Hey, can you guys tell about BlackBerry Classic battery life? Is it enough for your daily usage? How often do you charge it?

Currently using Passport SE, great phone, but thinking to switch to Classic.
    What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    I was a decently heavy user with the classic and it got me through the day. I was always low by bed time but wasn't super concerned about lasting through the day.

It doesn't last nearly as long as the SE though.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 11:06 AM
    Do you use only Classic as your only daily driver?
    I know some people who use Classic as a business driver and Iphone/ android phone as a supporter. So I was thinking about that. Does it make big difference to hang out with 2 phones?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 11:08 AM
    How long does it take to charge Classic full?
    It takes forever to charge my PSE, that's the thing.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 11:10 AM
    I always carry a second device for a few apps I can't get on bb10. Was never a big deal for me.

Classic wasn't nearly as long to fully charge. I don't remember off the top of my head but much different

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 11:38 AM
    Hey, can you guys tell about BlackBerry Classic battery life? Is it enough for your daily usage? How often do you charge it?

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    I just ordered one off amazon. Shop BlackBerry no longer sells them

Desire to become a human lie detector? Join The KUQO Group at C002EFE5D and learn how to never be lied to again.
    02-15-17 04:16 PM

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    With moderate and sometimes heavy use, the classic lasted at least a whole day. I get up at around 5AM and don't go to bed until at least 11PM and the Classic chugs along.

Sample usage is two personal email accounts, an email for Facebook notifications, Twitter, Linkedin, and the last real working Facebook on BB10. All emails set to push and sync forever and the classic still makes it through the day. I also have the android Twitter and Instagram apps on my phone as well.

It's crazy the amount of stuff the phone with "old specs" can handle.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163 
    02-15-17 07:38 PM
    Wow, that's great!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 07:54 PM
    How long does it take to charge Classic full?
    It takes forever to charge my PSE, that's the thing.

Posted via CB10
    Takes a while. Well over an hour, maybe 1 hour 50 mins? I'll time mine next time.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 01:36 AM

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    Light/medium usage will get me through the day (6:30a-11p). Heavy use (a lot of BBM, email triage and responding, few calls about 15-30 min, & twitter browsing) only lasted about 8 hrs. Last time I tried was 3 days ago. I had to charge at 3p with 35% left. I needed it for the rest of the day so I charged.

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    02-16-17 07:37 AM
    Do you use only Classic as your only daily driver?
    I know some people who use Classic as a business driver and Iphone/ android phone as a supporter. So I was thinking about that. Does it make big difference to hang out with 2 phones?

Posted via CB10
    So, I'm rocking a Classic and a iPhone 6s Plus. Love the combination! The classic is for email, calendar, BBM and non-iMessage texting. The iPhone is for everything that the BlackBerry can't do. In the US, T-Mobile has a beta program called Digits. It allows me to have two Sims with the same number.

Carrying two phones for me was never a problem. I love the variety. Unfortunately, I lose a little continuity because I'm breaking the Apple ecosystem but that's okay. I've found workarounds. Typing on the keyboard, keyboard shortcuts and the core features of the Hub keeps this BlackBerry Classic in my pocket!

02-16-17 07:44 AM
    Classic has the best keyboard I have ever touched, the direction touchpad is a great idea and would be a killer function for text selection, etc but unfortunately BlackBerry is not using properly.

And the size is not so bad...

The worst thing is the lack of support from BlackBerry headquarters, the crap of google, their play services, and all the stupid programmers and companies requiring this google crap, and making simple apps which eat resources as crazy.

I will keep as long as possible, and after that I hope to have a proper keyboard device from Jolla, nokia, android generic devices...

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 10:33 AM
    I'll definitely keep my classic as a spare, but I'll be moving along to BlackBerry Mercury when it's available.

Posted with  BlackBerry Classic
    02-16-17 07:58 PM
    Would anyone here pass on the Mercury and get a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Note 8 to go with their Classic?

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    02-16-17 10:19 PM
    I love my classic, but I really need a phone where I can receive Facebook notifications! Hoping Mercury will have this feature!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 11:53 PM
    It will. It's android device!

Posted via my  BlackBerry Z30
    02-16-17 11:55 PM
    That's what I thought but didn't want to raise my hopes up! You just made my day!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 11:57 PM
    I love my classic, but I really need a phone where I can receive Facebook notifications! Hoping Mercury will have this feature!

Posted via CB10
    What for do u need Facebook notifications? this is the first thing I always deactivated, even years ago with the native app...find it annoying although I like Facebook very much. If it's for personal messages, u can use the messenger lite apk - pretty reliable

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 01:04 AM
    Presumably if he wants FB notifications, he finds them useful. I have to say, it sucks that there isn't native support for Facebook and we've got to use the web browser or 3rd party apps. Luckily for me, i'm a very, very light user of Facebook so i'm not too fussed. But for people who use it constantly, it's not a great situation.
    02-17-17 06:59 AM
    I'm a high school teacher and I work on the school Facebook page AND I have a "personal Facebook page" for my students to follow so they can ask questions at home or wherever they are. Most important part is that I can remind them their homeworks hehe! And now, it's difficult for me to respond as fast as I would in the past. They were already laughing at me for having a blackberry. Now that I can't see their notifications, it's worst lol

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 08:09 AM
    I'm a high school teacher and I work on the school Facebook page AND I have a "personal Facebook page" for my students to follow so they can ask questions at home or wherever they are. Most important part is that I can remind them their homeworks hehe! And now, it's difficult for me to respond as fast as I would in the past. They were already laughing at me for having a blackberry. Now that I can't see their notifications, it's worst lol

Posted via CB10
    Off topic, but I am currently getting ready to start my practical part of teachers college and think this is an amazing idea! I think I may borrow parts of it. The current way of using the school website to get help is terrible.

Android? No thanks. Just give me BB10 and CP/M and I'm a happy man.
    02-17-17 09:49 AM
    You should check with Edmodo.com! Pretty cool too!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 10:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Mercury will def have this feature since it's an android based phone.

Desire to become a human lie detector? Join The KUQO Group at C002EFE5D and learn how to never be lied to again.
    02-17-17 11:37 AM
    So, I'm rocking a Classic and a iPhone 6s Plus. Love the combination! The classic is for email, calendar, BBM and non-iMessage texting. The iPhone is for everything that the BlackBerry can't do. In the US, T-Mobile has a beta program called Digits. It allows me to have two Sims with the same number.

Carrying two phones for me was never a problem. I love the variety. Unfortunately, I lose a little continuity because I'm breaking the Apple ecosystem but that's okay. I've found workarounds. Typing on the keyboard, keyboard shortcuts and the core features of the Hub keeps this BlackBerry Classic in my pocket!

I'm actually getting in the digits program now. I was wondering how that works with iMessage. Do messages from iphone users just go to the iPhone or do they go the Classic as a text as well?

If you want to, you can contact me via bbm at pin:2C09CE92 or you can PM me. Thanks.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163 
    02-17-17 04:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Haha, how cool! I am a high school teacher too and always preached blackberry to my students

Although I am happy I don't have to respond immediately to job mails, haha :P

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 05:35 AM
    I will continue to use the Classic for 2017, and 2018 at least...remember this device still has email, text, calls, Docs to Go, the Remember app, calculator, calendar, browser, music player, FM radio, Nobex radio, expandable memory, a great file manager that are all still in play for my usage style!

Posted via CB10
    Very good reply. I still think this is one of the best phones. Really considering to buy a back up Classic.

Via BlackBerry Classic!
    02-19-17 09:17 AM
151 ... 34567