01-03-15 09:52 PM
47 12
tools
    "BlackBerry Classic is the best BlackBerry to date" - Have you even tried the Passport?
    Don't need to when we already have the best.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    01-02-15 04:27 PM
    "BlackBerry Classic is the best BlackBerry to date" - Have you even tried the Passport?
    Using the Passport now & can't wait to get my hand, not hands, on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 04:32 PM
    Every time there's a release, this thread pops up.
    01-02-15 04:49 PM
    Hey OP, you shouldn't like that phone man! Those specs are just whack!

It doesn't matter if you have call or end call buttons, a menu button or a trackpad. It's about what's happening inside and how fast it happens. It's like those phones produced two years ago! Hear that?! 2 friggin' years! And you know what? BlackBerry is probably making good money off of these devices as well, of course that stuff shouldn't happen. You shouldn't have bought it man, what's wrong with you???

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    Xenolock likes this.
    01-02-15 04:58 PM
    I have been seriously thinking about getting a classic, just waited till they hit the stores for a demo. . Two days ago I picked one up and wow felt so good to have a keyboard and belt back after using my z10 since it came out, had a 9900 before it. Last night I read a review on some tech site. His comments were too heavy, listed weights of other phones. The only thing I noticed about its weight was it didn't feel like it was going to blow away or fall out of my hand at the slightest jiggle. The screen was not high spec enough . I text ,BBM and email I don't watch HD movies on my phone. He also marked the non removable battery as a negative.? ? Compared to his favorite ,the phone the IPhone 6? I'm getting one as soon as my bank card recovers from the holidays .

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan and Mr4aces like this.
    01-02-15 05:10 PM
    I do a nightly reboot before I charge my phone. Rebooting usually brings my RAM from 600mb back to 1.6gb.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Just a thought: Have you tried to let the OS do all the management of RAM? I usually don't reboot my BB10 devices at all, I think the longest my Q10 was running without a reboot was about two and a half months. My Passport is now running without any reboot since more than two weeks and currently 2.2 gigs of RAM is occupied. I don't use more/different apps than I did on my Q by the way. According to that, the Q wouldn't work anymore because the amount of RAM would've been exceeded already.

I think per se most modern OS, be it desktop or mobile, are just handling RAM more efficiently and just different compared to older operating systems we used to know.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 12:04 AM
    Still not very comfortable for one hand use though. Q10 was better. Bit too big if you ask me. Been using it for a few days now.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 08:49 AM
    Specs DO NOT matter to everyone. I'm so tired of seeing posts like this one designed to mock or politely back hand another's personal opinion of the phone. We KNOW the specs aren't that of the Passport but some people don't care for the Passport's wide boxy frame & three row keyboard and no amount of specing is going to make up for it.

Posted via CB10
    It's common for people think "higher specifications" equal "better". I'm okay with those who have that thought. I too like the most "horsepower" (ram, processor, video, pixels, ...). Though, my experience with Linux has provided an understanding that SOFTWARE and it's OPTIMIZATION supersedes hardware specifications. Will the Classic dominate the Passport in specific hardware based comparison, probably not. I'm committed to "investing" experience into the Passport (full body Ghost Armor & Vaja case), the device is "deep". Will the Classic provide a top notch "Bold-like" experience? I placed that bet on a Classic order today.
    01-03-15 09:30 AM
    again agreed...Over all those years I have found that Blackberry was always more expensive than other phone on the market..BB has always been for Business first and Consumer second. Until they tried to go full for the consumer which they were too late for that..

So expect the pricing of BB be always higher

Also comparing to Android...: well everybody built it for android so a lot of choices and competitions as opposed to BB. Over time BB will be better at pricing when the market wants them
    Paid $299 on 2 year contract wit ATT for 9900. List was $699. $450 a bargain vs $699.

I would have paid $100+ more for 3gb RAM and removable battery. I have to run an optimizer 3-4x/day and schedule one at night. Charge battery less than 8 hrs due to heavy usage.

Still better than 768mb RAM on the 9900 with less than 280mb usable.

Having 128gb on the microSD is nice so you can upload more music and pictures for FB and TW.

Overall I'm pleased even without RAM and Key Board.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 10:07 AM
    Passport is the greatest but for my needs the Classic is awesome. Size does matter at the end of the day lool

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 04:15 PM
    It is true that the classic is a bit laggy and slow, I'll admit that.. also another really annoying problem is in the browser when your typing stuff it takes lonnng for the letters to appear on the screen

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 06:44 PM
    It is true that the classic is a bit laggy and slow, I'll admit that.. also another really annoying problem is in the browser when your typing stuff it takes lonnng for the letters to appear on the screen

Posted via CB10
    really...don't know what to say..it is fine on my end
    01-03-15 06:57 PM
    Your statement would be true if it had the Passport specs on it. Although a good phone it just feels like a nicely designed midrange phone.

I concur. But unfortunately overpriced.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 07:01 PM
    So if you have a BlackBerry (or say something nice about BlackBerry) at a tech-site you get dissed by Iphone or Android guys.....

On CB, these days, you get dissed from Passport owners if you like your Classic......Nice!

BTW
    - tried the Passport not for me..to big etc.
    - have the Classic...works for me great!
    - end of story

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A and teostar like this.
    01-03-15 07:03 PM
    I loved the classic but had to bail and go back to the passport. Battery life was not up to par for me that is.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 07:03 PM
    So if you have a BlackBerry (or say something nice about BlackBerry) at a tech-site you get dissed by Iphone or Android guys.....

On CB, these days, you get dissed from Passport owners if you like your Classic......Nice!

BTW
    - tried the Passport not for me..to big etc.
    - have the Classic...works for me great!
    - end of story

Posted via CB10
    I agree totally. Cb seems to have become a bickering fest.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 07:10 PM
    I think you might have a point... I also wondered, why they didnt put the classic in a bit higher gear, its excatly as the Q10 spec wise.. and the q10 is like 2 years old or more.. I cant really figure out the strategy of blackberry in this case..
    01-03-15 07:10 PM
    Lol. Exactly. I really think people who have to post comments like that are really trying to convince themselves they love the PP even tho they really don't.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so, at least not for many. Let me tell you our story.

Daughter 9800 to Z10 to good with any upgrade
    Son 9900 to Z10 to Classic (hated the Z10 and touch typing and wanted his keyboard back)
    Me Q10 / Z30 to passport/Z30.

Decision was made. 2 passports and 1 classic were ordered.

Passports came first.

Daughter : her face said it all. Unsure, not love at first sight, especially the boxy shape. I said to her use it for a week and if she doesn't like it she can have my Z30.

Son: told him to use my passport until his Classic arrived as his Z10 was giving him problems.

A week goes by and the Classic comes.

I ask my son when does he want to swap? And he says, sheepishly, can I keep the passport? I love it. So I say sure, but at least use the Classic for a bit and make sure it is the right decision for you. He agrees. Uses it for a couple of days. Says to me - loves the tool belt and how he missed it. So I am thinking I am going to get my passport back. Nope. Says as much as the Classic is nice he loves the passport better overall and no he took to the 3 row keyboard as duck takes to water. This is someone who loved his 9900 and wouldn't trade or move up until it died.

So I moved my Q10 to the Classic. Between the Q and the Classic, the Classic for me is hands down better (and I was one of the guys who initially thought it was a regressive move by BlackBerry). In hindsight this is the phone that should have come in 2012 with 10.3.1 as OS10. We know that was not possible but still would have been nice.

I ask my daughter if she wants the Z30? And she looks at me like in that funny way kids look. And then says to me Dad, thank you for this phone I absolutely love it and no, she doesn't want my Z30. And she gushes about it to all her friends. A first, because she never did that of any of her previous phones.

I, of course, don't get time on the passport too much, other than every now and then.

Bottom line? Both my kids say passport is the best phone they have ever used. And they both hate the loss of one handed use. Still small price for overall better experience.

Well as you can tell who ended up with the Classic. I do like this phone. I just like passport that much better.

So come Feb / March and I am likely going to pull the trigger.

Posted Via The Classic
    chflower likes this.
    01-03-15 07:45 PM
    was a nice story....so you will be going back to passport..

And how was posting it with the Classic?^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by Alain_A; 01-03-15 at 08:30 PM.
    01-03-15 08:01 PM
    was a nice story....so you will be going back to passport..

And how was posting it with the Classic?^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It is a good phone. I do like it. But I keep swiping to delete and of course that does not work or flicking words etc. The Z30 did spoil me. Passport keyboard gives me the best of both worlds. The screen is awesome. I do read a lot and it works for me. Hardware inside is a bonus.

Typing this with my Z30 .

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A, JG_Agustin and chflower like this.
    01-03-15 08:55 PM
    It is a good phone. I do like it. But I keep swiping to delete and of course that does not work or flicking words etc. The Z30 did spoil me. Passport keyboard gives me the best of both worlds. The screen is awesome. I do read a lot and it works for me. Hardware inside is a bonus.

Typing this with my Z30 .

Posted via CB10
    I hear you..One has to be happy and choose what works for him/her..
    chflower likes this.
    01-03-15 09:14 PM
    Just a thought: Have you tried to let the OS do all the management of RAM? I usually don't reboot my BB10 devices at all, I think the longest my Q10 was running without a reboot was about two and a half months. My Passport is now running without any reboot since more than two weeks and currently 2.2 gigs of RAM is occupied. I don't use more/different apps than I did on my Q by the way. According to that, the Q wouldn't work anymore because the amount of RAM would've been exceeded already.

I think per se most modern OS, be it desktop or mobile, are just handling RAM more efficiently and just different compared to older operating systems we used to know.

Posted via CB10
    I'll try not to reboot it so frequently then and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.

01-03-15 09:52 PM
47 12