Is there a release date on the Classic 2?
    Nope
    05-06-16 07:29 AM
    Just switched to Classic from my Z10. I enjoy the control of the Classic re: the track belt. Although smaller screen, the images are always very clear.!

Thanks,

Writer~
    05-06-16 07:48 AM
    Chen has said it is possible we could see more BB10 in 2017. Priv has to do better. It has to help support these things.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    05-07-16 07:56 AM
    I don't know whether you're still holding on to your Classic but Chen said in an interview that mid 2017 there will probably be a 10.4
    08-15-16 06:11 AM
    I don't believe there will be another iteration of this device ever again - especially that BlackBerry publically said they're not making the phone anymore.

I doubt the future Android-based phones will have a decent PKB either as the DTEK50 is based on another phone's model i.e. not BlackBerry themselves will be making it, so have doubts around keyboard

Hate to be sceptical, but it's the truth

Posted via White BlackBerry Classic / Follow Me @OMGitsRLR
    08-15-16 05:05 PM
    I highly doubt it but yes, I would love a version 2 of the Classic
    08-15-16 05:13 PM
    Not much you could do with design they have. What BlackBerry should of done is not take it off the market in the first place it was a well reviewed phone by even users not with BlackBerry it just did not sell well. Unfortunately BB10 phones do not appeal to a large market and BlackBerry knows that and if there hardware has a future it's on android with the Priv and the DTEK50 and the two upcoming phones.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 06:51 PM
    I don't believe there will be another iteration of this device ever again - especially that BlackBerry publically said they're not making the phone anymore.

I doubt the future Android-based phones will have a decent PKB either as the DTEK50 is based on another phone's model i.e. not BlackBerry themselves will be making it, so have doubts around keyboard

Hate to be sceptical, but it's the truth

Posted via White BlackBerry Classic / Follow Me @OMGitsRLR
    They are not making the Classic anymore because the chips it uses are no longer in production. Not saying it means there will be another one, but the ending of production of the Classic has nothing to do with what you're saying and doesn't imply what you think it does.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-15-16 08:15 PM
    Not much you could do with design they have. What BlackBerry should of done is not take it off the market in the first place it was a well reviewed phone by even users not with BlackBerry it just did not sell well. Unfortunately BB10 phones do not appeal to a large market and BlackBerry knows that and if there hardware has a future it's on android with the Priv and the DTEK50 and the two upcoming phones.

Posted via CB10
    They had no choice, the chips it uses are no longer being produced. The only way they can keep producing Classics is if they make a whole new one that just looks the same but with all different internal components. Not financially viable...

08-15-16 08:16 PM
    Classic 2 (if it ever happens) should be running Android but with a skin/UI that makes it feel and perform like B10 like the swipe gestures and active frames, taller non 1:1 screen, even slightly bigger keyboard and modern day specs in terms of RAM, processor, camera, etc. Sure the BlackBerry faithful may bash them dropping BB10 but that IS the way of the future if BlackBerry is going to continue to make and SELL devices...I think a device like I just described would be seriously bada$$

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 09:34 PM
    As a big user of the classic it would be great for all my emails at work to have a newer os or a full android OS

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 10:21 PM
    Classic 2 (if it ever happens) should be running Android but with a skin/UI that makes it feel and perform like B10 like the swipe gestures and active frames, taller non 1:1 screen, even slightly bigger keyboard and modern day specs in terms of RAM, processor, camera, etc. Sure the BlackBerry faithful may bash them dropping BB10 but that IS the way of the future if BlackBerry is going to continue to make and SELL devices...I think a device like I just described would be seriously bada$$

Posted via CB10
    If they could master skinning Android to have all of the function of BB10, that would be great. But somehow I don't feel they would put so much time into it. Too bad, I think it could differentiate their Androids from the rest of the herd and even though it's still Android it'll give us some level of choice when shopping for phones.

08-15-16 10:25 PM
    Exactly, kind of like HTC with Sense and whatever Samsung calls its skin. It could put BlackBerry on the map in a whole different way....

Posted on my Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-15-16 11:21 PM
    From what I am hearing and reading they are supposed to be coming out with an all Android based device with the features and keyboard of the Classic. I can't wait to see it.
    08-16-16 02:22 PM
    From what I am hearing and reading they are supposed to be coming out with an all Android based device with the features and keyboard of the Classic. I can't wait to see it.
    I don't know why everyone uses the Classic to describe the rumoured pkb Android device... If anything it'll be like the Q10 since it won't have the toolbelt.

08-16-16 03:10 PM
    I think I'm not the only one out there who thinks BlackBerry needs to make a BlackBerry Classic 2.....? Any takers?

Posted via CB10
    I can agree!
    08-18-16 05:12 PM
    If they could master skinning Android to have all of the function of BB10, that would be great. But somehow I don't feel they would put so much time into it. Too bad, I think it could differentiate their Androids from the rest of the herd and even though it's still Android it'll give us some level of choice when shopping for phones.

It would be very interesting.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 06:00 PM
67 123