Be aware that Evernote stopped supporting BB10 over a year ago. It no longer syncs to the Remember app (which was a fantastic combo) and you'll have trouble seeing items you uploaded from other devices (desktop, web, etc) via your Classic. That said, Evernote is really handy for quick cloud storage, but don't expect it to sync well in BB10 anymore.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    Outlook.com syncs perfectly with Remember tasks, and MS Exchange syncs perfectly with tasks and notes in Remember.

That may not meet everyone's needs, but 100% cloud sync for Remember is still available.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    hazmaju likes this.
    12-26-18 08:18 PM
    There's an apparent contradiction here, if the Classic was such a bad experience or such a bad device why would you own so many? I own two and I love the device (its an incredible device still going strong into 2019) but I wouldn't think of owning five?! Holy! Sure someone can own many and you often see lots of 10-20 sold on ebay (by vendors to vendors) but if the device wasn't worth having? And once again, of course the Key2 is a more modern device (you can't compare a Classic to a Key2, that's foolish), but given how many people prefer BB10 (at least in this forum that's dedicated to the Classic and BB10 OS) over Android, I'll ride the good-ship BB10 until its departure 31-12-2019 or possibly longer.
    I just bought them one at a time for really cheap.

I would just pull them out of the packaging, play with them, set them up with the Cobalt Google stuff, put my sim in, try to see what it's like to find myself running back to Priv/KEYone/KEY2/LE lol.

They felt really good in the hands and we're a jot to type on, but my LE just serves me so much better.
    hazmaju likes this.
    12-27-18 01:20 PM
    Good to know, although I specifically addressed EverNote because someone in here mentioned it, and it's what I used for years (I've never had an Outlook or Exchange account), and it worked so seamlessly with Remember. I was very disappointed when I received an email from EverNote saying they would no longer be supporting their BB10 app or synching between BB10 and other platforms.

Outlook.com syncs perfectly with Remember tasks, and MS Exchange syncs perfectly with tasks and notes in Remember.

That may not meet everyone's needs, but 100% cloud sync for Remember is still available.

12-28-18 03:12 AM
    Good to know, although I specifically addressed EverNote because someone in here mentioned it, and it's what I used for years (I've never had an Outlook or Exchange account), and it worked so seamlessly with Remember. I was very disappointed when I received an email from EverNote saying they would no longer be supporting their BB10 app or synching between BB10 and other platforms.

Yes, Remember/Evernote was a great combination.

12-28-18 09:55 AM
    So it sounds like you did purchase used BB phones, this is contradictory to what you implore others to do. I think you'd get more traction in your messaging to purchase new Key2s (I'm ok with that) if you didn't trash or ridicule posters using BB10 devices and if you were helpful to others, but you are neither helpful nor honest.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-28-18 12:47 PM
    Folks, let's talk about the phones and not about each other in here, please.

12-28-18 08:45 PM
    You could create folders inside Remember, which would sync to EverNote so seamlessly that you might not even notice. I don't think there is a Remember-type app for Android which integrates EverNote that beautifully. (Is there?)

Yes, Remember/Evernote was a great combination.

12-28-18 08:50 PM
    Well started using the Classic, Evernote seems to sync fine without any issues, PC to Classic to PC via the server.

I have started using the Android emulation (after not really thinking I would) and quite amazed how much stuff works, and works well.

Boost (Excellent Reddit client), Podbean, Yandex Disk, Moon Reader Pro, Old Google Maps... all work great. Yandex Disk especially I appreciate as I use extensively... the Android version works 100% perfect. I also have my Operators Android app (that requires access to the SIM to verify access) working as it should...

It is like having a Turbo charged HTC ChaCha (if anyone remembers that little unusual phone).

It's not that the Classic is usable in 2019.... the classic is easily usable.... with the Android apps added it isn't to me much different from my old Moto X... Classic smaller screen yes, but sharper... Android app speed reasonable (if battery saver turned off).

Very happy and surprised.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    12-31-18 07:46 AM

I would just pull them out of the packaging, play with them, set them up with the Cobalt Google stuff, put my sim in, try to see what it's like to find myself running back to Priv/KEYone/KEY2/LE lol.

They felt really good in the hands and we're a jot to type on, but my LE just serves me so much better.
    So in other words, you purchased 2nd hand devices, loaded known battery demanding cobalt tweaks and then determined their battery life was insufficient?

Those that use android runtime on a classic accept the resource demands. Those that prefer the phone for the base core functionality have no issue with speed or battery life.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-19 07:00 AM
    So in other words, you purchased 2nd hand devices, loaded known battery demanding cobalt tweaks and then determined their battery life was insufficient?

Those that use android runtime on a classic accept the resource demands. Those that prefer the phone for the base core functionality have no issue with speed or battery life.

Posted via CB10
    The base functionality was to run apps from it's own designed ecosystems whether native, ported or APKs. It’s no different now, for Android/IOS devices. If you look at devices like my LG G2, iPhone 5 or iPhone 6 from the same period or iPhones from the same period, the battery life sucked too. Regardless of the OS, BB10 devices are stuck in 2013-2015 from a component perspective. That’s because the development was halted in 2013 when Chen joined. Practically every device was some variation that was still the same basic components. Those purchase commitments were huge.
    01-01-19 07:57 AM
    The base functionality was to run apps from it's own designed ecosystems whether native, ported or APKs. It’s no different now, for Android/IOS devices. If you look at devices like my LG G2, iPhone 5 or iPhone 6 from the same period or iPhones from the same period, the battery life sucked too. Regardless of the OS, BB10 devices are stuck in 2013-2015 from a component perspective. That’s because the development was halted in 2013 when Chen joined. Practically every device was some variation that was still the same basic components. Those purchase commitments were huge.
    That's what I was referring to - running core BB10 apps / functions on a BB10 device. Even in 2019, core functionality works smoothly, reliably and is on a par with android / IOS for speed of these core functions. Some would argue that ease of use and work flow are superior in BB10 core functions and that is why they continue to use these devices. Their opinion; their choice.

It's difficult to understand why one would criticise a device when installing known battery heavy, 3rd party functionality. It is also difficult to understand why these criticisms seem to be repeated constantly throughout some threads here as some form of authoritative guidance.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-19 07:58 PM
    That's what I was referring to - running core BB10 apps / functions on a BB10 device. Even in 2019, core functionality works smoothly, reliably and is on a par with android / IOS for speed of these core functions. Some would argue that ease of use and work flow are superior in BB10 core functions and that is why they continue to use these devices. Their opinion; their choice.

It's difficult to understand why one would criticise a device when installing known battery heavy, 3rd party functionality. It is also difficult to understand why these criticisms seem to be repeated constantly throughout some threads here as some form of authoritative guidance.

Posted via CB10
    Because third party functionality wasn’t really an issue regarding battery life in the beginning and BB was depending on that from almost the beginning when native and porting had essentially failed regarding important necessary apps.
    01-01-19 08:33 PM
    Because third party functionality wasn’t really an issue regarding battery life in the beginning and BB was depending on that from almost the beginning when native and porting had essentially failed regarding important necessary apps.

This is about BB10 users who enjoy using their BB10 devices and were discussing the BB Classic or Bust in 2019. The discussion was regarding core functionality of BB10 and how it is still fast, fluid and usable in 2019.

To get the thread back on track:-

Even in 2019, core functionality works smoothly, reliably and is on a par with android / IOS for speed of these core functions. Some would argue that ease of use and work flow are superior in BB10 core functions and that is why they continue to use these devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-19 11:21 PM
    Let me be clear, again:

You can buy every single BB10 on the planet, it won’t make a single dollar for TCL/BBMo, y’know, the only ones who are giving us a keyboard while ALL the other manufacturers are busy copying off Apple/each other.

Buying a single brand new KEY2/LE from an official retailer actually DOES help the brand somewhat.

What will you Classic holdouts do when 01/01/20 comes around ? Whine that there aren’t ANY options of a PKB or be mashing out messages on your KEY2/LE or hopefully KEY3 ?

The BB10 devices WILL stop functioning sooner than later, and the KEY devices are the only way out from being stuck with a boring a** piece of glass.

That’s why I push hard for the KEY2 LE.

I owned 5 different Classics, one of them the Cobalt blue. I tried double carrying it along with a Priv to see what it was like, and I didn’t last 2 full days.
    Went right back to the Priv which seemed like a powerhouse AND endurance workhorse in comparison.

The Classic’s battery life deceived me on all my units for a phone with a battery of 2500mAh and a tiny a** 3.5” display.

let me be very clear, the Classic today is between a smartphone and a feature phone, and its getting closer to feature phone every day. Except, it doesn’t have the insane battery life of a feature phone. And it doesn’t have the app or power of a modern smartphone. So its just kind of in an awkward spot lol.
    There is no proof that BB10 will stop to work...so stop spread your fake news. Enjoy your slab....

Posted via CB10
    01-05-19 12:37 PM
    There is no proof that BB10 will stop to work...so stop spread your fake news. Enjoy your slab....

Posted via CB10
    I think your missing Boon's point. He is advocating BlackBerry 10 users that enjoy physical keyboards to purchase and support TCL/Blackberry Mobiles physical keyboard offerings so that PKB fans have a device in the future that has one. (and NOT a slab) He is a former BlackBerry 10 user who has accepted and uses a Android OS BlackBerry with a physical keyboard. There is nothing wrong with his point nor is there anything wrong with those choosing to remain using a BlackBerry 10 device because it still meets their need in usage or form factor. Respecting each other in these regards is key.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    01-05-19 01:52 PM
    Problem with Blackberry is that many people associate the name with the old OS 7 and earlier devices (many people even had them here in the UK from when they became popular around 2007 until about 2011) - they have no idea of how the device evolved from there.

I get comments like "why do you still use that old phone?" - they forget that "old phone" does everything their new device does... and better... (except the camera but I rarely use that).

They are so cheap here in the UK (less than US $50 equivalent for great condition) I might even buy a backup phone.... you can never have too many ))))
    Traderhorn likes this.
    01-05-19 11:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol did you even understand what I wrote ?

I'm advocating for KEY2/KEY2 LE to AVOID being stuck with slabs.

You think I'm typing this on glass ?
    01-06-19 09:17 AM
    I get comments like "why do you still use that old phone?"
    It's even funnier when they think you're using an ancient phone and they're rocking like a 2-3 year old Android, then you pull up "About device" in settings on your phone and theirs, and your DroidBerry shows "Android version 8.1.0" and theirs is " Android version 6.0.1" or something.

Then you're like: "Who's got the ancient phone now?"
    01-06-19 09:19 AM
    Luv it when I whip out the Blackberry Q20 to surf or shop and the young female cashier notices the BB and says WOW a Blackberry! I didn't know you can buy them and it can surf the net! You got the fancy one with touch screen and can surf the net. I got a coupon off the net and she used the scan gun to read the discount code. I was not showing off but it grabbed her immediate attention as well as a male cashier zooming around to check it out....Rocking my Q20 Classic till the end!
    Traderhorn likes this.
    01-06-19 10:52 AM
    Luv it when I whip out the Blackberry Q20 to surf or shop and the young female cashier notices the BB and says WOW a Blackberry! I didn't know you can buy them and it can surf the net! You got the fancy one with touch screen and can surf the net. I got a coupon off the net and she used the scan gun to read the discount code. I was not showing off but it grabbed her immediate attention as well as a male cashier zooming around to check it out....Rocking my Q20 Classic till the end!
    At this point, anything with a PKB will grab attention, as over 99% of smartphone users are sporting a boring piece of glass
    01-06-19 12:50 PM
    Nobody can dictate us on what phone are we going to use as long it still works fine and nobody can give us money to buy a new phone..right?
    01-06-19 08:31 PM
    Nobody can dictate us on what phone are we going to use as long it still works fine and nobody can give us money to buy a new phone..right?
    Drama much? Nobody's pointing a gun to your head. You're free to use whatever phone you wish.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 01-06-19 at 11:09 PM.
    01-06-19 10:55 PM
    Let me be clear, again:

You can buy every single BB10 on the planet, it won’t make a single dollar for TCL/BBMo, y’know, the only ones who are giving us a keyboard while ALL the other manufacturers are busy copying off Apple/each other.

Buying a single brand new KEY2/LE from an official retailer actually DOES help the brand somewhat.

What will you Classic holdouts do when 01/01/20 comes around ? Whine that there aren’t ANY options of a PKB or be mashing out messages on your KEY2/LE or hopefully KEY3 ?

The BB10 devices WILL stop functioning sooner than later, and the KEY devices are the only way out from being stuck with a boring a** piece of glass.

That’s why I push hard for the KEY2 LE.

I owned 5 different Classics, one of them the Cobalt blue. I tried double carrying it along with a Priv to see what it was like, and I didn’t last 2 full days.
    Went right back to the Priv which seemed like a powerhouse AND endurance workhorse in comparison.

The Classic’s battery life deceived me on all my units for a phone with a battery of 2500mAh and a tiny a** 3.5” display.

let me be very clear, the Classic today is between a smartphone and a feature phone, and its getting closer to feature phone every day. Except, it doesn’t have the insane battery life of a feature phone. And it doesn’t have the app or power of a modern smartphone. So its just kind of in an awkward spot lol.
    Boon, I realize you have your point of view and I have mine. However, since many lurk in these forums, let me be clear, again:

There is not a single shred of evidence to suggest that BB10 devices will stop functioning at any point, much less at the stroke of midnight on 1/1/2020. Blackberry World will shut down at that time, but that is all we know.

If people wish to go to GooBerrys, that is of course their decision. However, trying to suggest that supporting Blackberry Mobile will assist in that regard is disingenuous at best. BBMo sold 850,000 KEY1 devices in 2017. Blackberry Limited sold 2.5 million BB10 devices. The same folks who push BBMo are the ones who claim BB10 was either a dismal failure due to sales numbers or, in one case, was never going to work no matter what Blackberry Limited did.

Do the math and make your choices, but the only people whose purchases "support Blackberry" financially these days are those who buy QNX-based software and IoT security software. Brandwise, I'd add to that the remnant of us who use and promote Blackberry 10....but I digress.
    Last edited by TrumpetTiger; 01-08-19 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Clarification that BBL, not BBMo, sold the BB10 devices.
    01-08-19 09:58 PM
    Whatsapp apk work on Classic.

That's all. And for me is good.

I don't ask nothing more.
    Eugen Unson and elfabio80 like this.
    01-09-19 05:37 PM
    You need a powerbank in your bag.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-19 05:17 PM
73 123