hey guys. Been a blackberry fan FOREVER and still rock the Classic on Verizon as my #1 phone. I work in IT so of course I do rock a Samsung as secondary phone, but for calls and texts, Blackberry classic is where it's at. The battery NEVER dies and its been rock solid for calls and texts. I don't use the web browser or anything else on the Classic, as I find it basically unusable.

That being said, I do occasionally have issues sending/receiving texts. A Reboot usually fixes it. I've been able to manage it up until recently; in the last few weeks however texts and calls have been extremely frustrating. I suspect it has something to do with Verizon CDMA network.

Since I'm told Verizon CDMA is going away, I'm considering switching to T Mobile or Att or ? to run my Blackberry Classic. I will not give up on the Classic just because it no longer works on Verizon!!!

What do you guys think will work better - t mobile or att? any experience? Anyone else have similar texting issues?

thanks guys you rock and LONG LIVE BLACKBERRY
    08-18-20 12:28 PM
    I'd ask friends and family which carriers work best in your area. Some markets everything might be equal, some they aren't.

BB10 devices aren't on T-Mobile supported list when they are ending 3G the first of next year....

So AT&T might be your best bet.
    08-19-20 07:05 AM
    even though the Classic has 4G?

I wonder if WiFi calling works on the Classic with T Mobile or ATT..
    08-19-20 11:02 AM
    I'd ask friends and family which carriers work best in your area. Some markets everything might be equal, some they aren't.

BB10 devices aren't on T-Mobile supported list when they are ending 3G the first of next year....

So AT&T might be your best bet.
    Do you happen to know what is being done with 2G at that time? Trash bin of history as well, or will some be left over for some legacy purposes or some other reason?

Update. Nevermind, found the answer
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Jaedub1022; 08-19-20 at 01:15 PM.
    08-19-20 11:36 AM

Couple problems here. Each carrier used to have BB10 hardware optimized for it’s carrier network. Since BB was SO desperate for carrier bulk sales, BB let the carriers really call the shots. VZW hardware doesn’t operate well on AT&T or the opposite for starters. Then factor in CDMA vs GSM, missing LTE bands. BB factory unlocked played best on T-Mobile since usually it same hardware just adding T-Mobile branding.

I’d say AT&T is your best choice but your going to need AT&T Classic and definite that VZW Classic won’t be optimal when used on dinner network
    08-19-20 03:28 PM

Only tried using it at work and could be something on their end for all I know, but never was able to on multiple Classics (except possibly a Verizon 'branded' version but don't recall exactly, been awhile) and same with Q10s. T-mobile btw.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-20 09:07 PM
    My VZW Classic worked fine on AT&T, I had signal when a bus full of other folks got lost in the Wisconsin woods on a school camping trip. Never had signal issues. Since the Classic does not support VoLTE as far as I know, no models would work with VZW, AT&T, or T-Mobile after that transition takes place. AT&T will give you the longest time.
    08-19-20 10:00 PM
    For what its worth, my local T Mobile store didn't think that my "new" BB Classic would work on their network. He told me to go with AT&T. Has anyone had luck with activating a Classic on T Mobile recently?
    08-20-20 02:11 PM
    My VZW Classic worked fine on AT&T, I had signal when a bus full of other folks got lost in the Wisconsin woods on a school camping trip. Never had signal issues. Since the Classic does not support VoLTE as far as I know, no models would work with VZW, AT&T, or T-Mobile after that transition takes place. AT&T will give you the longest time.
    From what I have read, by early 2021 AT&T will be the only option for BB10 in the USA. AT&T support will end in early 2022.
    08-20-20 06:25 PM
    I ended up buying a Classic on ebay and activating on ATT prepaid. Will update this thread if I get a proper chance to use it. I've been having some weird SMS issues out of the gate. I've posted a separate thread for this.

Update: Simple SIM reseat fixed the SMS/MMS issues. Back to testing!
    Last edited by classicforever; 09-10-20 at 01:17 PM.
    09-09-20 10:28 PM