13 March 2017 15:58

Since three days the battery (fix in-build) of my BB Classic drained very fast.

Under normal use (device monitor) battery discharged from 100% to 0% in 15 to 20 minutes. The charging was equally fast 10 to 15 Minutes from 0 to 100 %. ???

I rebooted, restored. No change. After a restore to my BB Link I made two times a hard restore. Still no change . Then I restored the BB to its old position and was convinced that I had a dead Battery.

Went on the net to find Battery replacement. Very difficult due to our residence country > Zambia no delivery.

Finally my old Battery supplier "BatteryUpgrade.ch <[email protected]" in Switzerland answered my query mail with the Question:
    Could you please send us the part numbers (p/n) mentioned on your original battery?

I opened the BB backcover. When I saw the connector, I sought it could no hurt to make a "Battery disconnect" with a minute or two without power to the System.

This did the Trick. My BB works as usual with a two to three days power.

Simple > power off totally the system.

Does anyone know why my disconnection worked and why BB did install a battery "not to be disconnected" if such problems could occur?

Thank you
    03-13-17 09:43 AM
    Definitely sounds like a reason to want a removable battery.... but truth is I haven't heard of too many people with newer phones that have permanent batteries having issues that require the device being opened and disassembled. Your fix might have been a ONE in a 100 MILLION...

Either way, glad it fixed your issue...
    03-13-17 11:30 AM
    Sounds similar to my problem I opened a thread 3 days ago here...will try the same if I find tools (travelling) .

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 03:13 PM