Autoloader is NOT working, phone won't hold a charge, it previously booted to logo and after using the autoloader it actually made the issue worse and soft bricked the phone to where it repeats cycle of red blinking lights and then green ones, it continuously restarts itself, making it impossible to use BlackBerry Link or an autoloader to effectively install the firmware onto the device. I've tried many times and I have not been able to get it to shut off except for when I use SIC, which seems to work kind of. It wipes once, but then repeats the sequence if I turn the phone back on with the blinking lights.

I don't have much money, so I assumed prematurely that I could fix the bootloop seeing as other people did it, but I'm feeling pretty discouraged and might have to just drop more money on a Classic that doesn't have any issues.

If anybody can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Again, Link doesn't work. It continues to go through the cycle. I've tried different cables, different ports, I make sure to not open Link when using the autoloader (which at this point doesn't repeat itself multiple times, it just hangs after the first attempt and then crashes.)

Computer won't detect phone so Sachesi is already spinning me in circles, I downloaded it trying to figure out how it works but it will not detect the phone in its current condition. Please help. I know I'm not an expert and yes I've tried pretty much everything there is on the forum.

Edit: I've tried the autoloader numerous times and I don't believe the phone has other issues, its just bricked but I feel that it should be recoverable. I don't know what to do.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    05-16-17 08:10 PM
    It's next to impossible to Brick a Blackberry so, don't worry. we'll figure this out.

Try holding down the ON/OFF button on top of your device for as long as it takes to complete. (about 5 to 15 seconds)
    THAT, should do the trick!
    wuberry likes this.
    05-16-17 10:53 PM
    Hi there, thanks for your help. The device is stuck in a restart loop, it is completely unphased by my feeble attempts at turning it on and off. It has no power atm, being soft-bricked, so it is stuck in a cycle of trying to power on or charge. Holding down the button during the cycle doesn't do anything. :/
    05-17-17 03:30 AM
    I'm going to direct your issue to someone above my pay grade (actually we ALL volunteer) Ya can't put a price on helping someone.
    Be patient and think happy thoughts!
    wuberry likes this.
    05-17-17 12:27 PM
    Thank you!!! I really appreciate your help, I hope my message didn't sound bad. I'm earnestly appreciative for your help!!! I'm kind of an impatient person, which I'm sure is noted. I'm going to continue to try to fix it, but I don't know what else to try. If all else fails, I will buy another one but it would be a big blow to my budget. Thanks again.
    05-17-17 04:02 PM
    Don't do anything until someone gets to you, today. We appreciate that you took the time to try to solve things on your own but hold on till another Pro can offer you something or tell you they can't. Give it till days end. We're here 24/7
    wuberry likes this.
    05-17-17 05:19 PM
    Alright, thank you.
    05-17-17 06:37 PM
    Hey, I think I'm just going to throw in the towel, hundreds of views on my post, but no one was able to suggest anything besides you. I'll take the loss and just resell the phone, I need a working BlackBerry and as it is, I'm using a Bold 9900, which I couldn't get the MMS to work on and nobody could help me with the service books either. I'm not lazy or entitled, but owning a BlackBerry is amounting to more money, time and trouble than it is worth. :/ Before then I was using a BLU R1 HD and its not my dream phone, so I guess I've learned my lesson about rational & practical spending.
    05-18-17 06:39 PM
    Yep, it appears there's nothing to be done but move on.
    If you get a device through your carrier, they'll finance it at zero interest. An S7 is about 25 bucks extra on your bill.

Sorry we couldn't help. Try throwing it against a wall or dropping it on the floor. Maybe a jolt will do the trick.
    If not I know an official native rain dance or I can show you the exact direction to face while you pray to the sun gods.
    we can even try some Voodoo!
    But, as a last resort, they make wonderful Chia-pets!

I have an issue though! You say you're not lazy or entitled as if that's a bad thing!!
    wuberry likes this.
    05-19-17 08:10 PM
    I'm a college student, working a part-time at a fast food franchisee restaurant. I love BlackBerrys, I have always wanted one growing up, so it was sad to see BB lose popularity or even just the attention and ambition from RIM. :/ I am saving for a car on minimum wage and between medical expenses and that budget, my spending is limited to food and toiletries. I am very weary of signing myself into a 2-year obligation that will inevitably cost more than it does in the beginning.

Don't be sorry, it isn't really anybody's job to help me, I just hoped that somebody could offer some kind of advice, but maybe nobody else has struggled with it or found a solution if they have? In any event, I'm just going to resell the phone and wish that person luck with fixing it. Maybe if I call BB customer service, they can actually suggest something useful.

Well, I just wanted to clarify (as a very not uptight but overall kind of humorless person) that I wasn't expecting anybody on here to wave a magic wand or feeling like "heeeellloooo! can I get some help here???? Geez." Lol but I appreciate your joking. I can drown out my internal cries with laughter into my $50 brick.
    05-20-17 01:56 AM
    A few things that you may have done, maybe not:

-let the battery completely run out. Like LEDs not blinking anymore and the screen won't turn on. When it gets there, plug it into a wall outlet and let it charge until the LED is a solid green. Attempt to power it on.

-watch a Classic teardown video and physically disconnect the battery for a few minutes. Reconnect and try to power it on.

-use the autoloader for your current version or above. We can't downgrade anymore.

You know the two reset methods: power button for a long while, volume up+down for a long while.

There's one more that I haven't played around with and that's the end call button. It can be used to power on and off the device, though i'm not sure if it'll trigger anything behind the scenes.

If all else fails, I have a mint condition red Q5 SQR100-2 that I'd be happy to donate. You'll want to check band compatibility to see if it'll work for ya.

Posted via CB10
    hazmaju, wuberry and 93Aero like this.
    05-20-17 12:13 PM
    Hey, I think I'm just going to throw in the towel, hundreds of views on my post, but no one was able to suggest anything besides you. I'll take the loss and just resell the phone, I need a working BlackBerry and as it is, I'm using a Bold 9900, which I couldn't get the MMS to work on and nobody could help me with the service books either. I'm not lazy or entitled, but owning a BlackBerry is amounting to more money, time and trouble than it is worth. :/ Before then I was using a BLU R1 HD and its not my dream phone, so I guess I've learned my lesson about rational & practical spending.
    A very generous offer by the gentleman above me.

I'm not sure you can resell the phone in good conscience if it isn't working?

Posted with my  Classic
    wuberry likes this.
    05-23-17 11:51 PM
    A few things that you may have done, maybe not:

-let the battery completely run out. Like LEDs not blinking anymore and the screen won't turn on. When it gets there, plug it into a wall outlet and let it charge until the LED is a solid green. Attempt to power it on.

-watch a Classic teardown video and physically disconnect the battery for a few minutes. Reconnect and try to power it on.

-use the autoloader for your current version or above. We can't downgrade anymore.

You know the two reset methods: power button for a long while, volume up+down for a long while.

There's one more that I haven't played around with and that's the end call button. It can be used to power on and off the device, though i'm not sure if it'll trigger anything behind the scenes.

If all else fails, I have a mint condition red Q5 SQR100-2 that I'd be happy to donate. You'll want to check band compatibility to see if it'll work for ya.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, plugging it in after it dies isn't very useful because the reboot loop it seems to be stuck in prevents it from charging. I'm afraid of disassembling it because if I f*ck it up then it'll be much worse than it is already. :/ I've tried the autoloader for my current version and for the latest version but neither are working. If I'm probably doing something wrong then what? I've tried both reset methods, but it just doesn't phase it. It's dedicated to that reboot loop. I think I am just going to sell it, I've put a lot of time into trying to get life out of it. Sweet. That would be cool. Is it unlocked? Thanks for your suggestions, by the way.
    05-24-17 08:11 AM
    A very generous offer by the gentleman above me.

I'm not sure you can resell the phone in good conscience if it isn't working?

Posted with my  Classic
    I didn't even see this, I've been so busy with homework and work work. It is a very generous offer and I appreciate the help. I can because I would never sell the phone without specifying that it is not in working order or functioning properly, it doesn't really matter to me whether full transparency will compromise resell value. Its okay if I get tuppins for it (even though it was a little expensive for my budget.)
    05-24-17 08:16 AM
    Wuberry, PM sent about coordinating shipping of the Q5.
    I'd like to have a crack at repairing your Classic. It sounds like a fun challenge. I'll pay shipping on it.
    That'll save some poor sap from losing his hard-earned money on purchasing your dead phone and when you get it back, it might even be working again!
    wuberry and hazmaju like this.
    05-24-17 11:05 AM
    Hi BlueOhSix, I'm not sure if my message went through because it doesn't show up in "sent items." You can definitely have a crack at repairing the Classic, I wouldn't want somebody to buy a dead phone. Thanks for your generosity, well appreciated.
    05-26-17 09:08 PM
    Hi BlueOhSix, I'm not sure if my message went through because it doesn't show up in "sent items." You can definitely have a crack at repairing the Classic, I wouldn't want somebody to buy a dead phone. Thanks for your generosity, well appreciated.
    By default, sent messages aren't archived but you can change that setting.

Posted with my  Classic
    BlueOhSix likes this.
    05-27-17 09:25 PM
    Q5 has been sent. Enjoy, Wuberry!
    hazmaju likes this.
    05-27-17 09:28 PM
    Q5 has been sent. Enjoy, Wuberry!
    Great stuff. You, sir, personify CrackBerry's greatness. Karma will be on your side.

Posted with my  Classic
    05-27-17 11:04 PM