I've had my classic for around 2 months now, and so far I have been very happy with battery life it's been giving (especially around my iPhone friends who are constantly looking for chargers!).

But for the last day or so it's been terrible! Anyone had this battery discharging bit?
    Blackberry 10 Classic - Battery problem-img_20150522_160616.png

Also, now only getting 9 hours out of a near fully charged battery.
    Blackberry 10 Classic - Battery problem-img_20150522_161015.png

Anything out of the ordinary here?
    Blackberry 10 Classic - Battery problem-img_20150522_161023.png

Thanks for any help!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 10:15 AM
    It probably depends on what your running , how long you're on your phone, one hint is to turn off stories in your picture app by swiping down from the top when in the app, if you run android apps some run in the back ground, there is a lot of reasons. Try. A hard reset it might help also.
    05-22-15 10:31 AM
    It probably depends on what your running , how long you're on your phone, one hint is to turn off stories in your picture app by swiping down from the top when in the app, if you run android apps some run in the back ground, there is a lot of reasons. Try. A hard reset it might help also.
    I never keep apps running for very long. Once I'm finished using them they get closed, and the only android apps I have are Clash of Clans and Instagram, which I have had since I got the phone

I've just done the hard reset and I've now dropped 15% in 1 hour.

Not looking good!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 10:51 AM
    Do you always have the NFC on?
    I think that there is something running in the background... or a software glitch.. when nothing works, you always can perform a security wipe, and start all over again.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-22-15 11:43 AM
    Looks normal. Atleast I think so. Mine does this as well.
    05-22-15 11:44 AM
    Do you always have the NFC on?
    I think that there is something running in the background... or a software glitch.. when nothing works, you always can perform a security wipe, and start all over again.

Hey Mausje,

I didn't even realise I did have it on! I turned it on to try something... about a month ago! Haha so don't think it's that.

I left it on charge for a little bit and now this. So getting a bit of life back! Does seem like a glitch though so will see how it goes.
    Blackberry 10 Classic - Battery problem-img_20150522_183241.png

Looks normal. Atleast I think so. Mine does this as well.
    I don't think it is normal, could you Screenshot your battery monitor so I can look?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 12:35 PM
    I never keep apps running for very long. Once I'm finished using them they get closed, and the only android apps I have are Clash of Clans and Instagram, which I have had since I got the phone

I've just done the hard reset and I've now dropped 15% in 1 hour.

Not looking good!

Posted via CB10
    You do charge it from the wall right, use charging doesn't seem to last as good.
    05-22-15 12:47 PM
    What does the cpu and memory usage say? Maybe something is running in the background that isn't supposed to be...

05-22-15 01:27 PM
    I do charge from the wall yes

Blackberry 10 Classic - Battery problem-img_20150522_193102.png
    Blackberry 10 Classic - Battery problem-img_20150522_193123.png
    Blackberry 10 Classic - Battery problem-img_20150522_193202.png
    CPU and mobile data have been similar to that all day but it seems to have sorted itself out now though

Hopefully it lasts!
    Thanks for the help guys

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 01:33 PM
    A restart will always give the battery a hit until all has been reloaded and settled.
    I've found that in cpu my systems runs around 4.5-6 normally. If I see it frequently at 10 or above, I do a restart as that's when I notice that the battery will go down a little quicker. This doesn't happen frequently and about every week or so, I do a restart at night when it's on charge. This procedure leaves me with great battery life.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 02:28 PM
    Maybe the 4G line is not that good around your area. If the service keep changing from 4G to 3G or EDGE, it will consume more power. Might as well set the network to EDGE/2G and change it only when you need to use faster internett like when you are browsing.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.680
    05-23-15 09:11 AM
    Shame you cannot keep a spare battery in your pocket!

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    05-23-15 02:02 PM
    Of course he can. But obviously not for this device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-23-15 05:27 PM
    Shame you cannot keep a spare battery in your pocket!

Posted via CB10

Blackberry 10 Classic - Battery problem-kermit-strange.jpg

We had that discussion with you a few topics before... you don't have to keep bringing that up...

05-23-15 05:30 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kermit strange.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	354212

We had that discussion with you a few topics before... you don't have to keep bringing that up...

Wouldn't want you to overlook this important distinction between 2 very similar Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 03:44 AM
    PIM seems to taking up a lot of battery.
    Have you added any new accounts recently?
    What are the auto sync intervals for your accounts?
    (Settings>Accounts>Tap an account and check the setting)

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 03:53 AM
    Wouldn't want you to overlook this important distinction between 2 very similar Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Nope.. it is as it is...

05-24-15 05:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    Even if I had a Q10, I wouldn't carry an extra phone battery. Much more convenient to carry one of those lipstick battery packs. Smaller and you don't have the inconvenience of having to wait for the phone to boot back up after the battery pull.
    As it stands for me the Classic's battery lasts me the day even with heavy use. Not even something that crosses my mind. I smile when I'm around friends and everyone is plugged into battery packs.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 10:35 AM
    Even if I had a Q10, I wouldn't carry an extra phone battery. Much more convenient to carry one of those lipstick battery packs. Smaller and you don't have the inconvenience of having to wait for the phone to boot back up after the battery pull.
    As it stands for me the Classic's battery lasts me the day even with heavy use. Not even something that crosses my mind. I smile when I'm around friends and everyone is plugged into battery packs.

Posted via CB10
    Reboot take less than 90 seconds and you do not have to a "lipstick" charger hanging off your phone!

Guess you are lucky that classic lasts you the day. Wonder how well it will do in 12 months?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 03:07 PM
    Reboot take less than 90 seconds and you do not have to a "lipstick" charger hanging off your phone!

Guess you are lucky that classic lasts you the day. Wonder how well it will do in 12 months?

Posted via CB10
    Isn't strange that you HAVE to have a spare battery with your phone? ( whatever phone it is) Think about it...
    At the end of my day, i have more then 50% battery life left. And yes.. with heavy use.

05-24-15 03:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    From what I see online my experience is not unique and no reason to think it will change in 12 months, but try not to loose too much sleep over it on my behalf. I'm not worried about the longevity of the battery just as I wasn't with all my previous phones and they lasted years without a battery change.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 03:31 PM
    Even if one has problems with the device's battery within the 12 months timeframe, a warranty claim should resolve the issues.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 04:40 PM
    Isn't strange that you HAVE to have a spare battery with your phone? ( whatever phone it is) Think about it...
    At the end of my day, i have more then 50% battery life left. And yes.. with heavy use.

Working in an environment with a poor and variable cell signal. It is a known problem.

You should see the iphone and android users. 1/2-day and they are all hunting for chargers!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 06:27 PM
    Working in an environment with a poor and variable cell signal. It is a known problem.

You should see the iphone and android users. 1/2-day and they are all hunting for chargers!

Posted via CB10
    So you suture with one hand and text with the other? We'll take a pass. Just book a service room with one of the duty nurses and put your q10 on bedside mode, indefinitely. See ya buddy.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 07:13 PM
    Everyone ties one-handed.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 07:19 PM
27 12