I am getting an unlocked imported Blackberry Classic at 390 USD ( New sealed)
    I am getting an unlocked Blackberry Q10 at 180 USD ( New Sealed)

What would you suggest ?
    Is the Blackberry Classic really worth going at 2.25 times the Blackberry Q10 as i See both have almost the same specs ? Yes toolbar is important to me , but considering the price difference currently , I am tempted to buy the Q10 instead . Maybe wait another 6-8 months for the Classic Price to drop to 260 USD or sumthing !

What do you guys suggest ?
    03-09-15 10:17 PM
    I just switched to the classic from the q10, both are great phones. If your unsure, start with the q10 to see if you even like this type of phone, you can find them pretty cheap on ebay, or even locally if u look hard enough, I drove 2 hours to the middle of iowa to buy a brand new verizon q10 for 35$ (people out here only want iphones and galaxys because they dont get the play store) . I love the classic but I feel like I appreciate what it has to offer after using the q10 for a while. Bottom line they are both great phones, real work horses, so I guess its up to how much you want to spend. And if interested my black and gold q10 will be up for sale shortly.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 10:30 PM
    I had the same thought and coming from android I did not want to waist money on something I was unsure of I still went with the classic. The reason was easy I wanted to give it a fair shot bigger screen wider keyboard and the tool bar so for me it has been a great buy I'd say go with the classic.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 10:31 PM
    Are you a current BB user? This would make a difference. If not I'd say Q10, unless you make dozens of phone calls a day, then the Classic's toolbelt will be worth its weight in gold because of the hard buttons to make and end calls.
    03-09-15 10:34 PM
    Classic. Bigger screen and better battery life.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.1.2480 / Telus
    03-09-15 10:36 PM
    There's several threads about this already!

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    03-09-15 10:42 PM
    I have both. I prefer the Classic for the LCD screen, better keyboard, larger screen, tool belt, USB2GO and better build. Q10 is my backup.

Posted via Classic
    03-09-15 10:58 PM
    Go for the Classic. I like the brighter screen and long battery life. I find it easier to type on the slightly larger keyboard, and the larger display is easier to look at.

Posted via CB10
    Johberry and Xenolock like this.
    03-09-15 11:24 PM
    Definitely the Classic! No contest with the Q10 at all. The Q10 was my old phone for almost a year. The Classic has a bigger screen, better battery life, and you have the precision and efficiency of the trackpad + toolbelt. Selecting, cutting, copying, and pasting text with the Q10 was frustrating.
    iamagod, Johberry and Xenolock like this.
    03-10-15 12:36 AM
    If you really want to spend less and wouldn't mind the smaller size of the Q10 then by all means go for it. It should also be getting/got 10.3 (depending on your carrier).

But I came from Q10 and just recently move up to the Classic. I love the form factor of the Classic, the screen size made a huge difference. Good luck.

Posted via Q10
    03-10-15 06:49 AM
    If you are a first time user (blackberry I assume) go for the q10, it's a very nice phone with a good OS if you are open to it and don't expect features from old bbos

It you are a first time os10 user coming from oldschool devices, go classic all the way

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 06:58 AM
    Get both, if you can. I have both and I love em'!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 03:49 PM
    I can type without looking on my Classic as well as my Passport and it feels great using these keyboards. They're the best two devices ever built by anybody. They just make sense, lots of sense went into these designs.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 03:50 PM
    I have a Q10 on contract which is about to end. Initially the phone was a disappointment and I missed the functionality of the toolbelt, however the upgrades to the operating system (now at 10.31) mean that this is no longer the case. I do not want a larger, heavy phone to cart around which has no removable battery - I use the Q10 extra battery with its nifty charger all the time. I like to type on a keyboard and I like to have incoming messages on the hub blinked at me, with the thing on silent - both unique features of the BlackBerry.

I have a Kindle paperwhite for reading and borrow books for free from my local library.

When my contract ends in May I have decided to keep the phone and go onto a SIM-only contract, which will halve the monthly payment.
    hlg8888 likes this.
    04-03-15 01:21 PM
    I have classic and q10 and love both...if you like to browse a lot maybe classic is little better for the screen size, but both of them are excellent communicating tools...

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 01:48 PM
    Having owned both, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Classic. I found the screen on the BlackBerry Q10 to be horrible when in direct sunlight, you just couldn't see it at all due to its AMOLED display, and color shift/reproduction was an issue for me as well. The addition of the tool belt is also very convenient especially when you learn the functionality and shortcuts, in my opinion it just makes things easier. The trackpad is great for browsing around on the internet, especially on desktop sites where links are harder to click so you don't have to be zooming in and out all of the time to touch just the right spot to get the link you want.

I also prefer the design of the Classic over the Q10, in my opinion it looks better with the stainless steel band around it versus the all-black nature of the Q10. Additionally, the feel of the device when holding it, there's a certain amount of weight to the Classic that makes it satisfying to hold and gives you a certain level of confidence and I feel that the need to slap a case on the Classic is less compared to other devices because of this.

The outright cost for a new Q10 in my area was $360 plus the cost to have it unlocked (since it's only available from a few select places now that are selling off old stock), the price of the Classic unlocked is $499... to me it was a no brainer to spend the little bit of extra money for a device I knew I'd be more satisfied with at the end of the day.

Just my two cents.
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    04-03-15 07:56 PM
    I am getting an unlocked imported Blackberry Classic at 390 USD ( New sealed)
    I am getting an unlocked Blackberry Q10 at 180 USD ( New Sealed)

What would you suggest ?
    Is the Blackberry Classic really worth going at 2.25 times the Blackberry Q10 as i See both have almost the same specs ? Yes toolbar is important to me , but considering the price difference currently , I am tempted to buy the Q10 instead . Maybe wait another 6-8 months for the Classic Price to drop to 260 USD or sumthing !

What do you guys suggest ?
    I personally would rather pay more to get what I want than to pay less and not get what I want. Yes, the specs are identical, yes I wish they come out with a Classic with better specs, but to me, the toolbelt makes things easier and the experience better. So I say if it won't break your bank, just get the Classic.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-03-15 08:10 PM
    Classic for sure. It keeps me coming back from iphone5s

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 08:15 PM
    Classic all the way. Go down to a local store and try both keyboards. You will understand immediately which one attracts you the most. I tried Q10 dozens of times and never liked the keyboard. Too much slipage at the edge keys. Then the Classic came to fruition. Yes is bigger. Yes is larger but it does an amazing job. Try the phones at a store how they feel in your hand. Try to type some sentences and then make your own mind... (but choose the classic nevertheless )
    Demetris

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 07:19 AM
    ahhh... let me think.... ! Classic all the way .
    04-04-15 09:33 AM
    I love the Q10, with its removable battery and it's keyboard, it is in my opinion the most powerful business tool in the world. I was able to get both my brother and my daughter to have one as well. My brother who also has the iphone 5s, bbm'ed me this week to thank me for recommending him the Q10. The removable battery and charger pack proved to be a life-saver in Indonesia on his business trip. Usually by 4 pm he would have to get his battery pack out to charge his iphone not anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and wilber1 like this.
    04-04-15 10:17 AM
    If you like cute little phones, go for the Qute10. If you're concerned with screen size, battery life, and build quality go for the Classic. I have both, and after I received the classic, I am sort of disgusted with the Q10 build quality. Seems like a plastic toy to me.. The classic feels like a solid BB phone that works well. Yes, they are both good phones, but to me, the price difference is justified.
    04-04-15 10:26 AM
    Classic ALL DAY... Toolbelt is super efficient and functional, Q10 shouldve been the classic all along

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 12:18 PM
    Anyone who says the Classic is "too heavy" needs to eat more protein and go run or do some push-ups... Yes, it is heavier, but I got used to it almost right away, now when I pick up my Q10 I feel like it's an empty shell... And now that I'm used to the Classic's screen the Q10's screen looks REALLY dim and the colors all seem off. Transitioning from the Q10 to Classic was easy, don't think I can go back to the Q10 though. I just have it as a backup phone...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    TgeekB and Mausje75 like this.
    04-04-15 12:54 PM
    Don't get the Classic, I have a brand new one and the video apps doesn't work. Been having problems with it. I'm still complaining to Rogers or whoever I can get a hold of at Blackberry
    04-04-15 01:02 PM
61 123