Hi,
    I am planning to get the blackberry classic, blue, but I missed the latest price discounts on shop blackberry Canada. When should I expect another price discounts? How much guys u have purchased yours? And when?

Thanks,
    04-22-16 09:11 AM
    Chen seemed to indicate that the Classic was out of production... if you really want a blue one, not sure waiting to see if it gets any cheaper is a good idea. Next week it could be $50 cheaper or it could be sold out.....

In the US, Amazon is cheaper than shop.blackberry.... don't know about Canada.
    dan7800 likes this.
    04-22-16 10:43 AM
    Last week on shop blackberry Canada it was on sales, I don't remember exactly how much was it. Almost the whole site was going on sales, but now everything back to regular prices
    04-22-16 10:56 AM
    I don't think the Classic was on sale last week. I've actually been following Shopblackberry.ca for a while now hoping to see a price cut on the Classic. It was still $499.99 CAD last time I checked.

I am hoping there will be a sale on the Classic soon. I really want to pick up a blue one myself but I can't justify that price with the current state of Blackberry.
    04-22-16 01:01 PM
    The Classic was not on sale last month, it was only the Passport.

If the Classic really has indeed gone out of production then your better off getting a few now if you really love the phone.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    04-22-16 01:23 PM
    I'd get a few myself but the keyboard and toolbetl quality has been so poor on this phone.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    04-22-16 01:24 PM
    I am not 100% sure about this but I don't see too many sales coming for the Classic in the near future.

On the last conference call with the investment community John Chen mentioned that keeping the production of the Classic going has been difficult. Given the spec's of the phone the parts have become hard to come by yet the relatively decent demand (for a Blackberry corporate designed phone) has been good.

He mentioned that he wants to continue to sell it but it's getting harder to produce. Given the inventory moves fairly well I suspect they are going to try and maximize the ASP on the phone in order to make the gross margin high as possible.

Other models such as the Priv, Leap and maybe the original Passport may have some decent sales going forward in order to move inventory. See what happens I guess.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 03:11 PM
    Purchased this for �329 plus �39.99 leather pouch in January 2015 and it was at Selfridges Store in London.

 Black Classic 
    04-23-16 11:18 AM
    Bought mine on an Amazon Warehouse Deal where only the packaging was messed up and it only cost me 179.

Completely worth it.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789 
    04-24-16 09:12 PM
    I paid 50� upfront in October 2015 and I have a 15� monthly contract including 1000 min calls, 2GB data which is enough for me even to share for my PlayBook too. I was also thinking to get the blue one but then I just went for the cheaper solution. I'm happy with the phone itself but I'm getting annoyed by newest OS and basic app "updates" such as fb and so...

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 11:03 PM
    CAD$220 on Kijiji last weekend, including case that I don't intend to use.. One-week old. I consider myself very fortunate. But still rocking my PPSE for now.

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    04-26-16 08:25 PM
    I'm still holding out for the bronze Classic :-)

Posted via CB10
    mrluky60 likes this.
    04-27-16 12:35 AM