lag at all at least 300 contacts

Posted via CB10
    Zippomeister likes this.
    03-07-15 03:20 PM
    No problem whatsoever from me\my classic with contacts in Outlook.com; Gmail.com and MSexchange numbering many hundreds.. seamless.
    03-07-15 03:26 PM
    Over 3600 contacts, about a 1 second delay on search results but it's way faster than having to tap search and use an on screen keyboard from start to finish.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 04:44 PM
    Wow, that is horrible. I'd be pissed too.

Glad I only have about 500.
    03-08-15 07:26 PM
    1400 contacts and only lags, if I add a contact via Gmail. But this only takes a moment, the moment when the phone syncs with Gmail, in order to retrieve/sync the contact.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:27 AM