I just got my classic about 4-5 hours ago now and it came out of the box with about 30 percent and I drained it to about 10-20 percent and charged it back up to 35 and it hasn't even been half an hour and it went from 30 percent to dead. Help.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 09:32 PM
    I had the same issue. It will be few days before battery and operating system settle down. Everything is setting up. It's also a good idea to do a restart. Be patient, in couple of days you will notice improvement in battery life. Now my battery lasts me 1 day of heavy usage or 2 of moderated usage.
    06-14-15 10:56 PM
    I had the same issue. It will be few days before battery and operating system settle down. Everything is setting up. It's also a good idea to do a restart. Be patient, in couple of days you will notice improvement in battery life. Now my battery lasts me 1 day of heavy usage or 2 of moderated usage.
    Okay thank you, Iam curious as to how to restart the phone as compared to turning it off?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 11:03 PM
    Okay thank you, Iam curious as to how to restart the phone as compared to turning it off?

Posted via CB10
    Press and hold your end key (top right on the toolbelt) it will bring up this screen:

Blackberry Classic Battery Issue-img_20150615_080113.png

Click 'restart' on bottom right corner...

Continue a long press and hold until the screen counts down from 3 to 0 to turn off...

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 07:03 AM
    I just got my classic about 4-5 hours ago now and it came out of the box with about 30 percent and I drained it to about 10-20 percent and charged it back up to 35 and it hasn't even been half an hour and it went from 30 percent to dead. Help.

Posted via CB10
    So you didn't full charge the phone? The 1st thing you should do is full charge it. It going to be consuming a lot of power on its initial setup, so a full charge is needed or better yet leave it plugged in.
    Also, these new lithium batteries don't need to be drained and recharged.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 07:16 AM
    So you didn't full charge the phone? The 1st thing you should do is full charge it. It going to be consuming a lot of power on its initial setup, so a full charge is needed or better yet leave it plugged in.
    Also, these new lithium batteries don't need to be drained and recharged.

Posted via CB10
    Phone should be fully charged and then you can begin using it. Everything from contacts, email, social accounts etc is syncing when you first install everything so battery usage can suck for the beginning days but it will settle down. My average battery life with mod to heavy usage is 24 hours and gets better.

You'll see the benefits of the battery in due time. This is why they always suggest charging the battery to full for the first time. It's hard when you want to get your hands on the Classic

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    06-15-15 07:21 AM
    Everyone says the modern batteries don't need to be fully drained & then fully charged again, but they are rated to have so many cycles of charging. One thing I've always wondered; say your phone gets to 45% and then you top it back up to 100%. Does that count as one of your... 600 expected charge cycles from your phone battery? (600 is a very loose guess, by the way!).

If someone habitually puts their phone on charge when it hits 20% will the memory affect REALLY not occur? I still find that hard to believe. On the other side of the coin, they keep making statements like 'modern batteries', but the lithium ion battery hasn't changed much in the last 20 years, part of the reason they're so woefully inadequate powering today's phones.
    06-15-15 03:44 PM
    @Frank, you get 24+ hours from your Classic with heavy usage. You are my hero. Please instruct me in the savvy ways you manage to squeeze so much battery life out of your phone, because I would love to be able to do the same on mine.

To start with, I have no Android apps installed. Everything comes from Blackberry World. I have screen brightness set to 40-45%, I live in a strong cellular signal area, I've double-checked and shut off all unnecessary bits and pieces e.g. swipe-to-wake screen, security features, minimise e-mail syncing to once every few hours. Use the phone for many 30 mins to an hour and my battery life is ABYSMAL compared to yours.

For example, when I do everything that I say above, my phone can barely get to the end of one day. It collapses across the finish line before needing to be shot like a lame horse.

Yours is the horse that runs forever on the beach in silhouette, with the sun behind it, in slow-mo... with a life-affirming orchestral soundtrack.

Help me Obi-Wan.
    06-15-15 03:49 PM
    I have two email accounts, one twitter, FB, iGrann, & surf CB regularly along with some other browsing.

Mileage varies from time to time but my avg battery goes from 19-24 hrs battery life.

No android stuff at all either.

Blackberry Classic Battery Issue-img_20150615_210053.png

06-15-15 08:05 PM
    I also make sure that with the social accounts I turn the "find friends" off (Twitter, FB, LinkedIN etc) as that causes a bit of work behind the scenes and depending on the number of contacts you have can take some battery life away.

06-15-15 09:06 PM