Hardware:

HD display, maybe 1440p
    13 Megapixel Camera with auto stabilization.
    5 Megapixel or up front facing camera.
    64-bit Quad core ship.
    3 GB of RAM or 4.

Software:

Facebook app supporting from Facebook not BlackBerry.
    Official Snapchat app
    Official Instagram app
    A Cloud backup like what iCloud is doing
    stopping support Android apps (please please please)

If they do these things i am Officially leaving my iPhone and get in board with BB10
    Dave Liao likes this.
    08-05-15 11:54 PM
    have fun with your ifoan
    08-06-15 12:09 AM
    Hardware:

HD display, maybe 1440p
    64-bit Quad core ship.
    3 GB of RAM or 4.

Software:

Official Snapchat app
    Official Instagram app

If they do these things i am Officially leaving my iPhone and get in board with BB10
    Huh, if you really need a BlackBerry, you're not supposed to care about instagram, even worse, snap****

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 02:10 AM
    Maybe more business oriented like:

removeable battery
    compact size
    durable keyboard
    durable + premium materials (matte finish glasswave like on the Q10)
    USB
    HDMI (like on the Q10)
    touch pkb like on the Passport (but 4 rows!!)
    bla bla bla...like on other threads milion times bla bla bla.
    donemt and Dave Liao like this.
    08-06-15 02:22 AM
    A Q10 with an LCD screen and tool belt on the outside, and Passport (or better) on the inside. So a beefed up Q10 or Mini Classic, however you want to look at it. If BlackBerry moves forward with PKBs, the DT issues have to stop.

If my Q10 had: LCD screen, tool belt and no DT issues, I would consider it a perfect phone for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 02:43 AM
    Hardware:

HD display, maybe 1440p
    64-bit Quad core ship.
    3 GB of RAM or 4.

Software:

Official Snapchat app
    Official Instagram app

Um, who is "they"? Because "offiicial" facebook, snapchat, and ig apps can only be done by their respective companies, not BB...

The hardware is ok, I would go with 1080x1080 for the screen since any higher ppi and it's just driving up the cost for no reason. And the front camera could stay the 2mp because I never use it so I couldn't care less about the front camera, but a nicer rear camera would be nice.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-06-15 08:43 AM
    Hardware:

HD display, maybe 1440p
    64-bit Quad core ship.
    3 GB of RAM or 4.

Software:

Official Snapchat app
    Official Instagram app

Keep dreaming

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    08-06-15 08:59 AM
    Huh, if you really need a BlackBerry, you're not supposed to care about instagram, even worse, snap****

Posted via CB10
    Having a native instagram and snapchat app would be a great thing for Blackberry. I'm sure they would rather have it then not.

Those apps would only make even more people consider the platform. And since those apps are scaled for portrait orientation only , it would fit a phone like a BlackBerry classic perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 11:06 AM
    I hope blackberry will have high end small device. Only flagship spec'ed compact smartphone that I can think of is Sony Xperia compact z series.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    08-06-15 11:18 AM
    I actually really like the Classic's form factor, but I'd prefer the screen to be stretched vertically a little more (something like 3.7" measured diagonally). Kind of just enough to view an entire IG photo without scrolling... Otherwise the size is perfect.

More RAM would always be welcome. Other than that, nothing else to change for me on the hardware end...
    08-06-15 01:02 PM
    I actually really like the Classic's form factor, but I'd prefer the screen to be stretched vertically a little more (something like 3.7" measured diagonally). Kind of just enough to view an entire IG photo without scrolling... Otherwise the size is perfect.

More RAM would always be welcome. Other than that, nothing else to change for me on the hardware end...
    I think a Q10 successor in a similar form factor of the Classic would be ideal. Blackberry should ditch the toolbelt and fit a larger screen in its place.

A higher res screen would also be a must, something to keep the ppi above 300 at least (a qhd panel isn't neccesary). A current high end cpu would also be great for not only performance, but for battery life. Blackberry could keep the same battery capacity, or bump it up to something similar to the S6 or even a 2800mah battery (I'm pretty sure it would fit).

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 02:24 PM
    If it does not have a toolbet it is not a classic, so as long as there is a classic line then the there will be a toolbelt. The Q10 is a dead model line as it stands today. I expect the classic 2 will get at least the previous year blackberry flagship device specs, in order to save money by using "outdated" hardware.
    08-06-15 05:01 PM
    Word

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 05:15 PM
    If it does not have a toolbet it is not a classic, so as long as there is a classic line then the there will be a toolbelt. The Q10 is a dead model line as it stands today. I expect the classic 2 will get at least the previous year blackberry flagship device specs, in order to save money by using "outdated" hardware.
    But Blackberry themselves marketed the Classic as an option for enterprise and business users who were still using the 9900 and we're used to the toolbelt.

Blackberry never killed off the Q model from what I know, and the classic was never meant to replace it. Blackberry OS was designed without the trackpad in mind anyway. This is why I say it's better for them to come out with a Q10 successor in a similar form factor of the Classic since those users who desire a toolbelt were already given that option.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 07:16 PM
    1. Form factor - dimensions and toolbelt of Classic, premium feel (front and sides) of 9900 and glass-weave back of Q10.

2. Internal specs- Passport

3. Battery and SD card - If they gave us 64 and 128 GB models, I wouldn't mind no SD card slot. Likewise, wouldn't mind non-removable battery if it was 20% better than Classic1. I realize this is "heresy" for most BlackBerry fans...just stating my opinion.

Continual updates to BB10. Nothing dramatic, just incremental improvements.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 02:26 PM
    1. Form factor - dimensions and toolbelt of Classic, premium feel (front and sides) of 9900 and glass-weave back of Q10.

2. Internal specs- Passport

3. Battery and SD card - If they gave us 64 and 128 GB models, I wouldn't mind no SD card slot. Likewise, wouldn't mind non-removable battery if it was 20% better than Classic1. I realize this is "heresy" for most BlackBerry fans...just stating my opinion.

Continual updates to BB10. Nothing dramatic, just incremental improvements.

Posted via CB10
    I like most of that, but big negative on"if they gave us 64 and 128 GB models, I wouldn't mind no SD card slot." to me no matter what, I'll never be "ok" with no sd card slot. It's not just storage space, it's the ease in which I can move my documents and music from one phone to another and if the phone dies, I can still recover everything simply by swapping out the sd card.

08-11-15 03:30 PM
    I like most of that, but big negative on"if they gave us 64 and 128 GB models, I wouldn't mind no SD card slot." to me no matter what, I'll never be "ok" with no sd card slot. It's not just storage space, it's the ease in which I can move my documents and music from one phone to another and if the phone dies, I can still recover everything simply by swapping out the sd card.

I agree with you; I like having an SD card slot, but the current trend is a move away from them (sadly).

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 04:58 PM
    Going along with what most already said, since they are doing non-removable batteries, they might as well seal it up and make it waterproof.

That's the main one I would like. Sure there is other little things, but I can't think of them right now.

Via Passport via CB10
    08-11-15 05:07 PM
    Blackberry releasing the Classic with the same specs as the Q10, in my view, gave the impression that Blackberry thinking the Q10 was a mistake in the first place. Given the a non-camera version was release as well kind of of points in that direction. In Chen view Z10 and Q10 don't exist and are dead to blackberry. With blackberry releasing less phones in the future, expect the Q10 line to be done. I see the following model lines for blackberry with a release cycle of every 2 years per model: Classic, Passport, Slider, and a touch screen at some point.

If a classic 2 is going to be release I expect it to happen in 2017 and hopefully it will be packing all the bands, for the 4 major us carriers, just like the new moto x. One device to rule them all, if they would add a dual sim slot or virtual one that would allow 2 numbers on one phone, then that would be my dream phone.
    Last edited by ChainPunch; 08-11-15 at 06:44 PM.
    08-11-15 06:32 PM
    I agree with you; I like having an SD card slot, but the current trend is a move away from them (sadly).

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I know, if it came down to it, I'll just have to suck it up and get it anyway since there are no alternatives out there. The LG's still have removable batteries and sd cards, but no keyboards...

Edit: But my point is that I won't be "OK" with it regardless of how much space there is. I'll probably be on here every day complaining about it, haha. Unlike some of these sheeple that seem to change what they think is best depending on the changes their devices have. Like my friend who has always been anti-Apple, talking so much crap about how they don't have removable batteries or sd cards, and how Samsung/Android is so much better, blah blah blah blah. Then the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge comes out, of course he gets one, but now, all of a sudden he's like "oh, you don't need sd cards, there's cloud storage" REALLY?? Just last week he was making fun of Apple for using that same line... SMFH... Sheeple, sheeple everywhere...
    08-11-15 09:48 PM
    Dual SiM slots would be amazing. Plus, that would give them an upper edge on the competition

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 11:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Right! Lol kids only this generation, I hate text apps like kik whatsapp etc and InstaSham just yawwwwnn I'll be glad when they die

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    sheradon likes this.
    08-12-15 01:54 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 second part
    ...18 mp Carl zesis
    Front 5 mp
    BlackBerry 10 os+android os

BlackBerry z10
    11-01-15 09:26 AM
    I absolutely love the classic...but I think there are things that can easily be improved.

1.) Faster processor..not the fastest but at least 2015 specs.
    2.) Fix crooked track pad tolerances at the factory.
    3.) Improve quality of the tool belt so it is not as creaky and cheap feeling.
    4.) 13 mp or higher rear-camera with much better auto focus and better low-light imagery focus.
    5.) Higher resolution screen. Not much higher as this is not a media device, but higher. Overall though I really like the brightness of the screen.
    6.) Gorilla Glass 4

Lastly...I understand this is not in Blackberry's power...but I would really like a Facebook app built by Facebook. The BlackBerry app is pretty horrible and rarely works correctly. Facebook is a fast growing and publicly traded company with tremendous profits, zero debt and ample cash. It is pretty pathetic if BlackBerry's management team cannot convince the monster company to make a simple app on BB10. Any platform with an advertising base should be an easy win for facebook.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 10:14 AM
    I was thinking, "Q10 with a capactive keyboard like the Passport and Priv." Then I was looking at my 9900, where the screen is wider than it is tall, and it hit me. That's what I want. A Passport mini.

Make it just a little wider than a Q10. Four-row capacitive keyboard, with cursor and pointer control/text selection through the keyboard. Screen wider than it is tall, for movies and multimedia in general. Add the send and end symbols to the Q and P keys, and make them work that way with the phone app.

That would be my next phone.

Sorry for hijacking your Classic thread. >.<
    11-01-15 11:34 AM
53 123