Hi I switched mobile on and www.bberror.com/bb10-0020 message showed up. I cannot use mobile. Does anyone know how I can fix this. Is it a battery failure and mobile no good anymore? Any help much appreciated. Thank you
    12-09-18 12:21 AM
    Your battery is on its way out. Only option is to replace it, or get a new device.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000035096
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-10-18 12:31 PM
    Hi I switched mobile on and www.bberror.com/bb10-0020 message showed up. I cannot use mobile. Does anyone know how I can fix this. Is it a battery failure and mobile no good anymore? Any help much appreciated. Thank you
    Try to use an AutoLoader and flash your phone maybe you will succeed and have full working phone
    12-11-18 12:01 AM
    Try to use an AutoLoader and flash your phone maybe you will succeed and have full working phone
    Why? The battery is bad.
    12-11-18 08:24 AM
    Leave it on the charger for a couple days and the battery might come back to life. My first Classic had that error when it was brand new because the battery was so completely discharged.
    12-12-18 02:54 PM
    Leave it on the charger for a couple days and the battery might come back to life. My first Classic had that error when it was brand new because the battery was so completely discharged.

How long did this last before it came back to life?
    06-28-20 11:13 AM
    To infinity and beyond
    06-28-20 04:45 PM
    It was on the charger for a day or two and then it booted up. If you have a well used one that won't charge, it's probably the charging port. I have to dig the lint out with a needle and monkey with the position of the cable when plugged in.
    06-28-20 08:07 PM
    To infinity and beyond
    Hmmm!
    06-29-20 02:18 AM
    It was on the charger for a day or two and then it booted up. If you have a well used one that won't charge, it's probably the charging port. I have to dig the lint out with a needle and monkey with the position of the cable when plugged in.
    It's actually new although second-hand... still had the plastic and everything. It's been on charge for a day, I'll try giving it a week and hope for the best
    06-29-20 02:19 AM
    Replacing the battery is not too hard and cheap, I just had to do it to my Classic,
    06-30-20 09:35 AM
    It's actually new although second-hand... still had the plastic and everything. It's been on charge for a day, I'll try giving it a week and hope for the best
    Second hand, but had plastic.... Refurbished phone?

Either way long term storage of batteries is not recommended. Search for "PlayBook Stacked Charging" give that a try, but I bet you'll need to look for a "new" battery.
    06-30-20 10:06 AM
    Second hand, but had plastic.... Refurbished phone?

Either way long term storage of batteries is not recommended. Search for "PlayBook Stacked Charging" give that a try, but I bet you'll need to look for a "new" battery.
    Someone who received it for Christmas and didn't like blackberries or something :P

I tried stack charging but no luck. Unsure what to try now

Posted via CB10
    06-30-20 10:19 AM
    Replacing the battery is not too hard and cheap, I just had to do it to my Classic,
    That's interesting. Easy enough to do? You can find batteries on Amazon?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-20 10:19 AM
    Someone who received it for Christmas and didn't like blackberries or something :P

I tried stack charging but no luck. Unsure what to try now

Posted via CB10
    New battery if your willing to invest more into it... last I looked they were pretty cheap.
    06-30-20 10:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    I bought a battery from a local guy for $20. I'm sure there is some on amazon and eBay.

I got a brand new classic in a sealed recently and it wouldn't charge
    06-30-20 10:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    I recommend ETrade Supply : https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...assic-q20.html
    06-30-20 11:12 AM
    I bought a battery from a local guy for $20. I'm sure there is some on amazon and eBay.

I got a brand new classic in a sealed recently and it wouldn't charge
    Brand new is probable worse than used (for the battery).... Battery has had time to fully discharge and sit there fully discharged for years maybe. That's bad for these types of batteries. Never was planned to build these phones and have them sit around for half a decade....
    06-30-20 11:13 AM
    Brand new is probable worse than used (for the battery).... Battery has had time to fully discharge and sit there fully discharged for years maybe. That's bad for these types of batteries. Never was planned to build these phones and have them sit around for half a decade....
    Yes I agree, I have a few other devices still in sealed box and have been debating if I should open them.
    06-30-20 11:23 AM
    Yes I agree, I have a few other devices still in sealed box and have been debating if I should open them.
    Probably a good idea.
    06-30-20 02:48 PM
    You could carefully open it and plug them in....

Best to only do 80% and then tuck it away for another six months.
    06-30-20 03:31 PM
    Well, it was indeed a bad battery issue. No amount of charging would get it to start. So I ordered a new battery off Amazon and changed it (with the help of a video on YouTube - probably only one that actually shows how to tear down the Classic). And it's now as good as new

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    07-12-20 04:49 PM