So I've been getting a few msgs from members asking for my take on the new classic and I've been slow to put up a review because I hadn't gotten to use it until this week.

Hands down this is the most solid BlackBerry i've ever used -- it reminds me a lot of the BlackBerry 9000, and that phone was a giant leap forward.

Just holding this phone it feels very solid and well built, everything about the hardware so far is A1. The software so far has been great for me with the exception of a few small glitches.

Battery life I haven't gotten to test it out properly yet, so I'll post that soon. But this phone is just a pleasure to use... they keyboard is amazing, as is the toolbelt.. still getting used to not hitting "end call" on the screen.

-sackharry

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 07:35 PM
    Feel loved. I want classic too

Typing with excellent touch board z10
    12-31-14 07:36 PM
    I concur! I went from the Bold 9700, 9800, 9900 then decided to switch it up and go for the Z10 for a year and a half. As soon as I heard of the Classic I knew I had to get it. I did not like typing on glass even though the BB10 virtual keyboard was killer but I needed the physical keys under my thumbs! Thanks Chen.

Typed using the Amazing BlackBerry Classic Keyboard
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-31-14 07:43 PM
    Thank you for the review. Waiting for mine. Should arrive next week from ShopBlackberry.com

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    12-31-14 09:29 PM
    Wow I am waiting they bring the very best left from blackberry os...like when you read a email, then you was busy, do not worry, just type G to re-read what you had missed.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 09:38 PM
    Your statement would be true if it had the Passport specs on it. Although a good phone it just feels like a nicely designed midrange phone.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    andy957 likes this.
    01-01-15 03:52 AM
    Your statement would be true if it had the Passport specs on it. Although a good phone it just feels like a nicely designed midrange phone.

Specs DO NOT matter to everyone. I'm so tired of seeing posts like this one designed to mock or politely back hand another's personal opinion of the phone. We KNOW the specs aren't that of the Passport but some people don't care for the Passport's wide boxy frame & three row keyboard and no amount of specing is going to make up for it.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 08:02 AM
    Specs DO NOT matter to everyone. I'm so tired of seeing posts like this one designed to mock or politely back hand another's personal opinion of the phone. We KNOW the specs aren't that of the Passport but some people don't care for the Passport's wide boxy frame & three row keyboard and no amount of specing is going to make up for it.

Posted via CB10
    I hear you!

Somebody is loving his new Classic....and than someone else is reminding him, that he actually should not love it 'because of the specs'

Posted via CB10
    Vintage123 likes this.
    01-01-15 08:23 AM
    I hear you!

Somebody is loving his new Classic....and than someone else is reminding him, that he actually should not love it 'because of the specs'

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Exactly. I really think people who have to post comments like that are really trying to convince themselves they love the PP even tho they really don't.

Posted via CB10
    eji930 likes this.
    01-01-15 08:31 AM
    I hear you!

Posted via CB10
    Kinda along the lines of people who say they love the Z10 and are told they should have gotten the Z30 instead, lol. Why is it so hard to understand that each model has its own appeal and size does matter for a lot of us?

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    01-01-15 09:01 AM
    I don't want the Classic to look like the Passport. The design is quite nice. What I meant is that it should have similar internal specs to the Passport. Coming from a Nexus 5 it feels a bit sluggish even on simple tasks. So it's clearly not the best BlackBerry as claimed in his title. It's probably the nicest designed.

01-01-15 12:13 PM
    Just got the Classic yesterday for my wife and am feeling a bit jealous. I love my Passport, but just the feel of the toolbelt reminded me of how functional it is with calls, and also with minimizing and closing apps etc. I did not for once feel any lack of performance or specs when using the device or camera etc.

I have a Q10 as a second device that may soon get replaced with the Classic. When I went to the AT&T store to get the nano SIM yesterday, two ladies on staff were holding and admiring it and remembering their old Bolds fondly!

I think BBRY got it right with this device as a continuity of the Bold holdouts!

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-01-15 12:47 PM
    I don't want the Classic to look like the Passport. The design is quite nice. What I meant is that it should have similar internal specs to the Passport. Coming from a Nexus 5 it feels a bit sluggish even on simple tasks. So it's clearly not the best BlackBerry as claimed in his title. It's probably the nicest designed.

agreed...still it is very workable...need to compare with android with same spec
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-01-15 12:51 PM
    agreed...still it is very workable...need to compare with android with same spec
    That's true but the Nexus came out 2013 for $349. The Classic came out 2014 for $449. The Moto G may have comparible specs but it's sub $200.

P.S Don't get me wrong guys. The Classic is a really nice phone. I won't go back to my Nexus 5. I know it's been said many times but the price needs to justify the performance.

eji930 likes this.
    01-01-15 01:22 PM
    That's true but the Nexus came out 2013 for $349. The Classic came out 2014 for $449. The Moto G may have comparible specs but it's sub $200.

P.S Don't get me wrong guys. The Classic is a really nice phone. I won't go back to my Nexus 5. I know it's been said many times but the price needs to justify the performance.

again agreed...Over all those years I have found that Blackberry was always more expensive than other phone on the market..BB has always been for Business first and Consumer second. Until they tried to go full for the consumer which they were too late for that..

So expect the pricing of BB be always higher

Also comparing to Android...: well everybody built it for android so a lot of choices and competitions as opposed to BB. Over time BB will be better at pricing when the market wants them
    01-01-15 01:41 PM
    I think everyone will agree how the "best" title always refers to each individual needs and in most cases represents the sole opinion of the person who reviews it. For example, the majority of people I know use their phones today mostly, and I'd say 3/4 of the time spent on the phone, for multimedia purposes only. Playing games, watching movies and tv series or browsing the web. Those people most likely will never consider either a Passport or a Classic.

The ongoing "Classic or Passport?" discussions are leading nowhere, yet reading the experiences of people using the devices can really help you if you are unsure which device to get, or in my case, if you should devices. A lot of those reports are extremely helpful for me and I start to regret more and more my impatient decision to buy the Passport instead of waiting another eight weeks to order the Classic. On the same side I can already tell it will be quite tough for some of my uses to give up the screen estate the Passport offers. Stuff like this somehow combines whether a phone suits your needs best and thus make the best BlackBerry out there.

For example I enjoyed writing longer texts with all my QWERTY phones, be it horizontal slider or my first standard BlackBerry device, the Bold 9900. On the Passport I also enjoy typing texts, the keys are specious, the feedback is nice, but I simply don't enjoy it as much as I did with my Q10 or 9900 and it boils down to the missing fourth button row. As nice and interesting the idea of the hybrid keyboard with the adjusting virtual row is, I have kinda mastered it, yet the joy is not on the same level as it was with previous devices. And enjoying texts I create is one of the most important aspects for me when choosing a phone. Last but not least, besides size related concerns, this is the number one reason why I keep jealously reading reviews and experiences of the Classic and the ongoing keyboard praises.

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A likes this.
    01-01-15 02:13 PM
    absolutely to each their own what is the best^^^^^^^^^
    01-01-15 03:47 PM

I'm coming from the Nexus 5 also and am not sure you mean by sluggish. Could you give me some examples? With shortcuts and the toolbelt, the Classic seems just as fast to me.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    01-01-15 04:28 PM
    I'm coming from the Nexus 5 also and am not sure you mean by sluggish. Could you give me some examples? With shortcuts and the toolbelt, the Classic seems just as fast to me.

When I open the calculator, calendar, phone, pictures, etc. Simple default apps like those. It can take up to 3 seconds to open. On the Nexus 5 it'll open as I lift my finger from the glass. I don't play games on my phone but when I tested out Angry Birds just to test it. It's like watching snails on molasses.

01-02-15 03:24 AM
    When I open the calculator, calendar, phone, pictures, etc. Simple default apps like those. It can take up to 3 seconds to open. On the Nexus 5 it'll open as I lift my finger from the glass. I don't play games on my phone but when I tested out Angry Birds just to test it. It's like watching snails on molasses.

do you turn off your phone at night? If the phone was off, when turn it back on it may be slower at opening app, but when the app as open once and you close the app the second time the app open way much faster.

I leave my phone on at night, I open up 4 apps, when I touch or use the track pad to recall those app well I find it pretty instant to come up
    01-02-15 05:49 AM
    "BlackBerry Classic is the best BlackBerry to date" - Have you even tried the Passport?
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-02-15 02:45 PM
    do you turn off your phone at night? If the phone was off, when turn it back on it may be slower at opening app, but when the app as open once and you close the app the second time the app open way much faster.

I leave my phone on at night, I open up 4 apps, when I touch or use the track pad to recall those app well I find it pretty instant to come up
    I do a nightly reboot before I charge my phone. Rebooting usually brings my RAM from 600mb back to 1.6gb.

01-02-15 02:47 PM
    It is good that folks like diffrent devices depending on their needs..
    I am more into the passport but that is just becouse I like the design and the bigger screen. And the camera helps to..
    But the classic is a very sweet device and so 1h friendly..

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 03:08 PM
    We have just ordered a Classic for my mother, to replace her Q10. I just got a Passport for Christmas and she tried it, but did not like it. Regardless of specs or size screen, she misses the old BlackBerry toolbelt.

Although the Q10 worked well for her, she always found herself struggling with editing text. So for her the Classic is definitely the "best" BlackBerry. For me it's the Passport and then the Z30, both of which I own, but I'm younger and more keen to learning/adapting to new technology.

I have offered my father to trade his Z10 for my Z30. Even though they are similar in function, so far he's not convinced and has refused. For him the Z10 does the job and makes him happy.

Yes, the Passport has great specs and those of us who have it will hopefully exploit them fully. Those who choose the Classic are doing it for a reason, whether nostalgia or simple practicality. Everyone has a "perfect" BlackBerry and that's the one that suits them better.

For OP the Classic is the best BlackBerry to date, for us Passport users is the latter. I think we're both right, no need to argue about it. We should be glad BlackBerry is catering for different type of users.

Posted from the mighty Z30!
    Melinium, Alain_A and wincyUt like this.
    01-02-15 03:48 PM

I'm not disbelieving you but I don't get that. Apps open almost immediately. Certainly nothing that affects usage.

01-02-15 04:26 PM
47 12