Hey guys. About to nab a new classic from Verizon and I was wondering everyone's experience switching. Im coming from a Verizon z30. Should I be using device switch, or bb link, or will my gmail just sync my contacts? I'm trying to avoid contact doubling and all that other nonsense when switching. I do have a corp email account also but I'm assuming they will need to add my new bb on their side.
    02-25-15 06:43 AM
    I switched from the S4 to the Classic. When I added the Gmail account my contacts and calendar were there. Couldn't be easier.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    02-25-15 07:08 AM
    I've always done better with not restoring old data.... if your contacts are your only concern then yes just allowing Google to sync should be fine - if all your contacts are synced to Google.

But settings, DRM for videos and music, Apps.... there are a few things that you may or may not be able to live without.
    02-25-15 07:28 AM
    I've always done better with not restoring old data.... if your contacts are your only concern then yes just allowing Google to sync should be fine - if all your contacts are synced to Google.

But settings, DRM for videos and music, Apps.... there are a few things that you may or may not be able to live without.
    I would say that contacts and apps are my only concerns. I don't need app data though. So I'm assuming I don't need device switch. Music will move when I flip SD cards.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 07:47 AM
    Blackberry protect and Blackberry link worked fine for me .
    02-25-15 10:20 AM
    Never been able to get device switch to work, BB link works pretty well, when it works, so I would give that a shot. I did it last night, took two tries, but the second try worked and carried everything over.
    02-25-15 11:09 AM
    I've tried using link over a dozen times, my classic always disconnects at some point. Best I've gotten to is 50% and this is using the usb cable that came with it on a stable surface
    02-25-15 06:07 PM