I was hoping the Classic interactions will be as good as the BB 9900.

But it is not (I had one for few minutes) yes the phone has the buttons but interactions are limited:
    The menu button very is limited. And pressing the Trackpad is doing almost noting in most cases.
    E.g. Typing a phone number on the home screen to make a call or to send a text:
    1. The Buttons in the Bold:
    Phone: Make a call to the number.
    Menu: Will open full choices menu to make a call or to send text etc.
    Trackpad: Will open Simple choices to call or to send text etc.

2. The classic:
    Phone: Bring phone application but forget the phone number I just entered -almost as bad as iPhone.
    Menu: Bring up the Select Menu. This is useless because I just wanted to make a call or send text messages.
    Trackpad: Will make the call.

Yes ... I could have used the touch screen and with complicated interaction as iPhone I could make a call or send text but then ... what are the benefits of having BB?

How complicated is to Copy the great interaction of the Bold to the new BB classic?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-26-14 04:10 PM
    Keyword: "few minutes". Play around on it for a week and you'll see it's superior. There are some drawbacks, but the positives of BB10 completely outweigh OS7.
    11-26-14 05:08 PM
    I am totally surprised. I was certain that the trackpad and menu buttons will have the same functionality as in Bold 9900. They are the only reason, I still keep 9900 (using iphone 6 as well) and I expected them in the Classic. Otherwise, this phone does not make sense (to me).
    11-26-14 06:14 PM
    The Classic is not the Bold 9900. BBOS is dead. Welcome BB10, new ways of doing things. The OS is young and BB is showing that they will bring back some features from back then which they have done. I say give BB10 a few more updates and we'll be back to the functionality of the BBOS. Just my 2 cents.

PS I'm looking forward to the Classic

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 09:36 PM
    Instead of just typing the number from the homescreen, type "call 0800yournumberhere" and you'll get an instant action to perform the call. I have to say in this regard though: I highly dislike the new 10.3.x assistent compared to the old 10.2.x instant actions. For example just typing along "tweet EnterTweetRightHere" and press enter to create a tweet (or even a note) on the fly is not possible any longer. How I have to select the instant action on the touch screen instead of just typing along. Don't know why they changed it for the worse.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 10:33 PM
    I have the new assistant too. Loved the one on 10.2 with instant action

Instead of just typing the number from the homescreen, type "call
    0800yournumberhere" and you'll get an instant action to perform the call. I have to say in this regard though: I highly dislike the new 10.3.x assistent compared to the old 10.2.x instant actions. For example just typing along "tweet EnterTweetRightHere" and press enter to create a tweet (or even a note) on the fly is not possible any longer. How I have to select the instant action on the touch screen instead of just typing along. Don't know why they changed it for the worse.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 07:27 AM
    Instead of just typing the number from the homescreen, type "call 0800yournumberhere" and you'll get an instant action to perform the call. I have to say in this regard though: I highly dislike the new 10.3.x assistent compared to the old 10.2.x instant actions. For example just typing along "tweet EnterTweetRightHere" and press enter to create a tweet (or even a note) on the fly is not possible any longer. How I have to select the instant action on the touch screen instead of just typing along. Don't know why they changed it for the worse.

Posted via CB10
    I don't get why they can't make it work so you can just type the number instead of having to type out "call" first. How is an old obsolete OS faster at doing these basic things than the "new and improved" OS??

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-27-14 12:26 PM
    I'm guessing here as I don't know anything about designing a OS. I would think it's how the OS's were/are designed.

I don't get why they can't make it work so you can just type the number instead of having to type out "call" first. How is an old obsolete OS faster at doing these basic things than the "new and improved" OS??

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 12:28 PM
    I'm guessing here as I don't know anything about designing a OS. I would think it's how the OS's were/are designed.

Posted via CB10
    I guess, I'm no programmer either, but it definitely couldn't be impossible on any platform. If an outdated OS running on outdated hardware can do it on the fly, I don't see why a much more powerful OS and hardware cannot. But they've been bringing features back from legacy devices little by little. But I really think they should focus on the core functions of the phone such as making phone calls before they bother with all of that multimedia stuff... Just my opinion though...
    11-27-14 12:46 PM
    Yeah I like that they are bringing stuff back, they really do need to focus on the core stuff from back then that made us fall in love with BB.

You're right about phone calls, it would make so much more sense to just type the number and press the send button and it calls instead of type call then the number for it to dial.

I guess, I'm no programmer either, but it definitely couldn't be impossible on any platform. If an outdated OS running on outdated hardware can do it on the fly, I don't see why a much more powerful OS and hardware cannot. But they've been bringing features back from legacy devices little by little. But I really think they should focus on the core functions of the phone such as making phone calls before they bother with all of that multimedia stuff... Just my opinion though...

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 02:05 PM