I've had my Classic for well over 12 months. I've got to say the battery life has never been great but over the last few months it definitely getting worse. Need a phone that will last the day, however the keyboard on the classic is second to none.
    Has anyone else been disappointed in the battery life?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 04:53 AM
    I'm quite happy with the battery actually. It always lasts me at least a whole day. Yesterday I went to bed and it still had about 50% charge left!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 11:56 AM
    Perhaps an android app or other social media, anti virus software etc is draining your battery. I had the same issue on my Passport last year and found an android app was the culprit. Maybe this will help, check your system monitor to see what might be the cause

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    05-10-16 12:05 PM
    @Conbrio29, are you using it with the data services on? Or just when you need data?

Pinoy Whiteberry Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    05-10-16 08:53 PM
    @Conbrio29, are you using it with the data services on? Or just when you need data?

Pinoy Whiteberry Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Data services, mobile network, WiFi all on.

It has to do with the way I use the device. I used to be quite addicted to it before that it would probably last until late afternoon. But I've retrained myself (or actually I'd say the device has retrained me!) to not pick it up all the time out of boredom.

If you only use the device to send a communication when needed, and respond to a message when needed, and look up pertinent information when necessary, then the battery should last you at least a day.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 10:06 PM
    Blackberry Classic Battery-img_20160510_213242.png

Here's my Classic's battery usage today. At least 50% left still close to bedtime.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 10:33 PM
    Activate battery save modus and work time of your classic will be longer.

Posted via CB10 and Classic
    05-11-16 05:58 AM
    I have just changed my settings to this, but the screen is really dark. Suppose I will get used to this. Thanks
    05-11-16 10:52 AM
    I've just checked the usage graph on my phone and there are massive troughs. How do you get such an even usage. I have changed the setting to the battery save mode.I hope this will make a big diffrence.
    05-11-16 10:54 AM
    I've just checked the usage graph on my phone and there are massive troughs. How do you get such an even usage. I have changed the setting to the battery save mode.I hope this will make a big diffrence.
    Honestly, just don't use the phone as much.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 01:54 PM
    Honestly, just don't use the phone as much.

Posted via CB10
    Its my mobile office. 3 hours of phone calls and 50 emails a day. It does get hammered a little. But that's what they are built for ......
    05-12-16 06:21 AM
    Its my mobile office. 3 hours of phone calls and 50 emails a day. It does get hammered a little. But that's what they are built for ......
    If the primary use of the device is for calls and emails, it should still provide an acceptable battery life. Mind you, 3 hours of phone calls is a lot. How long did your 'cordless' home phone last you?

At first I thought the other user was being a bit too cheeky telling you to use your phone less but, honestly, if you are using your phone constantly, it is pretty unfair to expect it to last through the entire day. A device with a bigger battery (like the Passport) will get you farther with phone calls or standby time but the Classic, with its smaller screen and CPU, actually lasts longer than the Passport under constant use.

It's really about how you use the device that will get you farther in the day. I get through the day without any trouble but when I was using it for much longer periods of the day, I used to top it off with the car charger on the way home from work. Really though, I don't see any shame in that. If it's not dying on you in the middle of when you need it most and you can plan to charge it during your downtime, I don't see a problem. It's an electronic device and it does a lot for what it is. I think sometimes people expect a bit much. How many "double A's" do you think you would go through to get the same usage? :P
    05-12-16 07:08 AM
    If the primary use of the device is for calls and emails, it should still provide an acceptable battery life. Mind you, 3 hours of phone calls is a lot. How long did your 'cordless' home phone last you?

At first I thought the other user was being a bit too cheeky telling you to use your phone less but, honestly, if you are using your phone constantly, it is pretty unfair to expect it to last through the entire day. A device with a bigger battery (like the Passport) will get you farther with phone calls or standby time but the Classic, with its smaller screen and CPU, actually lasts longer than the Passport under constant use.

It's really about how you use the device that will get you farther in the day. I get through the day without any trouble but when I was using it for much longer periods of the day, I used to top it off with the car charger on the way home from work. Really though, I don't see any shame in that. If it's not dying on you in the middle of when you need it most and you can plan to charge it during your downtime, I don't see a problem. It's an electronic device and it does a lot for what it is. I think sometimes people expect a bit much. How many "double A's" do you think you would go through to get the same usage? :P
    No problem. I've just been on the UK Blackberry website and ordered a 2nd one for 269. What a bargain.....I will take the two phones out with me. Passport is not portable enough for me. Thank You for all your comments. JOB DONE.
    05-12-16 09:21 AM

Not being cheeky, just being logical. Less use means less battery drain right?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 10:24 AM
    Go into settings -> security -> app permissions and disable running in background and running while minimized. I only have a few apps installed but notice a slight bump in battery power from doing this.

Classic battery lasts well through a long busy day, so long as I refrain from using android apps or playing games (brick breaker, jelly cats, etc). Those all drain the battery super fast, especially the android apps.

 C L A S S I C
    acovey and ANONAMOUS16 like this.
    05-12-16 11:06 PM
    Mine is great, only charge every second day and have even gone three days. No Android apps or kids games.
    05-12-16 11:33 PM
    To finalise this post. I've taken off about half my android apps and tweaked the app settings and I'm getting about 30% better battery life. This now takes me to 8PM until the battery goes. This is what I expected to get when I purchased the phone. Very happy with that.
    Just received my 269 white classic as a back up. I will download minimal apps onto this phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 02:07 AM
    Use the tools on the phone to identify what is draining you the most it will probably be a social media account. However I found at one point an android app was ruining my battery. Thankfully the classic has the tools to easily troubleshoot this kind of problem.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Classic
    05-24-16 05:39 AM