Is it worth buying blackberry classic now in March 2018 ? What does it mean when we say that BB 10 support will cease to exist ?
    suraj patil99 likes this.
    03-16-18 11:07 AM
    Well, for myself, NO.

My understanding is that something is happening with the app world on April 1st - all the paid apps are being pulled, or something like that. So, right off the hop you are only 2 weeks away from potentially losing access to important apps.

There is a road-map published somewhere on the site from BB with a list of what services are disappearing and when. Bottom line is that by 2020 all the important stuff will be gone.

Basic functions - phone, text - should still work but be aware that even the web browser is falling behind. Many banking apps don't work unless you use the web site - even then the functionality isn't all there.

So, it's up to you. I migrated away over a year ago, but then I had a critical business app that I just couldn't get working on BB10.
    03-16-18 11:47 AM
    hi thanks for your important input
    03-16-18 11:00 PM
    I have bought a brand new BlackBerry Classic QWERTZ. I am waiting to get it this August. Don't ask why. So, I will definitely be using this beautiful smartphone to the full extent. Don't care about apps. Calls, SMS, email - my priorities.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    03-17-18 11:31 AM
    but will they work once blackberry withdraws support ?
    KellyM4 likes this.
    03-17-18 09:55 PM
    but will they work once blackberry withdraws support ?
    Nobody knows for sure. If you see answers from objective people on Crack Berry, you will see thats only real answer. Everything other is pure speculation from either side. It does appear that some people are beginning to have performance issues with BB10 in varying degrees.
    03-18-18 12:50 PM
    Even i have been thinking of getting a Classic. I don't know why but i have always been attracted to Blackberry's. In early 2017 i had the privilege to own a Classic (busted screen and keyboard) and that 1 week made me fall in love with the Classic.

I am again thinking of purchasing a Classic which I'd be using alongside my new LG G6. The classic would only be used for calls and messages wheres the G6 for all my other needs. I might order one in April.
    03-23-18 01:24 PM
    will order one next week
    03-23-18 02:57 PM
    does anybody know if Apple Music app works on BB 10? If so, is it better than Spotify? What about Whatsapp?
    03-26-18 10:59 PM
    what about what's app on BlackBerry classic. give ans
    03-29-18 09:54 AM
    does anybody know if Apple Music app works on BB 10? If so, is it better than Spotify? What about Whatsapp?
    Yes it does. I use it regularly. Downloaded the apk online.
    03-30-18 02:32 PM
    Just got my new 2nd hand classic today. Granted this will not be my only phone, but I wanted something with battery life and the neat way the hub here works.

Just also the right size.

Other phone is an iphone 7 and putting on hold my samsung 7 edge.

Will see how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-18 05:56 PM