View Poll Results: When the Q20 arrives, which one (of the QWERTY BBs) will be your main BlackBerry phone?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bold 9900

0 0%
  • Q10

3 10.00%
  • Q20

27 90.00%
    BlackBerry CEO John Chen announced the upcoming Q20 (via Re/code):

A second phone, the BlackBerry Q20 (though Chen calls the BlackBerry Classic), will have a more traditional keyboard and trackpad and is due out before the end of the year.
    Can't wait, I've been wanting to replace my aging Bold 9900.

How about you?
    02-25-14 08:23 AM
    Instead of the regular bold keys could you try the Porcshe Design buttons? Wouldn't that suit the device better

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 08:29 AM
    I'm fine with bringing back the navigation keys. And the track pad does not bother me one bit.

But just bringing back those items is not enough. I want "Q" for silent (and the other shortcuts) and I want my old notification profiles back.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Oddsocket likes this.
    02-25-14 09:13 AM
    I am interested to see the implementation with the os

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 09:23 AM
    Instead of the regular bold keys could you try the Porcshe Design buttons? Wouldn't that suit the device better
    Posted via CB10
    I don't think BlackBerry is allowed to use Porsche button design, it's exclusively made for BlackBerry phones with Porsche design. We probably won't be seeing new button design in the Q20, BlackBerry is set to go back to what make users love their BlackBerry: Bold's buttons.
    02-26-14 02:19 AM
    I'm fine with bringing back the navigation keys. And the track pad does not bother me one bit.

But just bringing back those items is not enough. I want "Q" for silent (and the other shortcuts) and I want my old notification profiles back.
    I agree with bringing back the navigation buttons, but it seems odd to use both track-pad and touchscreen on the same device. I'd like to see how BlackBerry combine the best of both worlds in the Q20.

Again, agree with the shortcut buttons, silent button is a must. And I hate the small lock/unlock button on the top of the Bold 9900, they should make it bigger.
    02-26-14 02:22 AM
    I am interested to see the implementation with the os
    Posted via CB10
    It'll be interesting to see BlackBerry comes up with new UI design for the next Q-series...
    02-26-14 02:23 AM
    It'll be interesting to see BlackBerry comes up with new UI design for the next Q-series...
    I wonder if swiping up and right to peak could be done from the track pad. In bbos you had to move your thumb centimeters to navigate the device. Bb10 you need to take big long screen gestures. We'll see!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 07:52 AM
    I wonder if swiping up and right to peak could be done from the track pad. In bbos you had to move your thumb centimeters to navigate the device. Bb10 you need to take big long screen gestures. We'll see!
    Posted via CB10
    That's why it will be odd to have both the trackpad and touchscreen on one device.. Hopefully BlackBerry can pull it off nicely.
    02-27-14 04:11 AM
    If so, the screen will probably smaller like the BB7 Bold Touch 9900.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 04:29 AM
    If so, the screen will probably smaller like the BB7 Bold Touch 9900.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, it will be 3.5 inch screen. It's gonna be the biggest touch screen on a physical QWERTY device by BlackBerry. The Q10 has a 3.1 inch screen.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 via CB10
    02-27-14 05:09 AM
    That's why it will be odd to have both the trackpad and touchscreen on one device.. Hopefully BlackBerry can pull it off nicely.
    Odd? Practically the whole BB7 range had both, 3 years ago. What's so odd about that?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-27-14 05:09 AM
    Nope, it will be 3.5 inch screen. It's gonna be the biggest touch screen on a physical QWERTY device by BlackBerry. The Q10 has a 3.1 inch screen.
    I wish BlackBerry use much-much bigger touchscreen on the Q20, I'm talking about the Z10's screen size.

Would you like it if BlackBerry make a phone that look like the iPhone with Typo keyboard?
    02-27-14 07:31 AM
    Odd? Practically the whole BB7 range had both, 3 years ago. What's so odd about that?
    Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Yes, odd. When the iPhone and Android phones started the touchscreen craze 4-5 years ago, BlackBerry sticks to one of its philosophy cores: the "belt" (trackpad included). Combined with the touchscreen, the "belt" is still being used even in its all-touchscreen phones like the Curve 9380, Torch 9860, Storm 9550, etc. And the market responded; it's odd, resulting in the drop of those BlackBerry phones sales.

Of course, CrackBerries (me included) who know the power of the trackpad and how to use it to its full extent, rejoice for the combination of trackpad and touchscreen on one device. But that's not the case for other users, especially first smartphone users, these users love touching the big-sized on-screen buttons. And it's exactly the opposite of BB OS7, which the on-screen buttons are still small and most of the advanced menus are operated through the "belt" buttons.

The more I ponder into this, the more I realized that if John Chen is set to successfully bring back the "belt" into the Q20, it has to have the best of both worlds: ease of use (UI / user interface) with the touchscreen, and the power of using the "belt" on the UI.
    02-27-14 08:16 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry is allowed to use Porsche button design, it's exclusively made for BlackBerry phones with Porsche design. We probably won't be seeing new button design in the Q20, BlackBerry is set to go back to what make users love their BlackBerry: Bold's buttons.
    I don't mean to copy it but to fit the styling the old BlackBerry buttons were hell. I hope it's a band of touch sensitive buttons like the android bottom bar or the windows phone bottom bar.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 08:31 AM
    Trackpad/belt buttons! Whoooohoooo!

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    02-27-14 07:10 PM
    I don't mean to copy it but to fit the styling the old BlackBerry buttons were hell. I hope it's a band of touch sensitive buttons like the android bottom bar or the windows phone bottom bar.
    Posted via CB10
    "the styling the old BlackBerry buttons were hell"??

If it's a on-screen "belt", that will pops-out when called upon, that's a good idea.
    02-27-14 08:40 PM
    Trackpad/belt buttons! Whoooohoooo!

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    What's your choice? I didn't see you choose in the poll above...
    02-27-14 08:41 PM
    My 9900 has a worthy successor in BB Q20.
    Now, I will be back to using one device. I really hope it comes with beefy battery life and options too.
    Joe Clean likes this.
    02-28-14 10:17 AM
    My 9900 has a worthy successor in BB Q20.
    Now, I will be back to using one device. I really hope it comes with beefy battery life and options too.
    Cross our fingers, hopefully that will come true.
    02-28-14 11:37 AM
    I can't vote on this poll because there are no official specs on the phone. It really depends on if the phone itself is worth my money before I determine if I want to get it. Just putting the track pad and buttons on it isn't going to seal the deal for me...
    02-28-14 11:49 AM
    I can't vote on this poll because there are no official specs on the phone. It really depends on if the phone itself is worth my money before I determine if I want to get it. Just putting the track pad and buttons on it isn't going to seal the deal for me...
    I hope BlackBerry will put all of their best features and hardware specs into the Q20, that is if the Q-series is still their flagship phone.
    03-01-14 09:11 AM
    I voted Q20, but that's really contingent on how the device turns out. I'm particularly worried about these rumors of a 3.5" screen, it really needs to be the same size as the Q10/9900 (elongated for the trackpad of course) or it's probably not going to fit in my pocket.
    03-02-14 05:59 AM
    I voted Q20, but that's really contingent on how the device turns out. I'm particularly worried about these rumors of a 3.5" screen, it really needs to be the same size as the Q10/9900 (elongated for the trackpad of course) or it's probably not going to fit in my pocket.
    Well, you can calculate the size difference. A 3.5" screen diagonal would only be like 7mm wider and taller than the current 3.1" screen. Which is like .28" wider and taller. It's not THAT much of a difference. You'll notice it visually, but unless your pockets are so small that the Q10 just barely squeezes in there now, it won't be a problem. I guess if you wore girl skinny jeans maybe, but normal pockets fit the phone with plenty of room to spare.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-02-14 10:33 AM
    Voted for Q20, actually looking for a Q10 to replace my Z10 now. Unfortunately prices are
    still quite high even on eBay. Not bad prices if I weren't retired, no overtime any more.
    03-02-14 12:06 PM
29 12