My Classic has been a near perfect device. I haven't once wanted an alternative. Except for its companion Passport (great for my aging eyes). The Classic is a great pull out, get things done and keep on going device. It's been durable and reliable. The only two things I'd want is a faster processor and better app support. I don't even mind independents like Nemory or Kisai Labs/Baselime. The facebook thing never really bothered me. For me, it's a time waster. A well implemented Classic 2 running BB10 would be the only thing that would get me to put away my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 03:38 PM
    A well implemented Classic 2 running BB10 would be the only thing that would get me to put away my Classic.
    Were not gonna get one though:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/30545...ably-dead.html
    Enjoy your Classic, it's the last REAL BlackBerry we'll ever see.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    andy957 likes this.
    04-11-16 05:21 PM
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/30545...ably-dead.html

We'll see what happens....its not exactly a straight no BlackBerry 10 in the future

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 05:42 PM
    We'll see what happens....its not exactly a straight no BlackBerry 10 in the future

Posted via CB10
    The writing is on the wall really. Governments and large corporations that still deploy BlackBerry's aren't putting in the kind of demand that will warrant BlackBerry making a new BlackBerry device. From the birth of BlackBerry, those devices have been about getting work done and that's it. So for any of those 2 demographics I mentioned above, there are more then enough options for that. I come across a lot of these types of people and the most common BlackBerry device I see being deployed are Classics; believe it or not.

So if those 2 demographics, which are probably BlackBerry's biggest buyers aren't clamoring for an updated BB10 device, I highly doubt there will be any new BB10 device any time soon. With BB10 it seems like BlackBerry will actually fall into it's old hardware habits and release a new/follow-up device every 3-4+ years.
    04-11-16 07:11 PM
    The only thing that gives me hope is can BlackBerry actually secure Android. That seems impossible to me. Google's game is to gather and share information not protect it. If they can't do it maybe BB10 could survive.

04-11-16 08:04 PM
    The only thing that gives me hope is can BlackBerry actually secure Android. That seems impossible to me. Google's game is to gather and share information not protect it. If they can't do it maybe BB10 could survive.

This is how I know the priv sales is not doing so well as if it was, somebody on XDA would have rooted by now as they are beast over there!...

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 01:36 AM
    BlackBerry 10 devices are probably dead | PCWorld

I know a Classic 2 is hiding among a Unicorn forest. Just sharing my experience. Even though the 9900 is hailed as the greatest Bold. Mine had its share of issues. The Classic brought me back to the fold in a big way and tore me almost completely away from android. It reminded me of what was important in a communication device. While I like using android at home for entertainment purposes. Blackberry devices running BB10 are sufficient enough for my daily use, communicative and business.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    04-12-16 07:24 AM
    If BlackBerry wants keep making phones they should update the Classic and Z30. I've spoken with many Android users and they don't believe the Priv is more secure than any other Android phone. They laugh at Priv's tiny keyboard and wouldn't be caught dead with a BlackBerry.

This made me giggle

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    04-12-16 11:47 AM
    The general populous isn't concerned with " secured" cellphone. People buying want "apps" Kik, InstaSham, etc. So blah blah, I'm waiting on the price to drop to $99 so I can buy a new one just to have a spare.

BlackBerry allowed their brand to become a niche product and there's no escaping that. I'm even bored with the top android devices and iFone was always over hyped for me. So go figure.

BlackBerry is wasting money releasing midrange devices, the Priv isn't selling, lower the price and if it still doesn't sell then cut your android loses and move on or accept what you get with BlackBerry 10.

04-12-16 11:52 AM
    If they're going in the android direction then one of those two devices they speak of that are supposed to be released before end of 2016 better be classic-like form factor. If so I'm in.
    04-12-16 12:51 PM
    The general populous isn't concerned with " secured" cellphone. People buying want "apps" Kik, InstaSham, etc. So blah blah, I'm waiting on the price to drop to $99 so I can buy a new one just to have a spare.

BlackBerry allowed their brand to become a niche product and there's no escaping that. I'm even bored with the top android devices and iFone was always over hyped for me. So go figure.

BlackBerry is wasting money releasing midrange devices, the Priv isn't selling, lower the price and if it still doesn't sell then cut your android loses and move on or accept what you get with BlackBerry 10.

I agree. How many of us are CEOs that actually care about security. None. That business niche is great but it's proven time and time again that it isn't profitable. Only the consumer space will make a smartphone hardware company profitable.
    04-12-16 12:52 PM

Yeah I'm kinda with you on that mindset. Staying with BB10 would have been smaller but probably safer overall as they catered to their core fanbase. But they decided to take a risk it seems and go with Android...we'll see if it pans out. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and get one of the new mid-range Droid devices.
    04-12-16 12:53 PM
    Yeah I'm kinda with you on that mindset. Staying with BB10 would have been smaller but probably safer overall as they catered to their core fanbase. But they decided to take a risk it seems and go with Android...we'll see if it pans out. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and get one of the new mid-range Droid devices.
    I believe BlackBerry has always been much of a risk taker. Or more so, slow to the game they started!

I recall, it took ages before BlackBerry had cameras on their devices!

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    04-12-16 03:05 PM
    This made me giggle

If the priv wasn't more secure, then somebody on XDA would of rooted by now. I am frankly surprised they were able to stop that without sealime and even stop temp root. Amazing, hats off to BlackBerry. If you want a nearly fully secure device must deal without root.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 03:43 PM
    I'd love one. Same body, maybe carbon fiber weave back like Q10, and even just like the same internals as the SE Passport, Priv cameras.. lit up trackpad and the touch sensitive keyboard like Passport and Priv. I'd be a happy camper.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 04:19 PM
    It's to soon for a Classic 2 and if it's Android the 1:1 ratio doesn't really work.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    04-12-16 04:24 PM
    It's to soon for a Classic 2 and if it's Android the 1:1 ratio doesn't really work.
    Yeah, thought it was 3:2 as was in the ICS days but bow it is 4:3 as somebody on CB pointed out to me. 4:3 is nice, IOS isn't. 3:2 is nicer!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 07:10 PM
    Most likely it'll be android version coming soon...Just watch!
    04-25-16 05:27 PM
    Classic in blue with passport specs I'm in!

Posted via CB10
    xKingHopy likes this.
    04-25-16 07:22 PM
    I've been a long time BB user growing up. I just made an account on here after doing a quick google search about a future Classic device. I'm disappointed to hear this phone will likely not see the light anytime soon (if at all). I love the Blackberry Classic and have been considered giving up my iPhone for it. As much as I can do without social media and all that glam, it would be nice to have an updated device with better hardware, potentially a slimmer or shaved down design and updated OS. I'm even okay with Android. Just give us a slightly polished version and I'm sold!!

If they at least announced or hinted us about a Classic 2, I would purchase the phone in a HEARTBEAT. It's already a gorgeous looking phone, and I always felt more productive when I had a Blackberry. I am seriously contemplating switching back, but don't know if I should wait and not jump the gun early on a device that's becoming outdated and losing it's value fast.

I just can't understand why they would stop developing / producing what I consider to be their most iconic and flagship device?
    05-03-16 07:39 AM
    2 New devices on Android soon

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 09:54 AM
    I have a new unlocked Classic arriving tomorrow. Using a Passport now which I like but I always keep going back to the Bold/Classic design. Bring back the Bold name, make it something in between the current Classic and Passport, spec it out, and actually market it. Big time winner!! Maybe Google will allow BlackBerry OS10 to have access to full Google Play store also like Priv but that is my dream BlackBerry. Bring back the Bold!!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 10:29 PM
    I just can't understand why they would stop developing / producing what I consider to be their most iconic and flagship device?
    If it's not making money, it doesn't make sense.

I personally love the Classic. I used it as my daily driver before I got the Priv. I never had a problem.

As for your interest in the Classic, I used a two device setup where the Classic was strictly for communication and my iPhone/iPad was my app center. Worked like a champ.
    05-04-16 11:13 AM
    It'd be nice but it's time to wake up and smell the coffee

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    05-04-16 06:03 PM
    Is there a release date on the Classic 2?
    05-05-16 03:54 AM
67 123