Hi everyone. I've just got a blackberry classic for my new work phone. Chuffed with it but also very frustrated! Does anyone know how to make it always open in the work space rather than the personal space? I won't ever use it for personal use so it's driving me mad that I have to change over to work space every time I unlock it before I can see my emails. I know it's only as couple of taps but when you have to use it many times a day it gets very annoying!

Thanks in advance Eliza
    04-13-15 05:52 AM
    Hi Eliza,

I am on BES and I always use my device on personal side - but I did check the BlackBerry Help document and did some testing for you:

It appears that upon power up and/or reboot, it will default to the personal side. There may be some way to set the default to work side, but I did not find any reference to doing so

However, once you have toggled to work side, you can lock and then unlock the device (I am talking about device lock, not work space lock) and upon unlock, it is still on the work side.

Hopefully someone else has found a way to set work side as default. You could also check with your IT department to see if this is something they may be able to do through an IT policy.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.281 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    04-13-15 09:08 AM
    Hi Don_Henry, thanks for your help, it's so frustrating. I've tried like your said and for a quick lock and unlock it stays on the work side but if you leave it for a short while it reverts to the personal again. I've gone through every setting I can find and there just doesn't seem to be a way. Perhaps it is the way the IT department have set it up I will ask them. Seems a bit crazy as blackberry seems geared mostly to the businesses market, it would make more sense to have the option to switch them. I don't intend on using the personal part (too afraid I might accidentally breach our corporate IT rules!) So it's just a waste of my time to keep flipping it over. Ah well, I'll ask them tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks
    04-13-15 05:44 PM
    HI again, Eliza,

if your IT department set their policies up correctly, there is really no way you could violate from the personal side.

For example : all of my contacts are on the work side (BES) - if I try and copy any info from a contact record and then try to paste it into a personal email - it prevents me from doing so and I get a message stating that I cannot copy and paste from work side to personal side.

Or if I try and copy something from a work email (even a URL) and then try to paste into a private email - same thing happens.

So it should be quite safe for you to operate from the personal side.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.281 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    04-13-15 08:54 PM